Page 22 of 131 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Kl'rt with the Invisible stretchy hand wound around Mar-Vell is so cool

You see the flaming rock fist all the time, but not being to see a stretchy arm snaking around you would be terrifying

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I wouldn't mind if Fuse and Alloy came along for the ride. As new characters go, they were pretty cool.

Then again, the team's already pretty big, and some, like Eli and Tommy, sometimes feel like they get lost in the crowd. (Indeed, it's great that Teddy is getting the big story, instead of Billy, this time around!)
    Of course if YA did come back during Empyre (as part of Outlawed?), it's likely that Wiccan and definitely Hulkling would be off the team, so that would free up two roster spots for Fuse and Alloy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Of course if YA did come back during Empyre (as part of Outlawed?), it's likely that Wiccan and definitely Hulkling would be off the team, so that would free up two roster spots for Fuse and Alloy.
    Billy, Teddy, and Kate are the core 3 members of of the YA without them it wouldn't be the same.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Billy, Teddy, and Kate are the core 3 members of of the YA without them it wouldn't be the same.
    Agreed. I'd want Cassie, Tommy and Eli as well, in descending order of importance, and America and maybe Noh-Varr, as well, so adding Johnny and Ramone could make it a pretty unwieldy group of ten!

I'm sick of Kate and Noh Varr, they can drive off a cliff

Fuse is cool though

Billy, Teddy, Noh Varr, and whoever else. That's who I care for.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    For me, its not the YOUNG AVENGERS without Kate, Eli or Cassie those are the three I need.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I mean, the set up for a Young Avengers reunion was right there on Marvel Comics #1000. I find it hard to believe Marvel would not use that team as the core for a new book.

Anyway, going back to Empyre thirst. Sir Jamie McKelvie has a variant! We love to see the manspreading! I didn't recognize this was his art at first, though. His King Teddy has a different vibe from his volume 2 Teddy, for some reason....

Also, look at that throne! So freaking luxurious. Which just made me have a thought: I wonder if Teddy's rich now... Like, does he get paid for being king? How does the economic system of this new empire work? I would love to know more about it.

Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-28-2020 at 04:39 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Anyway, going back to Empyre thirst. Sir Jamie McKelvie has a variant! We love to see the manspreading! I didn't recognize this was his art at first, though. His King Teddy has a different vibe from his volume 2 Teddy, for some reason....

Wow. Very King Conan-vibe, there, complete with the broody 'Ramsay-Bolton-is-not-amused' look, and the 'I hate this job' slouch. Just needs a couple of scantily clad accessory-people arrayed around the shins. Or a space-tiger on a leash, for more of an Emperor Ming look (and to avoid pissing off the Demiurge boyfriend...).

Sit up straight young!..., um your highness?

How old are Billy and Teddy supposed to be now? 17? 18?

According to Runaways, they should be two years older than when they debuted, since the YAs debuted around the same time they did and supposedly only two years have passed since Runaways volume 1. If you average out the timeline from Fantastic Four #1 in 1961 to now to a 4 years in reality to 1 in the comics ratio, then it would be more like four years. Either way, they're no older than 20.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    According to Runaways, they should be two years older than when they debuted, since the YAs debuted around the same time they did and supposedly only two years have passed since Runaways volume 1. If you average out the timeline from Fantastic Four #1 in 1961 to now to a 4 years in reality to 1 in the comics ratio, then it would be more like four years. Either way, they're no older than 20.
    If every 4 years was 1 year, that would make Johnny Storm and Peter Parker at like 30! I'd say it is more of a 6:1 ratio.

I'd put them at about 17.
    Last edited by Storm17; 02-28-2020 at 07:35 AM.

I mean, the set up for a Young Avengers reunion was right there on Marvel Comics #1000. I find it hard to believe Marvel would not use that team as the core for a new book.

Also, look at that throne! So freaking luxurious. Which just made me have a thought: I wonder if Teddy's rich now... Like, does he get paid for being king? How does the economic system of this new empire work? I would love to know more about it.

Well in ancient times the crown was paid through taxes like the current government. So his people probably pay taxes!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Sit up straight young!..., um your highness?
    There's this meme about how gay people don't know how to sit properly. Teddy's just living up to it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    How old are Billy and Teddy supposed to be now? 17? 18?
    Anthony Oliveira tweeted about this the other day, implying they are apparently old enough to drink in NYC (probably referencing his War Scrolls story in which we saw Billy drinking a mimosa), which would make them at least 21. But unless he specifically states that in a story, I wouldn't say it's necessarily a confirmation. Billy is a reality warper, so he could trick anyone into thinking he's older than he is.

I guess Outlawed MIGHT give us a hint at how old they're supposed to be. We don't know if the YA will actually be involved there, but Speed appeared in a promotional image, so if his age is described there, then I guess that gives us a clue of how old Billy and Teddy are supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    If every 4 years was 1 year, that would make Johnny Storm and Peter Parker at like 30! I'd say it is more of a 6:1 ratio.

I'd put them at about 17.
    The 4:1 ratio was established by Marvel itself. It's the ''official rule'', but they don't always follow it, so it's hard to tell exactly how old characters are supposed to be. Sometimes it's whatever they decide at the moment...

I will say that I definitely don't think Billy and Teddy are minors, specially when Kate has been established to be of age. According to the official rule, they would be like 19/20, but who knows if Marvel will consider that.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-28-2020 at 01:27 PM.

There's this meme about how gay people don't know how to sit properly. Teddy's just living up to it. :P

Anthony Oliveira tweeted about this the other day, implying they are apparently old enough to drink in NYC (probably referencing his War Scrolls story in which we saw Billy drinking a mimosa), which would make them at least 21. But unless he specifically states that in a story, I wouldn't say it's necessarily a confirmation. Billy is a reality warper, so he could trick anyone into thinking he's older than he is.

I guess Outlawed MIGHT give us a hint at how old they're supposed to be. We don't know if the YA will actually be involved there, but Speed appeared in a promotional image, so if he's age is described there, then I guess that gives us an idea of how old Billy and Teddy are supposed to be.

The 4:1 ratio was established by Marvel itself. It's the ''official rule'', but they don't always follow it, so it's hard to tell exactly how old characters are supposed to be. Sometimes it's whatever they decide at the moment...

I will say that I definitely don't think Billy and Teddy are minors, specially when Kate has been established to be of age. According to the official rule, they would be like 19/20, but who knows if Marvel will consider that.
    If Kate is still 21 they shouldn't be older than 19 themselves just the facts.