Page 110 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I have always wanted to see those two in that classic 'Jean and Scott on the moon' pose, so this is awesome.
    Yes for whatever reason that imagery is so provocative. I love it. I love seeing any and all of my favorite couples in said posing.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I dread Billy and Tommy's mainstream debut I just know not everyone will be pleased for one reason or another I hope to God the poor young actors are treated respectfully. I also know that they'll at the least get more comic appearances if people love them so win lose stitch for sure.
    I've made my peace with the all of the bad things that could come from the characters being more popular. Regardless of what happens, I'm just looking forward to the day where we won't have to beg Marvel for content of our faves anymore and they'll just... give it to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    GUYSSSSSSSSSS RED ALERT, BILLYTEDDY HONEYMOON KiB TIE IN AHHHHHH

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...nd-hulkling-1/

The INSTANT serotonin boost, especially today of all days, this gave me. An issue all to themselves AND they have their own logo :,,,,,,)
    Ignoring my disappointment that they're just getting a one-shot once again instead of their own ongoing series that they absolutely deserve, I am glad that they are giving them something during KIB. Not because I care about the event, but because it's a good sign that Marvel wants to keep them in the readers' radar during the next big event. My main fear after Empyre is that they would return to the sidelines of the Marvel Universe, so it's nice to see them having their own title so soon.

I would've rather Anthony Oliveira writing them again, but I'm ok with Tini Howard. I just hope the book feels more like Death's Head than Strikeforce, because I liked the former better. Either way, it's good to know there are writers out there that want to write them consistently. Now Luciano Vecchio on art has me VERY excited. I love his art, and I'm glad he'll get to draw them when he is such a big fan.

As for the story itself... I don't get why they're giving us their honeymoon five months after Empyre ends. It would make sense for this to come out as soon as possible, wouldn't it? Unless something happens in this story that is a tie-in for some other book in February, which could HOPEFULLY mean this one-shot is leading to more content for the boys. I also wonder how this ties in to the end of Empyre Aftermath. Billy and Teddy happily going to their honeymoon has to mean this takes place before that tragic ending, right? So I wonder if this book will show us how **** went down.

Also, why would the Shi'ar want to give them a fancy, all-expenses paid vacation? Cosmic politics? Or maybe Tini trying to create a connection to the X-titles?

PS.: I love that they are still using their logos from the Young Avengers Presents anthology.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-03-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Sunspot now lives on the Shi'ar homeplanet too so maybe it could be something related to him

Fantastic Member

Could also be the Kree-Skrull Alliance trying to have the Shi’ar as allies

https://twitter.com/itsjustanx/statu...97983712497664

This tweet made me realize that this is how Billy's powers could look like in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Sunspot now lives on the Shi'ar homeplanet too so maybe it could be something related to him
    Ohhh, that's actually a pretty good guess. Roberto still seems to be friendly with them (he attended their wedding), and we know he likes to give expensive gifts, so I could see him being behind something like this.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://twitter.com/itsjustanx/statu...97983712497664

This tweet made me realize that this is how Billy's powers could look like in the MCU.

Ohhh, that's actually a pretty good guess. Roberto still seems to be friendly with them (he attended their wedding), and we know he likes to give expensive gifts, so I could see him being behind something like this.
    That's sorta what I pictured, but, instead of Billy doing those weird hand movements that Wanda and Strange do, I was thinking that maybe the more he repeats what he wants to happen, the more powerful the blue energy gets? Also, on that note, how would his phrase repeating work out on screen? Like would he just say it really fast over and over, or would there be like an echo effect, like he says it once, but it'd be a layered vocal.

Also, that was my first thought. Maybe Roberto got the Shi'ar to invite them, and they'll end up having to fight alongside them against the symbiote. Hopefull Tini does some love=power shenanigans (like Billy being more powerful after marrying Teddy) instead of nerfing Billy so we could get a cool couple fight scene out of this

Amazing Member

I wonder if this is an apology from Marvel to her for canceling the last issue of Strikeforce.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    I wonder if this is an apology from Marvel to her for canceling the last issue of Strikeforce.
    You'd think they'd give that apology to someone without a book rn lol. I would've loved to see Steve Orlando get it considering the gig he had before with Midnighter and Apollo, given Darkhold's limbo state rn. Would've been a match made in heaven, two queer creators working on a book with Marvel's premiere gay couple

That's sorta what I pictured, but, instead of Billy doing those weird hand movements that Wanda and Strange do, I was thinking that maybe the more he repeats what he wants to happen, the more powerful the blue energy gets? Also, on that note, how would his phrase repeating work out on screen? Like would he just say it really fast over and over, or would there be like an echo effect, like he says it once, but it'd be a layered vocal.

Also, that was my first thought. Maybe Roberto got the Shi'ar to invite them, and they'll end up having to fight alongside them against the symbiote. Hopefull Tini does some love=power shenanigans (like Billy being more powerful after marrying Teddy) instead of nerfing Billy so we could get a cool couple fight scene out of this
    I would like an echo effect like how they did in Maleficent

Also Tini always had to nerf Billy due to writing a team book a one shot provides less restrictions like our boy is royalty, wizard and a God let him flex!
    Last edited by Journey; 11-03-2020 at 05:11 PM.

I would like an echo effect like how they did in Maleficent
    I feel like if done right, it'll be such an amazing thing to see on screen. Gets me hyped and I hope we get to see the twins (and Teddy if he is in WV) get at least one fight scene

In order how would y'all scale the power for the YA like strongest to largest not physical strength but most dangerous/potential?

In order how would y'all scale the power for the YA like strongest to largest not physical strength but most dangerous/potential?
    hmmm... I would rank them in terms of potential/power as Billy>Loki>America>Tommy (If we base it on him also being a reality warper like Ewing hinted at in New Avenergs)>Nate (I'll say future tech gives him an advantage)>Jonas>Tommy (taking him as is)>Noh>Teddy>Cassie>Eli>David>Kate

Billy > America > Jonas = Nate > Tommy > Teddy with Excelsior > Cassie > David > Noh-Varr = Eli = Kate

Ultimate Member

Also, on that note, how would his phrase repeating work out on screen? Like would he just say it really fast over and over, or would there be like an echo effect, like he says it once, but it'd be a layered vocal.
    That would be super-cool, if it sounded like we could hear faint echoes of many other Billy's through the multiverse repeating his words.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    Maybe? Other writers that got their books cancelled after the pandemic got a chance to continue their stories with KIB tie-ins, after all. But the difference is that Tini doesn't really needed to continue her story because they allowed her to write a proper ending for the book, unlike the other writers. I think what's more likely is that she simply asked to write more of them, and they let her.

You'd think they'd give that apology to someone without a book rn lol. I would've loved to see Steve Orlando get it considering the gig he had before with Midnighter and Apollo, given Darkhold's limbo state rn. Would've been a match made in heaven, two queer creators working on a book with Marvel's premiere gay couple
    Tini is queer too, so you still get that. But yeah, it would be nice if they gave Steve Orlando something to do while his Darkhold book is on hold. Not gonna lie, I kinda got my hopes up when he posted that cover of Avengers: The Children's Crusade on his Twitter. I could see him being the next Young Avengers writer, if Marvel is looking for an established name for the book.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-03-2020 at 10:34 PM.