Page 115 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1963

I just wanna get married like Billy and Teddy

Gay depression

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm glad they remembered she is also a swordswoman! And it looks like her teleportation skill is really tech; quantum tech to be more specific. I'm not into the idea of a super-powered Kate, but I guess they added that to make her more dynamic in the game and possibly set her apart from Clint. And the gameplay looks cool, so whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I think the KiB one shot was mistakenly announced as February. Here they announce it as a February release:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...nd-hulkling-1/

But in the marvel article, it says March:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...and-hulkling-1

I think there must've been a mix up with the dates, because most of the other articles I'm looking up say March.
    Ugh, I didn't even notice that. I was already getting all excited for a February release.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-19-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The Magneto story was a rumor. Darkhold is just delayed. And was a result of Covid. They cut back and stopped some releases for a time, and it created a backlog.
    Yeah I meant the Magneto story. A rumor from where? Is there anything to back it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Yeah I meant the Magneto story. A rumor from where? Is there anything to back it up?
    I'm pretty sure it was a rumor from Bleeding Cool. Their rumors are 50/50, sometimes they're right, sometimes they're not (and yes, I'm still holding a grudge over that rumor from last year saying we were gonna get a new Young Avengers book).

Yep it was from Bleeding Cool.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was a rumor from Bleeding Cool. Their rumors are 50/50, sometimes they're right, sometimes they're not (and yes, I'm still holding a grudge over that rumor from last year saying we were gonna get a new Young Avengers book).
    And often the times they're wrong are just because plans changed. Like 5G. They posted about that well over a year ago. Future State matched the rumours, except for the fact that 5G wasn't meant to be a two month event, but instead, the new status quo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A lovely read! The evolving queerness of Young Avengers

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/11/19/qu...inberg-cheung/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm glad they remembered she is also a swordswoman! And it looks like her teleportation skill is really tech; quantum tech to be more specific. I'm not into the idea of a super-powered Kate, but I guess they added that to make her more dynamic in the game and possibly set her apart from Clint.
    I do kinda wish someone would touch on the fact that she took the Swordsman's sword, along with Hawkeye's bow, back in the day, and there are little buttons on the hilt that let it shoot paralyzing gas, flame, ice or electricity. She's been carrying around something full of Makluan tech from the Mandarin for ages, and apparently never bothered to click those four buttons...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I do kinda wish someone would touch on the fact that she took the Swordsman's sword, along with Hawkeye's bow, back in the day, and there are little buttons on the hilt that let it shoot paralyzing gas, flame, ice or electricity. She's been carrying around something full of Makluan tech from the Mandarin for ages, and apparently never bothered to click those four buttons...
    Do we know if she still has the sword, though? 'Cause I wasn't under the impression that she kept any of the gear she took from the Avengers Mansion that one time.

She definitely didn't. Wasn't all of their original gear confiscated?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    She had to give back those weapons, but when she started funding the team herself and got them new gear she bought herself her own bow and a pair of battle staves she never used.

I don't think she's used a sword since that time Kang humiliated her

So it was confirmed on the Empire interview about WandaVision that the show will go up to the 2000's sitcoms with a Modern Family/The Office inspired episode. The twins are toddlers in the 80's and kids in the 90's, so this pretty much confirms we'll actually see them as teens on the show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    She had to give back those weapons, but when she started funding the team herself and got them new gear she bought herself her own bow and a pair of battle staves she never used.

I don't think she's used a sword since that time Kang humiliated her
    Kate got herself a new sword when she got herself the new bow, costume, etc, at the end of vol.1 #6 and used it a few times--but not often. She's become so associated with the bow since taking on the "Hawkeye" name I think people--including some of the writers--have forgotten that Kate is experienced and trained with a sword. Its one way in which inheriting the "Hawkeye" name has done her a disservice; she was actually trained and skilled with a number of weapons but since becoming "Hawkeye" people only think of her as an archer now.

Extraordinary Member

Well technically so is Clint since he was trained by the original Swordsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So it was confirmed on the Empire interview about WandaVision that the show will go up to the 2000's sitcoms with a Modern Family/The Office inspired episode. The twins are toddlers in the 80's and kids in the 90's, so this pretty much confirms we'll actually see them as teens on the show.
    Teen angst + mockumentary format can make for some fun scenes. And I am, yet again, trying not to get too hopeful for more information on the twins coming from the Empire issue, because I just know I'm gonna get disappointed like with the EW story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Kate got herself a new sword when she got herself the new bow, costume, etc, at the end of vol.1 #6 and used it a few times--but not often. She's become so associated with the bow since taking on the "Hawkeye" name I think people--including some of the writers--have forgotten that Kate is experienced and trained with a sword. Its one way in which inheriting the "Hawkeye" name has done her a disservice; she was actually trained and skilled with a number of weapons but since becoming "Hawkeye" people only think of her as an archer now.
    I think it would be cool if Kate had some tech that shifts into different weapons (kinda like Jane Foster's current weapon as Valkyrie), so that would allow writers to easily explore her versatility without having to make her give up on any particular weapon at any particular time. I've always liked the alien energy bow she had in Gillen's Young Avengers, and I don't think it would be far-fetched if it was established that that bow can turn into an energy sword, staff, or stuff like that.