Page 54 of 75 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

I wonder will anyone ever address Victor's love child, with that woman that Tony was dating. I mean all of this talk of Doctor Doom and Iron Man teaming up, you think this topic would come up. LOL!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I wonder will anyone ever address Victor's love child, with that woman that Tony was dating. I mean all of this talk of Doctor Doom and Iron Man teaming up, you think this topic would come up. LOL!
    I know right? I've been wondering about that ever since Bendis left Marvel with the baby on the way. I really, really hope Cantwell goes there and brings it up. If he doesn't, I'm afraid that means that TPTB at Marvel want it to quietly go away.

Another thing... when Doom was Infamous Iron Man in that last battle he saved both Rhodey and then Tony from being possessed by Mephisto. Will Tony bring that up and ask him why he did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I know right? I've been wondering about that ever since Bendis left Marvel with the baby on the way. I really, really hope Cantwell goes there and brings it up. If he doesn't, I'm afraid that means that TPTB at Marvel want it to quietly go away.

Another thing... when Doom was Infamous Iron Man in that last battle he saved both Rhodey and then Tony from being possessed by Mephisto. Will Tony bring that up and ask him why he did it?
    From the things that I've read by Bendis, he has a tendency to throw grenades into a series and then leave it for someone else to deal with. LOL! And that's true too Doom did save Tony and Rhodey so I do want to see that talked about as well.

However my gut feeling is that his love child is one of those things that will pushed down or attempted to be retconned.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    From the things that I've read by Bendis, he has a tendency to throw grenades into a series and then leave it for someone else to deal with. LOL! And that's true too Doom did save Tony and Rhodey so I do want to see that talked about as well.

However my gut feeling is that his love child is one of those things that will pushed down or attempted to be retconned.
    Yeah, I feel the longer it goes on unaddressed the less likely that child will ever be referenced. Marvel editorial has a sneaky of letting things die from neglect, hoping the fans will forget. But sadly it looks like Amara is going to stay M.I.A. too. If she doesn't show up in Cantwell's Iron Man then she's going to go into neglected character limbo, never to be heard from again. That's a bit of a shame because at the end of his run I did like how Bendis was writing her. As much as she was fighting against it, she admitted to herself that she had fallen in love but she hated all the drama associated with being in a relationship with someone whose life is as volatile as Doom's.

I'm pretty sure Amara and expecially the child won't come up again, unless Cantwell manages to include them in his Iron Man series, but I really doubt that. Victor now has Fruszina in his mind and he's obsessed by those visions of her and his possible future, which is a pity 'cause he had actually found someone who was sincerely in love with him. That said, I'd love to see Amara again. Her story needs a conclusion.

That Victor saved Tony from Mephisto, however, it's something that could definetely be addressed. At least I hope it will.
    Last edited by FRC Coazze; 09-16-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    I'm pretty sure Amara and expecially the child won't come up again, unless Cantwell manages to include them in his Iron Man series, but I really doubt that. Victor now has Fruszina in his mind and he's obsessed by those visions of her and his possible future, which is a pity 'cause he had actually found someone who was sincerely in love with him. That said, I'd love to see Amara again. Her story needs a conclusion.

That Victor saved Tony from Mephisto, however, it's something that could definetely be addressed. At least I hope it will.
    I do too. As I recall, Tony and Victor haven't met face to face since the end of Infamous Iron Man and there should be some discussion about that whole time period between them. I really haven't read a satisfactory reason as to why Victor would take up the mantle of Iron Man. Bendis tried to but IMO it just wasn't sufficient. Doom has a less toxic relationship with Tony then he does with Reed but they are still not bosom friends.

My thoughts on Fruszina is that she unobtainable and a lost cause. Victor should forget about her. He has never let her father out of prison for the crime of being a dissident voice and I doubt he would do it just to win her over

Cantwell already stirring things up between Victor and Tony

https://mobile.twitter.com/ifyoucant...51953672921088

I with you guys. I would love if Cantwell brung up the baby with Tony’s ex. To me that shouldn’t be forgotten. Just for Tony to find out about it would be mind blowing.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I with you guys. I would love if Cantwell brung up the baby with Tony’s ex. To me that shouldn’t be forgotten. Just for Tony to find out about it would be mind blowing.
    Exactly. It's like the elephant in the room between them. Now Tony wasn't around to know about how things ended up with Amara being pregnant. But you would think he might look her up or get in touch with her again. I haven't read issue #1 yet but I know that there will be something going on with him and Patsy/Hellcat. But I'm hoping something will come up about Amara somewhere down the line.

The December Solicitations are out

Marvel #3 (of 6)

ALEX ROSS, STEVE DARNALL, ALAN WEISS, BILL SIENKIEWICZ, SCOTT GUSTAFSON, RYAN HESHKA (W)
    ALEX ROSS, ALAN WEISS, BILL SIENKIEWICZ, SCOTT GUSTAFSON, RYAN HESHKA (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Variant Cover by Alan Weiss

Another artist extravaganza overseen by the master; Alex Ross! In this issue, the X–Men old and new grapple with the swelling of their ranks in a story by Dan Brereton, the Thing, Spider–Man and Doctor Doom contend for the most coveted object on the planet in a tale by Eric Powell, and the Vision pushes himself to the limit in order to save a life in an adventure by Paolo Rivera! All wrapped in a framing sequence painted by Alex and scripted by Steve Darnall!

King in Black: Iron Man/Doctor Doom #1

CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY DAN MORA

Iron Man has risked everything to save Eddie Brock, but now he’s left with nothing but guilt. As longtime ‘frenemy’ Doctor Doom shows up with both counseling words and ulterior motives, they’lll be forced to battle an all-too-familiar specter of the holiday season—albeit one now twisted and controlled by the recent invasion of Earth by the symbiote homeworld. As Iron Man and Doom fight as temporary allies, their unexpected encounter both with each other and a horrifying inversion of yuletide joy may ultimately reveal to them the true meaning of Knull-mas.

Doctor Doom #10

CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W)
    SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)

“THE CRACK OF DOOM” CONCLUDES…
    Following a painful self-inflicted disaster on the Moon, Doctor Doom suddenly finds himself back on Earth…but an Earth he recognizes only from dreams and visions, where a very different Victor Von Doom is the benevolent savior and leader of humanity. As our embittered and embattled Doom finally comes face to face with his peaceful alter ego, he’ll be forced to decide: Should he take the lessons of this better world in order to save his own?

No big surprises here except we have the cover for Doctor Doom #10. I still am wondering about the status of the series. It says that "Crack of Doom" concludes but not the title itself so that looks encouraging at least. I think we can guess what choice Doom will make here. Marvel has indicated that they want to keep the status quo and I doubt we will see the Victor we saw in those visions take over the title. It would require a global change of just about all the titles. But will it cause any change in Doom's behavior? We shall see I suppose.

I've not been following the Alex Ross series "Marvel" and I may have to go back and look at those first 2 issues. Doom is mentioned in the description of issue #2 so instead of a one shot this looks like a continuing story within this series.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-17-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Kristoff is one of the very rare Marvel kid characters who grew up and I can't say that I like how time just skipped so fast with him. lol, not a fan of Old Man Kristoff XD but glad he is FINALLY showing up and from the looks of it, he never betrayed Doom. That was one of my concerns that the writer would turn them against each other.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

It's funny how Kristoff has been allowed to age up and Franklin's was slowed down for far too long, probably to keep the rest of the FF cast fairly young. But Kristoff does look too old here!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Doctor Doom #10

CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W)
    SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)

“THE CRACK OF DOOM” CONCLUDES…
    Following a painful self-inflicted disaster on the Moon, Doctor Doom suddenly finds himself back on Earth…but an Earth he recognizes only from dreams and visions, where a very different Victor Von Doom is the benevolent savior and leader of humanity. As our embittered and embattled Doom finally comes face to face with his peaceful alter ego, he’ll be forced to decide: Should he take the lessons of this better world in order to save his own?
    What on earth is going on ?! This story’s getting more and more intricate, in no way can it end with issue #10. I’m pretty sure now the series will continue, if it doesn't I'll be very very disappointed. About these visions, it all gives me the idea that someone is just messing with Victor badly. Again.

The cover reminds me a bit of "What if Doctor Doom had become a hero". I really like the duality of the background: the cheering crowd on one side and the ruined city on the other. Just, what problem does Larroca have with Doom’s mask? Sometimes he draws it perfectly, but I don't like it when he squashes it like that. Probably wasn’t very inspired with this cover

I'm confused. Kristoff looks even older than Victor here. I guess he’s supposed to be in his early twenties at best, but he looks much much older. How old is Victor anyway? I always thought he was about forty, but making some calculations, also considering Fruszina’s story, he should be forty-five to fifty, yet in the visions (even if we don’t consider that they’re set in the future) he certainly doesn’t look fifty…
    It's good to see Kristoff again, though!

iMan 42s

Victor should be fairly old. Though magic and his technology as well as just being Doom would put him in fairly healthy condition.

Kristoff looking old with a beard for someone around 20 isn't uncommon. Stress will change how someone looks and a beard can add years to someone's appearance.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.