Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Marvel's solicitations are out for November...

DOCTOR DOOM #9

CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)
    PHOENIX VARIANT COVER BY Declan Shalvey

After growing the Latverian empire through bloodshed, Doom turns his attention to the potential apocalypse that is the black hole in Earth’s orbit, as he’s the only brilliant scientific mind left that has any chance of preventing catastrophe. But in the wake of all he’s been through, Victor grapples with a profound change of heart...one he dare not show his enemies, else they see his weakness as opportunity!

MARVEL #2

ALEX ROSS, DAN BRERETON, STEVE DARNALL, PAOLO RIVERA & ERIC POWELL (W)
    ALEX ROSS, ERIC POWELL, PAOLO RIVERA & DAN BRERETON (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Variant Cover by DAN BRERETON – FEB200898

Another artist extravaganza overseen by the master; Alex Ross! In this issue, the X–Men old and new grapple with the swelling of their ranks in a story by Dan Brereton, the Thing, Spider–Man and Doctor Doom contend for the most coveted object on the planet in a tale by Eric Powell, and the Vision pushes himself to the limit in order to save a life in an adventure by Paolo Rivera! All wrapped in a framing sequence painted by Alex and scripted by Steve Darnall!

...and a True Believer Blast from the Past for $1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: KING IN BLACK — IRON MAN/DOCTOR DOOM #1
    Reprinting Iron Man (1968) #149

Some idle speculation....since Cantwell's Iron Man will be underway by November with issue #3, could this True Believer of the Doctor Doom/Iron Man "team up" be a clue to some future crossover between Cantwell's Doom series and Iron Man?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-20-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Variant Cover for Fantastic Four #25, by Stanley "ArtGerm" Lau. He revealed on his Twitter that this is is first time drawing Doctor Doom. There will be an appearance by Doom in this issue but it will probably be brief.

I like this piece by artist Patrick Brown, who says on his Instagram that he is doing some design work for Marvel.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-22-2020 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

TRUE BELIEVERS: KING IN BLACK — IRON MAN/DOCTOR DOOM #1
    Reprinting Iron Man (1968) #149

Some idle speculation....since Cantwell's Iron Man will be underway by November with issue #3, could this True Believer of the Doctor Doom/Iron Man "team up" be a clue to some future crossover between Cantwell's Doom series and Iron Man?
    I love this story. I hope they will reprint Iron Man #150 someday: it's pratically impossible to find at reasonable prices.
    I find it curious that it is part of a series of reprints related to the new Venom event. Maybe Victor and Tony will make an appearance together there? Has Doom ever crossed paths with Venom?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Variant Cover for Fantastic Four #25, by Stanley "ArtGerm" Lau. He revealed on his Twitter that this is is first time drawing Doctor Doom work. There will be an appearance by Doom in this issue but it will probably be brief.
    This cover is stunning! Yeah, it's probably gonna be a very brief appearance (thankfully: I don't trust Slott with Doom anymore), but I will definitely pick this up.

What happened to the Darkhold series? Any news?

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    I find it curious that it is part of a series of reprints related to the new Venom event. Maybe Victor and Tony will make an appearance together there? Has Doom ever crossed paths with Venom?
    Does Secret Wars '84 count? During this time, Spidey obtained the symbiote. And clearly, Doom's towering over them...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-22-2020 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added clarification.

Yeah, I guess that would count even if we didn't know that the black suit Spider-Man would later lead to Venom.

Doom must have had some chance to study Venom although I can't think of when that would have been.

In Bendis's Mighty Avengers 8-10, Tony Stark and the Avengers come into conflict with Doom over a virus that was deployed over New York. This virus "venomized" a number of people that came into contact with it. Stark traces the source of the virus to a Latverian satellite....

But the ironic thing is that even though it is insidious of Doom to have such a satellite deployed, the reason why the virus gets loose is because some technicians are repairing another satellite nearby when a piece of it falls of and damages the Latverian satellite, causing one of the virus capsules to land on NYC. But the question remains, how did Doom develop this? Bendis never explains that part but IMO it can only mean he obtained a sample to study and I suppose replicated it.

Good news for anyone wanting to get the Doom 2099 TPB that came out several years ago. For some reason, this was quite slow in becoming available in the digital version. Now that Marvel gave up their shop on their site and transferred everything to Comixology, you can even buy individual issues of the comics if you want. Or just buy the digital version of the TPB. The single issue collection is far from complete but who knows? Maybe Marvel will evenutally digitize the John Francis Moore issues (#1-23) also. Issue #24 was plotted by Moore and scripted by Warren Ellis and is included in the TPB.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-23-2020 at 01:50 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Venomverse 1 Nov-17 Anthology: "Force Majeure" Dr Doom battles venom symbiote
    Venomverse 2 Nov-17 A Doom infected by Venom appears to command Avengers (one panel)
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Does Secret Wars '84 count? During this time, Spidey obtained the symbiote. And clearly, Doom's towering over them...
    Yeah, I didn’t think about that. He was there when the symbiote made his first appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Venomverse 1 Nov-17 Anthology: "Force Majeure" Dr Doom battles venom symbiote
    Venomverse 2 Nov-17 A Doom infected by Venom appears to command Avengers (one panel)
    Nice! I didn't know about this. And I found this awesome variant cover too, related to the said Venomverse event:

That's probably the scariest look Doom I've ever seen!

Just wanted to share my last fanart with you

I really like this one! The gray stallion is esp well done. Maybe little Val will get some riding lessons.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-25-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Oh this is AMAZING!!! I really love your details especially on Doom's armor, the lighting is very well done and this must have taken you ages! There's so many details! Gorgeous background with the mountains.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Anybody familiar with this game? Doom's in it.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I rarely play video games if ever these days. I don't think I even have a viable console anymore, it's so old I got tired of having to update hardware, etc. and just would rather spend my $$$ on other things.

That looks interesting. I thought that the Fortnite stuff was it's own universe or something but I guess it's not unusual for games to have crossovers, etc.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-27-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Anybody familiar with this game? Doom's in it.

It is an extremely popular game ... but I don't play video games much.

But I was just coming over to celebrate the goodness of Doom getting in on this! He even gets his own dominion, of course. ;p

And here's a couple of pages.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?