Page 80 of 131 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1963
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I know they're probably gonna make Reed and Tony the saviors because they've been all but worthless this entire event but just pointing out Billy is there if the sun is really about to blow the **** up now would probably be a good time to go Demiurge, or at least Semiurge. Just saying he could really fix this whole problem in seconds.
    If Teddy isn't a key player in saving the day in his own effing event, Imma riot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If Teddy isn't a key player in saving the day in his own effing event, Imma riot.
    For the sun bit I doubt it I mean what are we expecting him to do. He will be the one to end the conflict though of the war.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Isn't it about time that he stops with the chanting and we see what eh wants in thought bubbles instead??
    Using words to warp reality has sort of become a staple of his powerset, so I don't think they would, or should, remove it completely. At best, he'll learn some tricks without saying any words or will need to say fewer words for more basic spells, but the chanting will be there for everything else.

I know they're probably gonna make Reed and Tony the saviors because they've been all but worthless this entire event but just pointing out Billy is there if the sun is really about to blow the **** up now would probably be a good time to go Demiurge, or at least Semiurge. Just saying he could really fix this whole problem in seconds.
    There are technically three problems to be solved. There's the Pyre thing, but there's also the invasion of the Cotati on Earth AND R'Klll trying to start another dictatorship on space. So I think there will be plenty ''savior'' time to share in the final issue. Hopefully it'll be a joint effort among as many heroes as possible.

Amazing Member

The real question is, what is Tony’s “sorry for not believing you and also making the Cotati more powerful and also breaking your entire fleet” wedding gift to Billy and Teddy going to be? He’s been trying to figure out how to fix the problem he created and make things right the whole event. He should at least get them a card.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    The real question is, what is Tony’s “sorry for not believing you and also making the Cotati more powerful and also breaking your entire fleet” wedding gift to Billy and Teddy going to be? He’s been trying to figure out how to fix the problem he created and make things right the whole event. He should at least get them a card.
    At this point, Tony should just print out cards good for one free 'Go Away Tony' and hand them out to the other heroes he's screwed over between this, Registration, etc. When he gets all Tony and starts jumping to conclusions and making things worse, someone can just bust out a card and send him to the cornfield for awhile, so he can't botch this current event.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

He's gonna pay for their entire wedding reception, in addition to salaries for each one of the Young Avengers so they can act as an official branch of the Avengers. Cap made them honorary Avengers, but now Tony will actually give them all of the benefits of being Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Uncle Tony better OPEN HIS PURSE!

Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-13-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Scream it and mean it.
    SAAAAAAME!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Using words to warp reality has sort of become a staple of his powerset, so I don't think they would, or should, remove it completely. At best, he'll learn some tricks without saying any words or will need to say fewer words for more basic spells, but the chanting will be there for everything else.
    I find it charming and sets him apart from other magic users -- like Zatanna in DC speaking in reverse.
    When Billy casts, I imagine the words echo/reverberate and overlap to the point of eventually being difficult to discern what's being said -- making it that much more ooky spooky magic speaky. haha
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-13-2020 at 05:08 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Scream it and mean it.
    SAAAAAAME!

I find it charming and sets him apart from other magic users -- like Zatanna in DC speaking in reverse.
    When Billy casts, I imagine the words echo/reverberate and overlap to the point of eventually being difficult to discern what's being said -- making it that much more ooky spooky magic speaky. haha
    I like it too, it’s always kind of been his thing, and it’s the way Teddy helped him discover how to use his powers. I imagine it still coming out like the calm visualization like from a self help book, especially with his acknowledged anxiety and depression.

I like it too, it’s always kind of been his thing, and it’s the way Teddy helped him discover how to use his powers. I imagine it still coming out like the calm visualization like from a self help book, especially with his acknowledged anxiety and depression.
    I also liked when Zeb Wells(?) added, during the Civil War mini with the Runaways, that Billy needed to hear himself. I enjoy limitations and impediments. I don't know if that's still a thing though. It added to the concept of "words have power" to me, magically speaking.
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-13-2020 at 05:27 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I also liked when Zeb Wells(?) added, during the Civil War mini with the Runaways, that Billy needed to hear himself. I enjoy limitations and impediments. I don't know if that's still a thing though. It added to the concept of "words have power" to me, magically speaking.
    B62CE5C7-3C87-48A4-AF30-066ED11A54BE.jpg
    That reminds me, our boy kept his promise, he just didnt need to chant it this time.

B62CE5C7-3C87-48A4-AF30-066ED11A54BE.jpg
    That reminds me, our boy kept his promise, he just didnt need to chant it this time.
    Uggghhhh!!! <hugs self>
    Our precious boys defining love at the tender age of some-teen years old. haha.

Also, this reminds me (not that I needed it) how badly I would have loved to see Xavin in Empyre and how much I miss them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Personally...I think they should be evolving it...from chanting repeatedly to thinking repeatedly to just thinking it once and it happens. Basically showing his is gaining more control over his powers.

For example if he wanted to start a fire in a fireplace or a campfire he would just think once 'fire' and star or point at the site he wanted the fire to start.

As far as Billy and Teddy being married...not to be "that guy"...but how long will it last? I was talking to my comic shop guy when I went to get my weekly fix and we started talking about how many marriages have actually lasted. Reed and Sue of course, Medusa and Black Bolt, Luke and Jess, and most recently Rogue and Gambit got hitched. Then Pete and MJ, Hank and Jan, Clint and Bobbi, etc....Marvel's track record of successful marriages is not that great.

Just imagine the outrage when a writer comes along and breaks them up....because reasons....
    Last edited by Chris0013; 08-13-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Personally...I think they should be evolving it...from chanting repeatedly to thinking repeatedly to just thinking it once and it happens. Basically showing his is gaining more control over his powers.

For example if he wanted to start a fire in a fireplace or a campfire he would just think once 'fire' and star or point at the site he wanted the fire to start.

As far as Billy and Teddy being married...not to be "that guy"...but how long will it last? I was talking to my comic shop guy when I went to get my weekly fix and we started talking about how many marriages have actually lasted. Reed and Sue of course, Medusa and Black Bolt, Luke and Jess, and most recently Rogue and Gambit got hitched. Then Pete and MJ, Hank and Jan, Clint and Bobbi, etc....Marvel's track record of successful marriages is not that great.

Just imagine the outrage when a writer comes along and breaks them up....because reasons....
    In New Avengers Billy only needed to use one sentence towards the end of the run. And he can use certain powers without the speaking aspect such as flight and sometimes teleporting. His powers are wishy washy fitting with his personality. I'm more curious as to why his powers are being addressed as "spells" and "magic" considering Ewing was the one who doubled down by saying what Billy does is not magic that kind of just stuck out to me since he's continuity king.

No writer has the balls to break up Marvel's most well known powerful gay couple. Though it's only a matter of time before some jackass writer uses Billy as a plot device has him go insane or some **** and pull a Wanda just to kill him off with an eventual resurrection.... I've been dreading it for years I know it's coming. Teddy will be fine though.
    Last edited by Journey; 08-13-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Amazing Member

In New Avengers Billy only needed to use one sentence towards the end of the run. And he can use certain powers without the speaking aspect such as flight and sometimes teleporting. His powers are wishy washy fitting with his personality. I'm more curious as to why his powers are being addressed as "spells" and "magic" considering Ewing was the one who doubled down by saying what Billy does is not magic that kind of just stuck out to me since he's continuity king.

No writer has the balls to break up Marvel's most well known powerful gay couple. Though it's only a matter of time before some jackass writer uses Billy as a plot device has him go insane or some **** and pull a Wanda just to kill him off with an eventual resurrection.... I've been dreading it for years I know it's coming. Teddy will be fine though.
    Ewing sort of did this with the Mor-I-Dun possession storyline, but Teddy woke up the Billy inside Billy. He was also always on his side during Children’s Crusade when the Avengers were thinking he would pull a Wanda some day. Their togetherness is basically part of their power set, like Caps shield, Iron Man’s suits, or any of the Thors with a hammer.