Page 126 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 1963

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Also, I am not excited for the reactions that will come in the very plausible event Teddy winds up being Talos's son
    God I hope not that diminishes his legacy.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Talos's son with Nick Fury
    Actually now that I think of it I didn't consider the idea of Teddy's MCU actor not being white. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    God I hope not that diminishes his legacy.
    His parentage is changing anyway. Mar-Vell can't be his father, because the MCU version is a woman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

but yeah America always felt older to me, like older than Kate even. But then Gillen did that stupid "Kate turns 21" thing so it turns out America "I'm smarter, more experienced and competent than all of you" vibe was coming from someone younger

Put that characterization in someone Xochitl's age and you've basically got a staple from Disney Channel sitcoms

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    His parentage is changing anyway. Mar-Vell can't be his father, because the MCU version is a woman.
    They can just genderbend Princess Anelle to Prince.

...Or considering that the skrulls are shapeshifters, do the famous discarded Nightcrawler origin(aka princess Anelle impregnating Mar-Vell lol). It would be so cool to have Teddy with two(three with Mrs Altman) moms.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They can just genderbend Princess Anelle to Prince.

...Or considering that the skrulls are shapeshifters, do the famous discarded Nightcrawler origin(aka princess Anelle impregnating Mar-Vell lol). It would be so cool to have Teddy with two(three with Mrs Altman) moms.
    The bigger problem is definitely the timeline -- Mar-Vell died in 1989 which would make Teddy much older than he should be.

Maybe introducing Genis or Phyla and having one of them be Teddy's parent with Mar-Vell as his grandparent? Could even explain that her child's relationship with a Skrull is the reason she did what she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The bigger problem is definitely the timeline -- Mar-Vell died in 1989 which would make Teddy much older than he should be.

Maybe introducing Genis or Phyla and having one of them be Teddy's parent with Mar-Vell as his grandparent? Could even explain that her child's relationship with a Skrull is the reason she did what she did.
    They could pull some shennanigans to explain the age thing, but yeah, Genis or Phyla would be good enough.

McKelvie’s most prominent costume design for MAC needs to be featured front and center!

Btw, where is her mini-series?

Honestly, prior to Empyre, the specifics of Teddy's Kree heritage wasn't very relevant. Even now, it's his Skrull heritage that's more important.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I've always felt they'd make him Genis' son after Mar-vell bit the dust in in the 90s during CM. Phyla would work if they, you know, disregard her having a non-shapeshifting wife. And they can only straightwash so much!1!1!

But on a serious note, so long as both parents are important to their respective species, IDC who they end up being. His most important character beats are: hybrid royalty, gay and with Billy, and "that teen-hulk is very nice" lol. As long as those are hit, I'll be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    McKelvie’s most prominent costume design for MAC needs to be featured front and center!

Honestly? Probably shelved until next year ,or at worst whenever DS2 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Honestly, prior to Empyre, the specifics of Teddy's Kree heritage wasn't very relevant. Even now, it's his Skrull heritage that's more important.
    His dad being Mar-vell is why the Kree came to Earth in vol 1 iirc. So, I guess that's sorta important? But you're right, his Skrull side has always been the more displayed side, especially since he's always green. Which makes me wonder, besides the durability and super strength, did he inherit anything for his dad power wise?

Maybe they won't have Noh-Varr in it and do a mix of the original bunch with the newer kids.

-Cassie's new actress feels like she was planned but was busy.
    -America's actress feels like a way to skirt around the sexuality issues.
    -Kate is spot on.
    -Twins are gonna be a mystery until Wandavision wraps.

Why is America's sexuality even a thing? And I mean in the sense people need it to be like a storyline? Like it's 2020 can't a character just be them without having to make that their main storyline I hope people understand what I'm saying with this, I get representation and all but there's more to America than Teen Lesbian to the point she can still be a lesbian withoutit heavily needing to be addressed. She's not in the B & T category where it really needs to be addressed, like their Marvel's go to gay couple to ignore them or pair them with Woman is a blantant disservice and prone to backlash as Marvel's most famous LGBT couple.

That being said I would prepare for all the inevitable Billy Kaplan/Female Reader & Teddy Altman/Female Reader on AO3 that's just gonna be lovely!
    Last edited by Journey; 12-12-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Now that I think about it, they showed America's moms in Marvel Rising but never really addressed that she was into girls, from what I can remember. Not that Marvel Rising had that much overt romance but there were definitely shipping moments with potential heterosexual couples.
    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    -Cassie's new actress feels like she was planned but was busy.
    Huh. That could be the case.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Can't believe I really just had to witness an X-Men fan going on a rant dragging Teddy and calling him hypocrite for disagreeing with Krakoa about Wanda. A HYPOCRITE? Krakoa lets every psycho-villain roam free without having to pay for their terrible past actions (that were done when they weren't having a mental breakdown and being possessed by forces they couldn't control, by the way) while Wanda is treated like the worst person in the world and TEDDY is the hypocrite? Please. Go worry about your faves allowing the actual genocidal nazi to sit on their council. See, this is why I want Billy and Tommy far away from X-Men shit. I don't need more of this fandom clownery in my life.

Hey so I saw the little WandaVision trailer and that moment where the Crib Butterflies come to life anyone else think that was Billy's doing and not Wanda a little taste of things to come perhaps?
    From the reactions I've been seeing, a lot of people think that was Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Also, I am not excited for the reactions that will come in the very plausible event Teddy winds up being Talos's son
    I don't see how this is that plausible. As it stands, I don't think it's clear what they're gonna do with Teddy. WandaVision might offer us a hint if he turns out to be the ''skrull refugee'' that was reportedly appearing in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    but yeah America always felt older to me, like older than Kate even. But then Gillen did that stupid "Kate turns 21" thing so it turns out America "I'm smarter, more experienced and competent than all of you" vibe was coming from someone younger
    Actually, Gillen said during his run that he pictured America being older than the other Young Avengers, so she was likely written as older than 21 there. Which also doesn't make a lot of sense, since she was supposed to be like 16 in Vengeance (2011), but that's Gillen for you. Clearly, he didn't care about how aging works.

Genis being Teddy's father (and Anelle/Mary-Jo still being his bio/adoptive moms) has been my personal pitch for his MCU origin. It's the best way to do something different but still as close as possible to his comics origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    The artist has been sharing a bunch of uncolored panels on his social media, so I'm assuming it'll be published sometime next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    His dad being Mar-vell is why the Kree came to Earth in vol 1 iirc. So, I guess that's sorta important? But you're right, his Skrull side has always been the more displayed side, especially since he's always green. Which makes me wonder, besides the durability and super strength, did he inherit anything for his dad power wise?
    Not that we know of. He never displayed any of the energy-based powers Phyla and Genis seem to have inherited. Interestingly, he was able to absorb energy with Excelsior, but it's unclear if it's JUST because of the sword or if maybe the sword helped him channel some existing ability. It would be interesting for that to be explored.

Why is America's sexuality even a thing? And I mean in the sense people need it to be like a storyline? Like it's 2020 can't a character just be them without having to make that their main storyline I hope people understand what I'm saying with this, I get representation and all but there's more to America than Teen Lesbian to the point she can still be a lesbian withoutit heavily needing to be addressed. She's not in the B & T category where it really needs to be addressed, like their Marvel's go to gay couple to ignore them or pair them with Woman is a blantant disservice and prone to backlash as Marvel's most famous LGBT couple.
    The thing about America is that she is one of the most notorious queer characters Marvel currently has. Just starting with the fact that what made her popular in the first place was precisely the very queer-inclusive Young Avengers series. She is one of the only two lesbian characters (that I can think of) to ever get a solo book, she was pushed as a part of their Marvel Rising initiative, and now with the MCU she obviously is going to reach new heights of popularity. When you put a queer character in that kind of position, people will absolutely want her to represent something, specially since we haven't had that much queer representation from Marvel Studios at all. I mean, just look at Valkyrie: she was never some queer icon in the comics, but ever since the actress confirmed her character is bi in the movies, she gained an entire following based on just that alone, to the point where they even hinted that this is something that is actually going to be a story in the next Thor movie.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-13-2020 at 02:05 AM.