Page 113 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1963
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It would make the most sense for his hair to be dark brown. Like AOU Wanda, since that was her natural color. I wouldn't mind it really.

Just remember that there's the chance of them being redheads, considering Wanda's current hair and that the original twins looked like this in the comics:

Dark brown is nothing to get mad about compared to that lol.

I'm also expecting Tommy to not have the white hair, at least not at first. I like the idea of his hair going white when his power awakens/starts growing.
    I was just thinking about the fake figures and how the person clearly tried to make them look like their superhero comic book counterparts, so I think black would've been a better fit. But yeah, I'm not going to be shocked if MCU Billy (even when he is Wiccan) has brown hair. Hollywood tends to see black and brown hair as interchangeable. I mean, they didn't even bother to let Cassie be blonde, so I'm not expecting them to care about Billy or Kate having black hair. I really hope they at least let Teddy be blonde, because I want them to keep the contrast between him and Billy.

As for the twins in the comics, I'm not so sure if they were really supposed to be ginger or if it was just the weird coloring of the time. Using an auburn color to portray brunettes was something that happened a lot in older comics, and there are several examples of them doing that with Wanda. We see less of that today, and whenever there is a flashback of the original twins, they're always portrayed with brown hair (like in Tom King's The Vision), so I think they were really supposed to be brunette just like Wanda. I find it unlikely that they are going to be gingers in the show, but you never know. Stranger things have happened...

Anyway, I have to remind myself to try and not obsess too much over their portrayal on WandaVision because we still don't know if these versions of the characters are the ones that are going to stick around in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I was just thinking about the fake figures and how the person clearly tried to make them look like their superhero comic book counterparts, so I think black would've been a better fit. But yeah, I'm not going to be shocked if MCU Billy (even when he is Wiccan) has brown hair. Hollywood tends to see black and brown hair as interchangeable. I mean, they didn't even bother to let Cassie be blonde, so I'm not expecting them to care about Billy or Kate having black hair. I really hope they at least let Teddy be blonde, because I want them to keep the contrast between him and Billy.

As for the twins in the comics, I'm not so sure if they were really supposed to be ginger or if it was just the weird coloring of the time. Using an auburn color to portray brunettes was something that happened a lot in older comics, and there are several examples of them doing that with Wanda. We see less of that today, and whenever there is a flashback of the original twins, they're always portrayed with brown hair (like in Tom King's The Vision), so I think they were really supposed to be brunette just like Wanda. I find it unlikely that they are going to be gingers in the show, but you never know. Stranger things have happened...

Anyway, I have to remind myself to try and not obsess too much over their portrayal on WandaVision because we still don't know if these versions of the characters are the ones that are going to stick around in the MCU.
    Yeah idk why they made it brown on the funko. I have the impression Billy ends up getting his hair colored brown some times, but looking it up the only example I found was the Avengers Academy game lol(and a few times by McKelvie where it's more like just the lightning). I'm also more worried about Teddy. The number of blondes who just have brown hair in the movies is worrying, the most recent one being Ikaris. That's why I'm hoping they get an actually blonde actor to play him(yeah, still rooting for that fancast I posted a while ago lol).

I think it's more that Wanda(and therefore the twins) was actually supposed to have auburn hair rather than brown. I feel like it was only after the 2000's/late 90's that straight up brown became the norm. Sometimes it did get very red though, yeah.

Yeah idk why they made it brown on the funko. I have the impression Billy ends up getting his hair colored brown some times, but looking it up the only example I found was the Avengers Academy game lol(and a few times by McKelvie where it's more like just the lightning). I'm also more worried about Teddy. The number of blondes who just have brown hair in the movies is worrying, the most recent one being Ikaris. That's why I'm hoping they get an actually blonde actor to play him(yeah, still rooting for that fancast I posted a while ago lol).
    Yeah, there are a lot of characters with light hair colors that get their hair darkened in live action adaptions. For all the dudebros complaints about black people replacing ginger people, I can think of just as much brunette white actors who played blonde/ginger characters without dyeing their hair. Hollywood just doesn't seem to care about getting hair colors right that much, which I get because at the end of the day it doesn't really change the characters' stories, but for people who are into aesthetic appeal, it can be a tad frustrating. Different hair colors make for more dynamic designs in the eyes of many people, which is probably why the comics have such an unrealistic number of ginger people in it when IRL they're only like 1% of the population. If MCU Teddy is not blonde, then I'm pretty sure the entire team will be just brunette people, and that will be just... weird to me.

It would make the most sense for his hair to be dark brown. Like AOU Wanda, since that was her natural color. I wouldn't mind it really.

Just remember that there's the chance of them being redheads, considering Wanda's current hair and that the original twins looked like this in the comics:

Dark brown is nothing to get mad about compared to that lol.

I'm also expecting Tommy to not have the white hair, at least not at first. I like the idea of his hair going white when his power awakens/starts growing.
    Please don't use images from Fandom/Wikia, they no longer show up since they changed their software recently. They've probably blocked hotlinking.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This doesn't really have anything to do with YA but just gonna say today's F4 confirmed the false god Franklin was never a mutant. So say Billy finally gets confirmed one he's without a doubt omega level and easily steals the position as most powerful mutant ever love that for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This doesn't really have anything to do with YA but just gonna say today's F4 confirmed the false god Franklin was never a mutant. So say Billy finally gets confirmed one he's without a doubt omega level and easily steals the position as most powerful mutant ever love that for him.
    omg I have this whole little mini story swirling in my head involving David bringing Tommy & Billy to Krakoa and all the DRAMA that would inevitably ensue with all the "Pretender!!!" outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    omg I have this whole little mini story swirling in my head involving David bringing Tommy & Billy to Krakoa and all the DRAMA that would inevitably ensue with all the "Pretender!!!" outrage.
    They'd all be sick Exodus and his child cult would be quaking and found scalped later in the day ugh their power!!!!

They'd all be sick Exodus and his child cult would be quaking and found scalped later in the day ugh their power!!!!
    Post Krakao Quire feels like the most likely to start a ruckus, pointing aggressively and demanding they be forced out of Krakoa, but I see David readily arguing "They PASSED THROUGH" legitimizing their mutant claim, and then because I love her so much and she's recently "re born" and had previously experienced "mutant rejection" I would love to see Sofia (Wind Dancer) also speak up on behalf of the boys, arguing that "none of us are our parents and we should not be judged as such. You of all people should understand that Quentin."

Post Krakao Quire feels like the most likely to start a ruckus, pointing aggressively and demanding they be forced out of Krakoa, but I see David readily arguing "They PASSED THROUGH" legitimizing their mutant claim, and then because I love her so much and she's recently "re born" and had previously experienced "mutant rejection" I would love to see Sofia (Wind Dancer) also speak up on behalf of the boys, arguing that "none of us are our parents and we should not be judged as such. You of all people should understand that Quentin."
    And if all else fails Billy could wreck "dies everytime he leaves the island Quire" on his worst day. Also if they even touched him a Kree/Skrull Armada awaits!

And if all else fails Billy could wreck "dies everytime he leaves the island Quire" on his worst day. Also if they even touched him a Kree/Skrull Armada awaits!
    I'd like to think that several mutants, like Hellion for example would simply tell them "Oh, ignore bitch Quire. He's a bitch."

I'd like to think that several mutants, like Hellion for example would simply tell them "Oh, ignore bitch Quire. He's a bitch."
    This is also true

Krakoans: Wanda commited GENOCIDE!!! You can't excuse that!!!

Billy: Everyone makes mistakes Cancel culture is so toxic

I'd say the fact that Franklin is not a mutant makes it even less likely that Billy is, because Franklin's mutant status was WAY more established and acknowledged than Billy's EVER was. So if Marvel is ok with taking that away from him, I really don't see why they would bother with Billy when he has virtually no mutant history.

It's not like he's missing out on much anyway, because this whole thing with Franklin just makes Krakoa look really fucking bad. So the innocent kid can't be there because he has a fake X-Gene, but former nazi Mister Sinister who ALSO has a fake X-Gene is not only allowed, but given a position of power? Add that to how Wanda is also demonized and called a ''Pretender'' for not being a real mutant, and you suddenly start to realize that there is some purist, selective **** going on in that island. Although, granted, this wasn't written by an X-writer, so maybe it's not totally on them. Or maybe it is, because Hickman was the first one who made a big deal about Franklin being a mutant and being needed on Krakoa, and since he is the guy that calls the shots on all things mutant, I'm not totally convinced Slott would be able to get away with this retcon if Hickman wasn't on board with it. Anyway, it's a whole mess and Billy might be better off without it.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-18-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'd say the fact that Franklin is not a mutant makes it even less likely that Billy is, because Franklin's mutant status was WAY more established and acknowledged than Billy's EVER was. So if Marvel is ok with taking that away from him, I really don't see why they would bother with Billy when he has virtually no mutant history.

It's not like he's missing out on much anyway, because this whole thing with Franklin just makes Krakoa look really fucking bad. So the innocent kid can't be there because he has a fake X-Gene, but former nazi Mister Sinister who ALSO has a fake X-Gene is not only allowed, but given a position of power? Add that to how Wanda is also demonized and called a ''Pretender'' for not being a real mutant, and you suddenly start to realize that there is some purist, selective **** going on in that island. Although, granted, this wasn't written by an X-writer, so maybe it's not totally on them. Or maybe it is, because Hickman was the first one who made a big deal about Franklin being a mutant and being needed on Krakoa, and since he is the guy that calls the shots on all things mutant, I'm not totally convinced Slott would be able to get away with this retcon if Hickman wasn't on board with it. Anyway, it's a whole mess and Billy might be better off without it.
    Billy being a mutant and having the ability to do what he pleases on Krakoa is the type of drama I live for he doesn't need it by any means but I still live for it.

Billy being a mutant and having the ability to do what he pleases on Krakoa is the type of drama I live for he doesn't need it by any means but I still live for it.
    I mean, the drama could be juicy, I'm not denying that, but I just don't feel like the X-Office is invested in Billy (much less Tommy) as a character for me to care. They've had plenty of opportunity to use him in their stories in the last 15 years, but never did. So I don't see what changed now that would suddenly make them give him a satisfying role there. So they give him a drama for one issue, and then what? 'Cause that's what matters to me. I don't want him to just be a footnote or plot point in other people's books, I want him to be the star of his own books, specially after Empyre. And I just don't think we're getting that from X-Men, because they have other priorities.