Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

This is a great Doctor Doom art by Justin Mason on twitter

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks IW. And again with the fur trim, which I love. Is this a sign of an early winter? I should go give this a like.

I listened to the podcast interview with Doctor Doom writer Christopher Cantwell over at the Adventures in Poor Taste website. The podcast link is under the first paragraph. It's quite long, a little over an hour and a half. But it's worth a listen for both Iron Man and Doctor Doom fans.

The first section is all about the new Iron Man series debuting next week. At around the 1 hour 14 minutes mark the interviews switch over to discussing Cantwell's Doctor Doom series for the next 15 or 20 minutes.

Here are some of the highlights

At one point the interviewer asks if there a plans to do something involving both Doctor Doom and Iron Man (1 hr and 25 min mark)
    and here is his reply

"I have a good feeling that those 2 guys will meet at some point in a cool thing. It's not what you guys expect. But I am actually very excited I get to do something like this and that Tom (Brevoort) and a couple of other folks at Marvel went for it. So yeah, that will be down the road. You got two guys who have huge egos and wear their own suits of armor and think they're godlike. So of course it's awesome to get them on the page together. I think they're two sides of the same coin."

About issue #7

"We left it in a funny place (referring to issue #6). In #7 he's going back to Latveria...he's going to assess who his friends are, figure out how this coup happened that deposed him and then make some big decisions about himself and how to approach the so-called future he's been seeing. I do think that the end of this story is pretty cool and devastating. And I don't think we pull any punches which I think is awesome. I'm excited for people to see it."

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Thanks for the link to this interview!

I am not an Iron Man fan so I personally won't be looking forward to anything with Doom and Iron Man. I am very excited for the rest of the series though, I just hope they aren't stopping at the 12 issue mark?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thanks for the link to this interview!

I am not an Iron Man fan so I personally won't be looking forward to anything with Doom and Iron Man. I am very excited for the rest of the series though, I just hope they aren't stopping at the 12 issue mark?
    That's what has me worried. There's not been a firm statement that there will be anything after issue #10. I really would be disappointed if it comes to an end. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Right now on Previewsworld, they are up to the month of November. In a couple of weeks they should have the December catalog up there which will include issue #10. If that is the last issue I would guess that the preview will say so. But if they plan to make a second TPB, that will mean it will only include 4 issues when it's usually 5 or 6.

I've always found the Victor/Tony team-ups to be fun going back to their first time travel story to Camelot. But I do like the Victor / Stephen ones a bit better. It's the closest thing to friendship that Victor has going these days.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

If you do digital at Comixology, there's a couple of sales featuring Doom. The amazing OGN Triumph and Torment is $4, as is the collection of 6 issues that make up Brubaker's Book of Doom.

Also, Doomwar is FREE, with the giant Black Panther giveaway. You have to add the individual issues to your cart, as the collection is not free.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks for the alert, Reviresco! When Marvel dropped their digital sales site, my previous purchases were migrated over there since I did the sync even before that. I like getting the digital copies of a TPB because if I ever travel (which ain't happening too much these days!), I have a whole library of stuff to read off my Ipod Pro.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for the alert, Reviresco! When Marvel dropped their digital sales site, my previous purchases were migrated over there since I did the sync even before that. I like getting the digital copies of a TPB because if I ever travel (which ain't happening too much these days!), I have a whole library of stuff to read off my Ipod Pro.
    I like having the digital copies of certain things (Namor) so I can easily do screen shots. I still haven't got the ideal tablet for reading comics online, but I make do on the computer and sometimes the Kindle.

Also should mention, if there are any issues of Black Panther where he faces off against Doom, they are FREE also. Just find the single issues and add them to your cart. Besides Doomwar, I'm thinking of Sturm and Drang, as well as the issue that precede Doomwar, where T'challa goes to Latveria.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I like having the digital copies of certain things (Namor) so I can easily do screen shots. I still haven't got the ideal tablet for reading comics online, but I make do on the computer and sometimes the Kindle.

Also should mention, if there are any issues of Black Panther where he faces off against Doom, they are FREE also. Just find the single issues and add them to your cart. Besides Doomwar, I'm thinking of Sturm and Drang, as well as the issue that precede Doomwar, where T'challa goes to Latveria.
    That's a good suggestion. I have the single issues of those but will pick those up too.

I listened to the podcast interview with Doctor Doom writer Christopher Cantwell over at the Adventures in Poor Taste website. The podcast link is under the first paragraph. It's quite long, a little over an hour and a half. But it's worth a listen for both Iron Man and Doctor Doom fans.

The first section is all about the new Iron Man series debuting next week. At around the 1 hour 14 minutes mark the interviews switch over to discussing Cantwell's Doctor Doom series for the next 15 or 20 minutes.

Here are some of the highlights

At one point the interviewer asks if there a plans to do something involving both Doctor Doom and Iron Man (1 hr and 25 min mark)
    and here is his reply

"I have a good feeling that those 2 guys will meet at some point in a cool thing. It's not what you guys expect. But I am actually very excited I get to do something like this and that Tom (Brevoort) and a couple of other folks at Marvel went for it. So yeah, that will be down the road. You got two guys who have huge egos and wear their own suits of armor and think they're godlike. So of course it's awesome to get them on the page together. I think they're two sides of the same coin."

About issue #7

"We left it in a funny place (referring to issue #6). In #7 he's going back to Latveria...he's going to assess who his friends are, figure out how this coup happened that deposed him and then make some big decisions about himself and how to approach the so-called future he's been seeing. I do think that the end of this story is pretty cool and devastating. And I don't think we pull any punches which I think is awesome. I'm excited for people to see it."
    Very interesting interview! I look forward to see Tony and Victor teaming up again, I have the feeling that it's gonna happen in the King in Black event.

As for the Doom series, by the way they talk about issue #10 being the end of this story, not the end of the story or the end of the series, the probabilities of issue 11 being a thing are getting higher. But then... maybe I watch (and read) too many detective series We certainly will know with the next solicitations.
    Last edited by FRC Coazze; 09-10-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    Very interesting interview! I look forward to see Tony and Victor teaming up again, I have the feeling that it's gonna happen in the King in Black event.

As for the Doom series, by the way they talk about issue #10 being the end of this story, not the end of the story or the end of the series, the probabilities of issue 11 being a thing are getting higher. But then... maybe I watch (and read) too many detective series We certainly will know with the next solicitations.
    Yes, the December solicitations will give us a clue. If issue #10 is the last issue, I think it will be announced there. I hope not! I am going to have to look up the news about the upcoming King in Black event. I didn't even know that was coming up. As mentioned in another thread about Wanda's travails, etc. Victor and Wanda will be meeting again in the pandemic delayed Darkhold event (not even sure how many issues are coming out on that) but that Darkhold Alpha was held up by the pandemic. It was supposed to be coming out in June but right now doesn't even appear on the Diamond Distributors site. Here's a link that discusses the missing series on Bleeding Cool.

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Oh Wow....this should be awesome! Thanks for posting that. And Just in time for Christmas!

Oh Wow....this should be awesome! Thanks for posting that. And Just in time for Christmas!

Yes! This is gonna be great!

The only issue I have is with the cover. I can't read Victor's pose: what's he doing? The only thing I came up with is that he was gonna blast whatever enemy they've got in front of them but then he held back 'cause he realized that Tony preceeded him. And he looks pretty annoyed too. And Tony probably missed, since Santa's behind them XD I can see something like that happening with these two. The pose is still odd to me, though. Doesn't look natural.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    Yes! This is gonna be great!

The only issue I have is with the cover. I can't read Victor's pose: what's he doing? The only thing I came up with is that he was gonna blast whatever enemy they've got in front of them but then he held back 'cause he realized that Tony preceeded him. And he looks pretty annoyed too. And Tony probably missed, since Santa's behind them XD I can see something like that happening with these two. The pose is still odd to me, though. Doesn't look natural.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. They are both looking sideways at each other. Iron Man looks ready to zap someone while Doom looks like he's ready to ......dance the samba??