Page 11 of 131 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    spoilers:
    The ceasefire is a good thing, right? It shows he's trying to de-escalate tensions.

As for the Skrulls blowing up suns... I hope it's just an exaggeration and it's not one of those things that result in billions of people dying, honestly. I really don't want Teddy to be tainted with some kind of Dark Phoenix reputation.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was thinking about the Dark Phoenix comparison

Especially since the D'Bari, Jean's victims, are usually referred to as Broccoli or Celery people.

I guess Dorrek wants to wipe out the Cotati so definitively that they can't propogate as seeds?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    The ceasefire is a good thing, right? It shows he's trying to de-escalate tensions.

As for the Skrulls blowing up suns... I hope it's just an exaggeration and it's not one of those things that result in billions of people dying, honestly. I really don't want Teddy to be tainted with some kind of Dark Phoenix reputation.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    we know not all the kree have joined teddy so maybe not all the skrulls joined him . It wouldnt make sense use one half of his empyre to de escalate tensions and the other half to create conflict.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    He's re-routing resources so that they don't have to fight a war on two fronts

The Cotati are the imminent threat
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I don't know what exactly is the plan there, but I just hope that whatever they do, Teddy won't support a complete genocide. Whoever turns out to be their enemy, I trust that he will have enough common sense to realize he shouldn't judge an entire race based on the action of some, even if they're a large group. I mean, as someone who is both Kree and Skrull, he should know this better than anyone, as both of his own races have had their share of bloodshed. The fact that Teddy has humanity is what separates him from previous Kree and Skrull leaders, and I don't see the point of making him the leader of a new status quo if he's just going to behave the same as everyone who came before him. It's character assassination for no reason at all.

I don't know what exactly is the plan there, but I just hope that whatever they do, Teddy won't support a complete genocide. Whoever turns out to be their enemy, I trust that he will have enough common sense to realize he shouldn't judge an entire race based on the action of some, even if they're a large group. I mean, as someone who is both Kree and Skrull, he should know this better than anyone, as both of his own races have had their share of bloodshed. The fact that Teddy has humanity is what separates him from previous Kree and Skrull leaders, and I don't see the point of making him the leader of a new status quo if he's just going to behave the same as everyone who came before him. It's character assassination for no reason at all.
    Sometimes people needs to be exterminated it is what it is I wouldn't call it character assassination! It's like Cancer all the cells need to die for the betterment of the whole!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Sometimes people needs to be exterminated it is what it is I wouldn't call it character assassination! It's like Cancer all the cells need to die for the betterment of the whole!
    ...Jesus lol.

Okay someone pointed out to me that it's a reference to last year's Guardians of the Galaxy annual where a group of hardline Skrulls blew up the sun in the Kral system while Nova was trying to save them

Nova was speculating that these Skrulls were ignoring Emperor Kl'rt

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yikes, brah. You need a hug?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Nah I'm good fam.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    He doesn't want you to hug him, he wants you to die for the betterment of the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He doesn't want you to hug him, he wants you to die for the betterment of the whole.
    That depends is he a dumbass Republican? Lol

https://www.newsarama.com/48673-lord...ulkling-1.html

So Teddy's getting his own one shot

They better not screw up things with him and Billy just for this dumb event...

Writer is Chip Zdarsky. He's good, I trust him not to screw up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And Anthony Oliveira.

Solicit:
    "LORDS OF EMPYRE: EMPEROR HULKLING #1
    CHIP ZDARSKY & ANTHONY OLIVEIRA (W) • MANUEL GARCIA (A) • COVER BY PAT GLEASON
    DESTINY FULFILLED!
    The child of the Kree hero Mar-Vell and Skrull Princess Anelle, Dorrek VIII — known on Earth as “Teddy” — has spent years evading the clutches of both bloodthirsty empires. But now fate has caught up to him. The Kree and Skrull worlds are aligned — and only a man born of both can lead them. But what has led Hulkling to abandon Earth and the Avengers he’s fought beside? And what will become of his fiancé, the hero Wiccan? Star writers Chip Zdarsky and Anthony Oliveira team up with artist Manual Garcia for a can’t-miss one-shot!"

https://www.newsarama.com/48673-lord...ulkling-1.html

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was wondering if Teddy would get his own book as a result of Empyre, and even though I was hoping for at least a mini, I'll settle for a one-shot. Hopefully this can lead to some other Teddy-led book. I really love the concept of exploring his history from origin to where he is right now. It's pretty much what Teddy fans have been asking for forever. I just wish they would be taking this opportunity to actually promote him with a new codename and a complete makeover. Emperor Hulkling just... doesn't really do it for me.

Anyone wondering why the main title is Lords Of Empyre, as in plural? Is this going to be a series of one-shots, perhaps exploring other cosmic lords? 'Cause I don't really see the point of naming it like that if it's just a one-shot for one character.

Also, curious to see how Billy will fit into this. I'm not worried about Wiccling being screwed over, 'cause I think they put Anthony Oliveira (the same writer from their mini story on WOTR: War Scrolls) on this specifically because of his passion for the couple. I don't think he would do anything that would permanently damage them as a couple. I'm not sure if Chip has ever written Billy and Teddy before or how he feels about them as a couple, but he doesn't strike me as the type who would do something stupid either. I'm expecting some drama, but in the same way that Gillen's Young Avengers had drama, only to make them stronger at the end. It's the kind of romantic trope that straight couples go through all the time, so I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing.