Page 70 of 131 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1963

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Like I theorized, the Aftermath cover is the one with Tommy on it! And it seems like Teddy's keeping Emperor Dorrek!

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/08/05/em...math-1-teaser/

spoilers:
    Now lemme just cry in a corner because in the midst of all the uncertainty and stress in the world rn, I can at least say we finally got the BillyTeddy wedding T-T
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

I think it's time to Hulkling change his superhero name. I mean, Hulkling doesn't fit anymore.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I thought Dorrek-Vell was a cool marriage (pun intended) of his identities, though as a superhero name maybe it isn't the best on the field, might draw unwanted attention lol.

Maybe King Marvel? To give some more connection to the Marvell legacy and to finally give him a 'Marvel' hero title, since both his siblings, Carol, Monica, Noh, and Kamala have all gotten to have it in their names.

Astonishing Member

Green Marvel.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm glad I was so wrong about my wedding theories, ha! But if I have to be perfectly honest:

spoilers:
    This is not quite what I wanted for a Billy/Teddy wedding. I figured we would get a new book with lots of issues leading up to the very special occasion instead of just being hammered with ''oh, and btw, they got married off-page''...
    end of spoilers

But I'm waiting to see what the Empyre - Avengers: Aftermath issue has to offer. They BETTER make up for it with PLENTY of good content.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Literally made him look like Fox X-Men Quicksilver
    If anything, it was the FOX-Men Quicksilver who looked like him. Tommy came first, with the goggles and all!

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    So. I was reading my TL and had to do go back to the page bc I had no clue that they worked in Allen and Jim into the wedding page! Allen Heinberg is supposed to be the officiate while Jim Cheung is the pianist! Must be crazy for them to see their creations go on to get married. Hearing what Allen and Jim had to say really warmed my heart, and hearing what Al had to say about it makes me less worried, since Al seems to have a lot of love for them!
    My crazy YA fanboy ass actually noticed it was Jim and Allan right away when I read it, even before I saw the Heinberg statement on the Marvel website. I was like ''wait a goddamn minute, these two look very familiar...'' I figured it would be a nice easter-egg, and since Marvel Comics #1000 last year also added Justin Ponsor on-page as a homage to him, I figured it was possible that they deliberately made the two characters look like Jim and Allan too. I loved it!

BTW, this is the post with Allan's statement, if anyone hasn't seen it yet: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=96162892

Like I theorized, the Aftermath cover is the one with Tommy on it! And it seems like Teddy's keeping Emperor Dorrek!

spoilers:
    Now lemme just cry in a corner because in the midst of all the uncertainty and stress in the world rn, I can at least say we finally got the BillyTeddy wedding T-T
    end of spoilers
    That cover is so freaking GORGEOUS! It's honestly prettier than any other cover we've seen for Empyre so far; I'm assuming they got a different colorist for it, because Jim's art just look so much brighter and vivid there. Also, I'm really glad that the Avengers Aftermath issue is basically just a huge Young Avengers fanservice book. AS IT SHOULD BE! I really hope this is basically Young Avengers #0 of a new book, or a prelude for a Wiccan & Hulkling series, if we dare to dream.

The wording on that teaser is a little weird, though. It reads as if was written by the Kree/Skrull, but the cover is just the people from Earth. I wonder if it's going to take place in space or something...

What a great time to be a YA fan!!! Not really a major takeaway but kinda shocked to see X-Men on an Avengers cover thought they were trying to keep things separated between the brands, even more shocked it's a cover featuring, the "Pretenders Spawn" meanwhile sis the Pretender didn't even make the cover we have to laugh honestly!

Oh, I forgot to mention:

spoilers:
    I HAAAAATE that they made Teddy get married with his green skin! Like, seriously? He better not be looking like that during the entirety of the Aftermath issue!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    What a great time to be a YA fan!!! Not really a major takeaway but kinda shocked to see X-Men on an Avengers cover thought they were trying to keep things separated between the brands, even more shocked it's a cover featuring, the "Pretenders Spawn" meanwhile sis the Pretender didn't even make the cover we have to laugh honestly!
    Yeah, Storm, Wolverine and Rogue on this cover is just so weird to me, 'cause like.... there is no emotional connection there. Logan literally tried to murder Billy once. I'm not sure if the X-Men will even be in the interior of this book at all, tbh. Prodigy is the only who would make some sort of sense, but he was not even in the flashback of Empyre #4, so if he's not there, I'm not sure why any other X-Man would. I would've easily replaced them with Wanda, Vision and Pietro on the cover. It would've felt so much more appropriate. Well, actually, the most appropriate would be the Kaplans, but lord knows no one cares about them that much to put them on a cover. I really hope they're not forgotten in the story, though.

I'm not sure the cover is indicative of the actual interior content. Kate and Cassie both have old costumes. What did they do, break out the old duds for the wedding reception?

I assume Empyre takes place before Outlawed? CRADLE could've raided the wedding otherwise, considering both Teddy and Cassie were using their powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That cover looks amazing

I've been jokingly saying I want the political marriage end, but it is really nice seeing (almost) all of the YA celebrating together like this, bringing together the Avengers, FF and even the X-men for a happy occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm not sure the cover is indicative of the actual interior content. Kate and Cassie both have old costumes. What did they do, break out the old duds for the wedding reception?

I assume Empyre takes place before Outlawed? CRADLE could've raided the wedding otherwise, considering both Teddy and Cassie were using their powers.
    Kate's wearing her current costume, just with her old sunglasses

Cassie's just following in the footsteps of Hank and Janet, switching costumes and identities every other appearance

I thought Dorrek-Vell was a cool marriage (pun intended) of his identities, though as a superhero name maybe it isn't the best on the field, might draw unwanted attention lol.

Maybe King Marvel? To give some more connection to the Marvell legacy and to finally give him a 'Marvel' hero title, since both his siblings, Carol, Monica, Noh, and Kamala have all gotten to have it in their names.
    There's a few more. Sharon Ventura (the second Ms. Marvel) and Karla Sofen (Norman Osborn's Dark Ms. Marvel). Uranian, Justice (both formerly Marvel Boy, Noh's current name), Prestige, and Jean Grey (who've both been called Marvel Girl).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I actually think Kate has her Aja design there. She didn't have the headband on her Cheung design, and the purple of her glasses/costume is lighter instead of the darker tone she had in her Cheung design. She's also not wearing the white scarf she had on her Cheung design and the top covering her right shoulder is something only the Aja design had. But Cassie is definitely Stature instead of Stinger there, which reminds me that Cheung also had her as Stature on Marvel Comics #1000 without any explanation, so I'm guessing he just didn't get the memo.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I actually think Kate has her Aja design there. She didn't have the headband on her Cheung design, and the purple of her glasses/costume is lighter instead of the darker tone she had in her Cheung design. She's also not wearing the white scarf she had on her Cheung design and the top covering her right shoulder is something only the Aja design had. But Cassie is definitely Stature instead of Stinger there, which reminds me that Cheung also had her as Stature on Marvel Comics #1000 without any explanation, so I'm guessing he just didn't get the memo.
    Yeah I think he was left out of the loop, because (Empyre 4 Spoilers)
    spoilers:
    She-Hulk is also there smiling and very not dead
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    You know Jennifer's getting a quick resurrection, right? She's getting an Immortal She-Hulk one-shot. She'll be back in time for the Aftermath.
    end of spoilers