Page 106 of 131 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1963
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean they aren't gonna cast her at 14 and then in two years recast her with a 24 year old to play 16.

So is she going to look like Molly Hayes now next to the older Young Avengers?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Adding this to my previous post, since I was reminded while looking at the discourse on Twitter:

This is, as far as I know, the first and only time we see America self-identifying as something in terms of her skin color. When she mentions the girls who look like her, she says ''little brown girls'', not black. I think this is important to point out because this was the book that gave us a bigger insight on her cultural/ethnical background, and it was also written by a brown latina woman, so you can't even argue that it was ''white people trying to erase her blackness''. It's stuff like that that makes me believe Marvel doesn't see America as black representation, even if some fans do.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    This casting is lowkey making me dread not only who we get as the twins, but also what storylines they might get after WV. Like, god forbid I have to sit through early teen Billy getting Andi Mack'd and having some hokey-pokey Disney channel coming out storyline for Disney to pat themselves on the back for, especially since Teddy completes the whole nerd-jock romance trope that was in that show (the love interest of the gay character was even on the basketball team!) I just... I know stuff like that isn't for me, but I don't want to live through years of Billy going through that, especially when he was able to come out quick and move on to greener (hehe ;p) pastures in the comics.
    Oh, I definitely don't want them to sugarcoat the gay romance either. What gives me hope is that the Marvel shows seem more like The Mandalorian and less like High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, so fingers crossed we can get a more mature kind of teen show instead of the kidz bop kind of teen show.

As for the age of the actors, I'm not that worried because if we stop to think, we have two actresses of age playing Cassie and Kate (I'm assuming Hailee really got cast, but even if she didn't, it means they were considering someone over 18 for Kate), and it's just America that was cast weirdly young. I feel like, when it comes to the casting of the twins, it's more likely that their teen versions would be played by actors close to Emma's and Hailee's ages just because they are a part of the same generation of Young Avengers, you know? America is the wild card here, but maybe that's because she doesn't come onto the team until much later on, so maybe they didn't think they needed her to be that faithful to the comics at first.

Also, to refresh everyone's memory, here's the casting call that we got for WandaVision, that was allegedly for Hulkling: https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...t-wandavision/

Look at the age range: 16-23. I'm pretty sure that was the age range for Kate as well. That had to be the same age range for the older Minimoffs too, right? 'Cause if Billy and Teddy were cast on the same show, there is no way they would put too much of a gap between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is she going to look like Molly Hayes now next to the older Young Avengers?
    Pretty much. I remember I even made that comparison on this very thread.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-16-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
    It's been rumoured for a while that this film is casting America, and now they've cast a young Latina actress in an undisclosed role.
    Yeah and MCU rumors have gone crazy and been wrong enough times for me to not want to jump the gun on anything. And people we were certain were cast for the roles of She-Hulk and Kate Bishop deny involvement. People thought the X-Men would end up in Endgame, that Adam Warlock and Silver Surfer were gonna be shown, hell there were even rumors that the Netflix characters would be in the MCU. People dream up a lot of stuff, put it in theories and it gets passed around as fact.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The Netflix shows were originally supposed to be set in the MCU (doesn't the events of Avengers 1 get mentioned?)... I guess we'll have to see if Daredevil gets recast when the movies and Disney+ shows are allowed to use him (considering Jennifer's occupation, it would make sense for Matt to show up in She-Hulk). If he's still Charlie Cox, then they've probably accepted the writer's intent.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    A small few people are speculating that alternatively, she could be playing a character named Zelma Stanton. Haven't heard of her before, but I guess this offers another possibility. We shall see

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Zelma...on_(Earth-616)
    They were looking for a latina actress for a latina character from the comics,and Zelma Stanton is not latina,so it most likely not her.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    We know the Young Avengers are being set up though, so that + the Multiverse makes Chavez waaay more likely
    This seems more likely or another latino character from the comics we have not thought about yet.
    So far i think it's most likely chavez.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-17-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Looking and actually being are two different things. She also looks Mestiza/Native in a lot of artwork too...

I wanted to get back to this.
    I have never seen chavez drawn as black.
    The only look i seen in comics so far is a brown look and of course some native americans or mestizo native americans are brown looking,but most are not.

Some latinos are brown looking.
    I don't think chavez is a brown Mestiza however.
    I think she is a brown mulatto.

On her planet i have not seen any native american Asiatic looking types as well,but to be fair i have not seen any whites too.
    The only races i seen on her planet are browns and blacks but i seen her whites that live in her dimension but still no Asiatic types(native american or east asian for example).

If the actress is playing chavez then the mcu version of chavez would be a Asiatic looking latina and not a brown one.
    So the character would be race bend for the mcu but still latino.

Native americans come in all race types but most look Asiatic.
    For others I break it down here.
    THREAD: ARE ALL OF MARVEL’S LATINO CHARACTERS BLACK?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...aracters-Black
    Here
    THREAD: NATIVE AMERICANS/MESTIZOS/MÉTIS OF THE DCU!!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...he-DCU!!/page7
    and here.
    THREAD: JESSICA CRUZ: GREEN LANTERN APPRECIATION THREAD 2020
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ead-2020/page6
    Last edited by mace11; 10-17-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So we're getting announcements for January comic books releases this week, it seems. I'm ready to be clowned again, waiting for a Young Avengers announcement.

Well, what did I say? I'm just pissed at Marvel for giving us Empyre and then nothing for months, considering how the event ended. I wonder if the pandemic hadn't happened, we'd be getting whatever new book Billy and Teddy are supposed to be on earlier.

We definitely would. Empyre ended two months later than planned, so any follow up would logically also be a few months late.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, what did I say? I'm just pissed at Marvel for giving us Empyre and then nothing for months, considering how the event ended. I wonder if the pandemic hadn't happened, we'd be getting whatever new book Billy and Teddy are supposed to be on earlier.
    At least we're getting the Empyre Omnibus and its even coming out with a Hulkling and Wiccan cover

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    At least we're getting the Empyre Omnibus and its even coming out with a Hulkling and Wiccan cover
    What? Where? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    What? Where? What?
    It's not a new cover, it's just the Cheung cover

EMPYRE OMNIBUS HC CHEUNG HULKLING/WICCAN COVER (DM ONLY)
    1088 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92826-1
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

But it's clearly marketed towards Wickling fans and people only tuning in to the event because of the wedding, there's another printing with an Avengers/FF cover

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's not a new cover, it's just the Cheung cover

EMPYRE OMNIBUS HC CHEUNG HULKLING/WICCAN COVER (DM ONLY)
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92826-1

But it's clearly marketed towards Wickling fans and people only tuning in to the event because of the wedding, there's another printing with an Avengers/FF cover
    oh my.
    I wonder what it will include.

Also, wondering if Tini Howard was going to write (over in STrikeforce) the rescue mission we never got to actually see.

oh my.

Also, wondering if Tini Howard was going to write (over in STrikeforce) the rescue mission we never got to actually see.
    I'm still triggered important **** like that was left out but we got 3 issues of captain America fighting the plants with his canon fodder soldiers.... We were robbed!!

oh my.

The solicit for the regular cover with Avengers/FF says it includes basically everything

EMPYRE OMNIBUS HC CHEUNG AVENGERS/FANTASTIC FOUR COVER
    Written by AL EWING, DAN SLOTT, ROBBIE THOMPSON, JONATHAN HICKMAN, CHIP ZDARSKY, ANTHONY OLIVEIRA, ALEX PAKNADEL, GERRY DUGGAN, PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, JIM ZUB, KELLY THOMPSON, CLAY MCLEOD CHAPMAN & MORE
    Penciled by HUMBERTO RAMOS, MATTIA DE IULIS, JAVIER RODRÍGUEZ, PEPE LARRAZ, R.B. SILVA, VALERIO SCHITI, SEAN IZAAKSE, MATTEO BUFFAGNI, LUCAS WERNECK, ANDREA BROCCARDO, JORGE MOLINA, MANUEL GARCIA, ALEX LINS, THOMAS NACHLIK, GREG SMALLWOOD, ARIEL OLIVETTI, CARLOS MAGNO, LEINIL FRANCIS YU, PACO MEDINA, CORY SMITH, JON DAVIS-HUNT, GUIU VILANOVA, LAN MEDINA & MORE
    Covers by JIM CHEUNG
    The entire intergalactic event! When the long-warring Kree and Skrull races unite under a new emperor and set a course for Earth, the Avengers and the Fantastic Four stand in the way! But another alien race is working in the shadows, and soon the galaxy will face a far deadlier threat than its two most powerful empires combined! As a three-way war rages across Earth, Captain Marvel, Venom, the X-Men and more feel the effects — and the fallout will be huge for the Avengers and FF! Collecting INCOMING #1; ROAD TO EMPYRE: THE KREE/SKRULL WAR; EMPYRE #0: AVENGERS; EMPYRE #0: FANTASTIC FOUR; EMPYRE #1-6; EMPYRE AFTERMATH: AVENGERS; EMPYRE FALLOUT: FANTASTIC FOUR; EMPYRE: X-MEN #1-4; LORDS OF EMPYRE: EMPEROR HULKLING, CELESTIAL MESSIAH and SWORDSMAN; EMPYRE: SAVAGE AVENGERS; EMPYRE: CAPTAIN AMERICA #1-3; EMPYRE: AVENGERS #1-3; X-MEN (2019) #10-11; FANTASTIC FOUR (2018) #21-23; CAPTAIN MARVEL (2019) #18-21; IMMORTAL SHE-HULK #1; WEB OF VENOM: EMPYRE’S END; BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #7-8; and EMPYRE HANDBOOK..
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92825-4