Page 104 of 131 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...cene-interview

Gotta love how Marvel refers to Billy and Teddy as a ship name in the headline instead of their own individual names, LOL. Also, does this mean Wickling is their official ship name? Sorry, Billyteddy nation.
    #Wickling can be their Hero-ship.
    I'm still team #Beddy for their civilian ship. hahaha.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

America Chavez cast in Doctor Strange 2:
    https://deadline.com/2020/10/doctor-...ch-1234598621/

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    America Chavez cast in Doctor Strange 2:
    https://deadline.com/2020/10/doctor-...ch-1234598621/
    She a tad on the lightskin side ain't she....

Yeah I'm hoping that's not her...

She's a latina teenager who's from the multiverse. Very short list of characters that matches that description.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah I'm hoping that's not her...
    Why not? Because of her age?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Why not? Because of her age?
    Yeah, it doesn't match with Cassie and Kate. Plus as journey said, people are thinking she's way too lightskinned.

Well they are the young Avengers. It'd kinda kill Amerikate ship happening in the MCU because of how old Steinfeld is, though. I'd also expect the other YA to be of a similar age.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I know it's more likely than not that this is at least some iteration of America, whether a younger flashback version or a younger version altogether. But, I'd prefer her to be maybe an OC from the Utopian Parallel who's sort of like a soft introduction to the concept of America, before she's actually introduced.

My reasons are the same as the people in here with their apprehension, but also the fact that casting and portraying so young gives them a free pass to erase/ignore her sexuality. And if this age range is indicative of the rest of the team sans Cassie and Kate then.... Well, we'll see what happens. Don't like being a debby downer right out of the gate, but I assume like everyone here, I care enough to want the most respectable to the source material adaptation as possible.

Extraordinary Member

This remains me when Emma Fuhrmann and Katherine Langford were cast for Endgame. And leakers/spectators were saying who they were from Kate Bishop to teen Cassie Lang.

They ended up right with teen Cassie Lang. But no one figured out Katherine Langford being an older dream version of the unknown new daughter of Tony called Morgan Stark in a deleted scene:

She's a latina teenager who's from the multiverse. Very short list of characters that matches that description.
    It can't be that hard to find an Afro- Latina girl on the darker side with some Acting Chops I can hop on the gram and find a 100 surely Disney/Marvel can do the same.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It can't be that hard to find an Afro- Latina girl on the darker side with some Acting Chops I can hop on the gram and find a 100 surely Disney/Marvel can do the same.
    Has America Chavez ever been described as Afro-Latina?

I’ve only ever seen her described as Latina. And even then, she’s “alien other-dimensional Latina” at that.

Marvels casting process is a bit more thorough than looking up pretty people on instagram

People are so used to Dawson's Creek casting (even in the MCU itself) that now people are shocked when teenagers play teenagers.

Marvels casting process is a bit more thorough than looking up pretty people on instagram

People are so used to Dawson's Creek casting (even in the MCU itself) that now people are shocked when teenagers play teenagers.
    Yet they still can't cast the characters with proper skin tones. I don't care about her age that's subject to change multiverse shenanigans and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Has America Chavez ever been described as Afro-Latina?

I’ve only ever seen her described as Latina. And even then, she’s “alien other-dimensional Latina” at that.
    She always looked afro-latina to me even in that Disney cartoon, even if she's not old girl is still a tad to lightskin for the role.