Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks Reviresco! Looks like Doom has a regalia for every occasion. I guess that's his special Fornite tunic, etc. I like the style esp that fur trim And I'm glad his domain isn't near the Dirty Docks

But what does that Season 4 stuff mean? Is it a cartoon?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-27-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Oh this is AMAZING!!! I really love your details especially on Doom's armor, the lighting is very well done and this must have taken you ages! There's so many details! Gorgeous background with the mountains.
    It took me three weeks, from sketch to final artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Anybody familiar with this game? Doom's in it.

I don't play Fortnite, but Doom looks really good in this trailer. Fur trimmed cape!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It’s a multiplayer game. I’m not an expert, but I think a season is a period of time when players can use characters and maps related to a particular theme.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post

I don't play Fortnite, but Doom looks really good in this trailer. Fur trimmed cape!

It’s a multiplayer game. I’m not an expert, but I think a season is a period of time when players can use characters and maps related to a particular theme.
    oh, thanks for the explanation. I'm really not much of game player anymore. I think some of my nephews and nieces play this but I'm really out of the loop on this kind of thing

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Thanks Reviresco! Looks like Doom has a regalia for every occasion. I guess that's his special Fornite tunic, etc. I like the style esp that fur trim And I'm glad his domain isn't near the Dirty Docks

Yup like FRC Coazze said, its basically a time period in which characters or equipment becomes available, I think they just finished their DC characters, they might still have them but I'm not sure. I have played this a few times but got bored quickly as its basically a find em and shoot em kinda game and I prefer stuff like rpg fantasy, dragon age, witcher etc.

3 weeks?!!! I'm amazing by your talent and skill! Armor is seriously one of the hardest things for me to practice and yours looks so great.

There is this video of Doom doing one of the Fortnite dances
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Yup like FRC Coazze said, its basically a time period in which characters or equipment becomes available, I think they just finished their DC characters, they might still have them but I'm not sure. I have played this a few times but got bored quickly as its basically a find em and shoot em kinda game and I prefer stuff like rpg fantasy, dragon age, witcher etc.

3 weeks?!!! I'm amazing by your talent and skill! Armor is seriously one of the hardest things for me to practice and yours looks so great.

There is this video of Doom doing one of the Fortnite dances
    OMG....a dancing Doom. Do they have to dance when they win the game or something?

OMG....a dancing Doom. Do they have to dance when they win the game or something?
    They can do the dance at any time iirc, haven't played in a long while but it's basically like a like a dance move you pick out before the game, there's different moves. So you you pick your characters customize it with features, a dance set, weapons, etc. Then you get dropped on the island where you go around shooting other players who die then regenerate later. You can go solo, or as a team. Here is an article advising players where to find Doom because unlike other characters you can both play Doom or fight him since he is a Boss character. They're advising players to dress and pass as a Doombot and go in a team, watch out for other teams who are also looking to take down Doom, and if you manage to beat him (seems like he is hard to defeat) then you can obtain his ability to do a power blast for a while. Also you get access to Doom's treasure hoard.

thanks for all the details on the game. I will be seeing some of my nieces and nephews at a birthday party this weekend. I know some of them used to play Fortnite so I can ask them about it. But I doubt I will buy it. I used to play the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game when you could play it on your PC but that was some time ago. And I enjoyed playing the Superhero Squad game when you could play it over the internet. I was able to go on missions with my nieces and nephew when I would see them logged in. That was a lot of fun and they had several versions of Doom. I liked playing the Future Foundation version and you could also win a sidekick version of characters to help you on missions . Doom lived in a section of the game called Villainville.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-28-2020 at 06:52 PM.

thanks for all the details on the game. I will be seeing some of my nieces and nephews at a birthday party this weekend. I know some of them used to play Fortnite so I can ask them about it. But I doubt I will buy it. I used to play the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game when you could play it on your PC but that was some time ago. And I enjoyed playing the Superhero Squad game when you could play it over the internet. I was able to go on missions with my nieces and nephew when I would see them logged in. That was a lot of fun and they had several versions of Doom. I liked playing the Future Foundation version and you could also win a sidekick version of characters to help you on missions Doom lived in a section of the game called Villainville.
    You're welcome! Those look great, lmao. I always had a fondness for SHS Doom, but I never played these games. I hope someday Marvel makes a really good Marvel Universe game that isn't just about Avengers or Spider-Man but includes all the characters and many playable areas like Latveria and Atlantis.

In the meantime the twitter user also made these other Doom dances in this thread here.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 08-28-2020 at 03:25 PM.

You're welcome! Those look great, lmao. I always had a fondness for SHS Doom, but I never played these games. I hope someday Marvel makes a really good Marvel Universe game that isn't just about Avengers or Spider-Man but includes all the characters and many playable areas like Latveria and Atlantis.

In the meantime the twitter user also made these other Doom dances in this thread here.
    Those are crazy!

I haven't played the recent versions but the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance had a good balance of playable characters IMO and that's the one I could play on my PC. I see where the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 has God Emperor Doom in it.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-02-2020 at 11:16 PM.

Well, this is unexpected....a new Doctor Doom Marvel Legends will be shipping this November. Well, almost new. It looks like they redid the Marvel Legends from last year but with new accessories and a different tunic, which reminds me of his original one from FF #5

I have my doubts about the packaging....it looks like it come from the 1990s or so. The article says it was to be a tie in with the Darkhold Alpha series which was delayed by the pandemic.

Here's the link to the Hasbro page ....and it is a deliberate retro look packaging

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-31-2020 at 10:13 AM.

I was just coming here to scream about the new figure, can't wait to get mine!

I love the packaging! Love the figure too, even if it is essentially the same Doom as last year. It’s good to have more accessories to use on the older figure as well, and without the cape it’d make a nice Books of Doom Victor.

I really hope this will be available in the EU too, I don’t want to spend the price of the figure in import taxes and shipping from the US

I was just coming here to scream about the new figure, can't wait to get mine!
    I was just searching around for any news about the Doctor Doom comic....which will finally resume in about 24 days and counting......and I came across this. At first when I saw the packaging I though I stumbled on an old link but then saw that it was very much like the figure from last year. I am looking forward to adding him to my Doom army.

I love the packaging! Love the figure too, even if it is essentially the same Doom as last year. It’s good to have more accessories to use on the older figure as well, and without the cape it’d make a nice Books of Doom Victor.

I really hope this will be available in the EU too, I don’t want to spend the price of the figure in import taxes and shipping from the US
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that Hasbro ships it to the EU stores, etc. I have no idea how all this marketing works esp during this pandemic. For the last figure I had found it at a Wal Mart and then noticed Gamestop got theirs also but a few weeks later.

And I noticed later that the third small accessory is the Ultimate Nullifier! What a coincidence since he just obtained one in the last issue of the Doctor Doom series before the pandemic!

The cape should be removable so it will be like having Books of Doom/Fantastic Four #5 Victor. I look forward to taking some pictures of the two Marvel Legends side by side.

Oooh, the Darkhold...

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Sweet! Looks like a bit of a repaint/repackage but I love it. Cool new accessories too. Ultimate Nullifier!
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria