Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1124
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Santa Doom is in the newest Line is Drawn!

by the awesome Nick Perks

https://www.cbr.com/line-it-is-drawn...s-spectacular/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Oh wow! Thanks! I think I might use that in my thread....maybe for the conclusion

I never knew Toby Kebbell was so passionate about Doctor Doom and actually read comic books he was in. It's a pity his Fantastic Four movie was so poorly received:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/fa...ll-marvel-mcu/

Thanks for posting that new interview. I remember some of the ones he gave at the time the movie was still in pre-release stage and you could tell he knew the character and he mentioned his older brother as the source of how he became interested in the character long before being cast in the movie. I've seen recent interviews where he says once Doom is lost to the other universe, he had no more scenes to fill. I'm not even sure if that was his voice that was used towards the end of the movie. I think anytime you see Crash Test Dummy Doom on the screen, Kebbell has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for posting that new interview. I remember some of the ones he gave at the time the movie was still in pre-release stage and you could tell he knew the character and he mentioned his older brother as the source of how he became interested in the character long before being cast in the movie. I've seen recent interviews where he says once Doom is lost to the other universe, he had no more scenes to fill. I'm not even sure if that was his voice that was used towards the end of the movie. I think anytime you see Crash Test Dummy Doom on the screen, Kebbell has nothing to do with it.
    No problem. I'm sorry that Kebbell didn't get a fair chance to portray one of his favorite comic book characters. I DO think the MCU will integrate the Fantastic Four and their franchise (including Doctor Doom) relatively smoothly and easily. I have less confidence in the mutant stuff. I wonder if Disney will make BOTH Reed AND Victor be flawed by their hubris. I think their personalities should be SOMEWHAT similar, even though they eventually take different approaches to deal with the world's problems. I just hope Doom remains Eastern European. That's all that I ask! And I think there's a distinct possibility that Sokovia will be renamed Latveria in the MCU in the future. Kind of like how Burma changed its name to Myanmar after the military took over that country thirty years ago. That way there's a country Doom can take over because Sokovia looked pretty politically unstable to me. I wonder if the Falcon and the Winter Soldier will get into this because Baron Zemo will be in that series.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-19-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    No problem. I'm sorry that Kebbell didn't get a fair chance to portray one of his favorite comic book characters. I DO think the MCU will integrate the Fantastic Four and their franchise (including Doctor Doom) relatively smoothly and easily. I have less confidence in the mutant stuff. I wonder if Disney will make BOTH Reed AND Victor be flawed by their hubris. I think their personalities should be SOMEWHAT similar, even though they eventually take different approaches to deal with the world's problems. I just hope Doom remains Eastern European. That's all that I ask! And I think there's a distinct possibility that Sokovia will be renamed Latveria in the MCU in the future. Kind of like how Burma changed its name to Myanmar after the military took over that country thirty years ago. That way there's a country Doom can take over because Sokovia looked pretty politically unstable to me. I wonder if the Falcon and the Winter Soldier will get into this because Baron Zemo will be in that series.
    I've lost track of all the click bait speculation put forth on all the comic book news sites about how Doom will/should be introduced in the MCU. I'll just be happy when that day arrives! The latest one is that he will be briefly glimpsed in the Loki series just because their is a cloaked figure in the trailer. As for Latveria, I prefer that it remain a separate country but your suggestion would work as well. They should at least be mentioning Latveria at least in passing in this upcoming wave.

And please.... No Americanized Doom like Fox did with Julian McMahon's part. I've said for many years now that the way Disney/Marvel should approach Doom's origin is the same way the Usual Suspects handles Kyser Sose. Someone should narrate his origin over some brief flashback scenes. I don't think Reed should be the one to reveal it either...I'd like to see them bring in the MCU version of Boris for that, similar to the scenes in Triumph and Torment where Boris tells the story to Dr Strange.

Just a friendly reminder fellow Doomophiles...be sure to check out the ongoing 12 Days of Santa Doom (2020 version) Remember, Santa Doom is making a list and checking it twice...and you wouldn't want to disappoint him

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Got a newish Heroclix Doom recently, a pretty distinct sculpt of this figure in an action pose.
    Heroclix Dr Doom #021.jpg

I don't know what series this is from, I sort of lost track for awhile, and just saw it come up on ebay for the first time. I think it was a Fantastic Four series. When they package these figures as hidden or you have to buy four at a time, I usually wait and see if singles come up for sale later, as it did. But it could have been out for awhile now. I do like the pose. Here's the accompanying card:
    Heroclix Dr Doom #021 card front.jpg

The cards aren't always accurate but are sometimes amusing. I don't know how to play this game, but collect the Doom figures. Yet it's clear they know a little something about this character from the comics.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

I've lost track of all the click bait speculation put forth on all the comic book news sites about how Doom will/should be introduced in the MCU. I'll just be happy when that day arrives! The latest one is that he will be briefly glimpsed in the Loki series just because their is a cloaked figure in the trailer. As for Latveria, I prefer that it remain a separate country but your suggestion would work as well. They should at least be mentioning Latveria at least in passing in this upcoming wave.

And please.... No Americanized Doom like Fox did with Julian McMahon's part. I've said for many years now that the way Disney/Marvel should approach Doom's origin is the same way the Usual Suspects handles Kyser Sose. Someone should narrate his origin over some brief flashback scenes. I don't think Reed should be the one to reveal it either...I'd like to see them bring in the MCU version of Boris for that, similar to the scenes in Triumph and Torment where Boris tells the story to Dr Strange.
    Yeah, I hope they mention Latveria in the coming phase. I do like how the MCU has its stories taking place not just in the US. Besides NYC and Washington D.C., I think Johannesburg, Vienna, Lagos, Edinburgh, Seoul, Busan, London, Bucharest and Monaco all saw varying degrees of destruction. I also think it would be better if a European actor plays Doctor Doom. I have very little confidence in American actors doing Eastern European accents.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Got a newish Heroclix Doom recently, a pretty distinct sculpt of this figure in an action pose.
    Heroclix Dr Doom #021.jpg

I don't know what series this is from, I sort of lost track for awhile, and just saw it come up on ebay for the first time. I think it was a Fantastic Four series. When they package these figures as hidden or you have to buy four at a time, I usually wait and see if singles come up for sale later, as it did. But it could have been out for awhile now. I do like the pose. Here's the accompanying card:
    Heroclix Dr Doom #021 card front.jpg

The cards aren't always accurate but are sometimes amusing. I don't know how to play this game, but collect the Doom figures. Yet it's clear they know a little something about this character from the comics.
    Sad to say but wasn't the only Doom 2099 figure ever done a Hero Clix? I asked my LCS if he had any of those laying about but he didn't have any. Do people play this anymore?

On another note, I saw this little sales statistic. According to Diamond Distributors, the Funko Infamous Iron Man was in the top 5 of toy items for October.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah, I hope they mention Latveria in the coming phase. I do like how the MCU has its stories taking place not just in the US. Besides NYC and Washington D.C., I think Johannesburg, Vienna, Lagos, Edinburgh, Seoul, Busan, London, Bucharest and Monaco all saw varying degrees of destruction. I also think it would be better if a European actor plays Doctor Doom. I have very little confidence in American actors doing Eastern European accents.
    I will be so glad when things get back to normal and then perhaps these film projects will start to develop. I passed by one of the local movie theater complex, which is still closed. It is from the Goodrich chain and the one near me had filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in March and things look pretty grim. I saw a lot of the Marvel movies there because they have an Digital IMAX screen that's about as tall as a 4 story building. And if that was booked, they also had a GDX screen, 16 screens in total. I'm beginning to doubt it will ever open again.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-21-2020 at 11:04 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

I miss going to movies.

Yes, Heroclix did the only Doom 2099 figure I've seen. I don't know if anyone plays the game at all, I just collect the Doom figures (there have been a lot).
    Heroclix Doom 2099 #007.jpg

This was a custom someone did and I bought off of ebay. It amuses me.
    Heroclix Doom chokes Reed custom.jpg

They also did a Doom with the Unthinkable leather armor, a Kristoff, and ultimate Doom and zombie Doom, so there are multiple iterations plus Doombots.
    Heroclix Kristoff #026.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

I will be so glad when things get back to normal and then perhaps these film projects will start to develop. I passed by one of the local movie theater complex, which is still closed. It is from the Goodrich chain and the one near me had filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in March and things look pretty grim. I saw a lot of the Marvel movies their because they have an Digital IMAX screen that's about as tall as a 4 story building. And if that was booked, they also had a GDX screen, 16 screens in total. I'm beginning to doubt it will ever open again.
    I'm very sorry to hear about the state of theaters in your community. I hope they can weather the storm and somehow survive and thrive in the future. But it's looking really grim. I hardly go "to the movies" any more, so I might be part of the problem! I've always been more of a television guy (WAY before it was considered prestigious). I just don't like loud noises, sitting near obnoxious people, having to go to public restrooms, not having access to closed captioning, and not getting an option to rewind and/or forward!

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    I miss going to movies.

Yes, Heroclix did the only Doom 2099 figure I've seen. I don't know if anyone plays the game at all, I just collect the Doom figures (there have been a lot).
    Heroclix Doom 2099 #007.jpg

This was a custom someone did and I bought off of ebay. It amuses me.
    Heroclix Doom chokes Reed custom.jpg

They also did a Doom with the Unthinkable leather armor, a Kristoff, and ultimate Doom and zombie Doom, so there are multiple iterations plus Doombots.
    Heroclix Kristoff #026.jpg
    I love the chokehold Doom and the Kristoff. I had seen the Doom 2099 one once and it might have been at a comic con. Should have bought it then. Speaking of Kristoff, I hope other writers follow up on his current status as being in charge of the Symkarian territory.

I'm very sorry to hear about the state of theaters in your community. I hope they can weather the storm and somehow survive and thrive in the future. But it's looking really grim. I hardly go "to the movies" any more, so I might be part of the problem! I've always been more of a television guy (WAY before it was considered prestigious). I just don't like loud noises, sitting near obnoxious people, having to go to public restrooms, not having access to closed captioning, and not getting an option to rewind and/or forward!
    I know sometimes you can have some bad experiences in going out to see a movie. But I do rather enjoy the sense of having a shared experience and reactions. Of course, people are much more jaded these days. I actually saw "Jaws" by riding a train into Chicago and going to the United Artists theater. There were screams when the shark spooked Brody while he was doing the chumming. Or the screams when the chest buster scene happened in "Alien". People just don't do that much these days.

I hope we get a Doom debut, or I should say the MCU Doom soon. I wouldn't mind seeing on HBO streaming if that's what they do but would prefer to see it on the IMAX, if the other one in my county is still going to be open. It was not originally built to be one like the other theater I mentioned and they merely did a conversion. The screen isn't as big as the other.