Page 96 of 131 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He's a little to skinny for Teddy honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm okay with Teddy being skinnier than Hulkling

That's what CGI is for
    Plus everyone becomes a gym rat after they're cast as superheroes. And they're gonna introduce him and everyone pretty young. He's got that big jaw while still passing as a teen. Look at the material with another hairstyle and this is gonna be the last post about this ok it's not like it's gonna happen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    The news just broke that Jonathan Majors has been cast in the next Ant-Man movie and allegedly he's playing Kang. This supports the rumours that the third Ant-Man movie is going to set up the Young Avengers for their own movie.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/jonatha...se-1203028234/
    I'm hopeful for what this could mean for Nate (and possibly Jonas)

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

My fancast for Teddy has been, since watching him in Locke and Key, Connor Jessup. I know he's probably at the very edge, if not outside, of their preferred age range, but he pretty much hits all the check marks of Teddy for me. And, as an added bonus, he's actually gay, so points for that lol.

The news just broke that Jonathan Majors has been cast in the next Ant-Man movie and allegedly he's playing Kang. This supports the rumours that the third Ant-Man movie is going to set up the Young Avengers for their own movie.

Woo! I guess this really does point to YA getting at least a partial debut in AM3. Hopefully, they do right by our favs (if they are indeed all coming by then)

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

The now more likely possibility of Ant-Man 3 setting-up the Young Avengers gives more credence to the rumours of Wiccan and Hulkling being in WandaVision, which if true means that Billy and Teddy have already been cast and their roles filmed for their first appearance in the MCU.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 09-14-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    My fancast for Teddy has been, since watching him in Locke and Key, Connor Jessup. I know he's probably at the very edge, if not outside, of their preferred age range, but he pretty much hits all the check marks of Teddy for me. And, as an added bonus, he's actually gay, so points for that lol.
    I liked him in that movie Closet Monster and he totally looks the part.

The now more likely possibility of Ant-Man 3 setting-up the Young Avengers gives more credence to the rumours of Wiccan and Hulkling being in WandaVision, which if true means that Billy and Teddy have already been cast and their roles filmed for their first appearance in the MCU.
    I find it so funny how everyone is clutching their pearls at Kate's casting, but Tommy, Teddy, and Billy are all sort of never thought about lol. At least, there's never been any public speculation en mass like with Kate possibly being Hailee Steinfeld. Probably has to do with the twins (and maybe Teddy) being an open secret in WV, and them wanting to save it for a more official announcement (which also begs the question as to why no actors that could be them have been seen on set. Though, there haven't been that many set pics, so maybe that's why lol).

It's a fun game to play when you don't think of the possibility of heinously wrong castings for them.

Yeah, Kate being a main character in Hawkeye is part of the premise, Billy and Tommy being WandaVision is like "spoiler territory".

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Well if Patriot is going to show up in Falcon & the Winter Solider, I have to wonder if we're going to get the whole Bradley family and if they're going to keep out the addiction route that was one of the big issues people had with Eli. Also has anyone come up with a Fan cast for him? My question is are they going to make Kang his own thing and not have Iron Lad (or if they do will it be the kid from the Iron Man movies), or make it still Nathan, or will they change it and have it be Riri as Iron Heart, Morgan Stark, or surprise us with a time Traveling Tony Stark or his descendant.

I mean Cloak and Dagger got canceled so Aubrey Joseph is available...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

This is pretty huge news. The idea of Kang making his debut in a movie with Cassie definitely opens up the possibility of some fun easter eggs being laid there. Like, imagine if Kang meets Cassie and then mentions something about knowing her, which leaves her confused. I really hope they do something like that.

Also, that means we'd be getting a black Nate/Iron Lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm okay with Teddy being skinnier than Hulkling

That's what CGI is for
    It's true that Teddy is usually leaner in his non-Hulkling form, but some artists also like to portray him as buff even on his human form. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a sucker for twink/twunk couples and size difference, so I wouldn't mind a thicker Teddy in his civilian form for live-action.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I find it so funny how everyone is clutching their pearls at Kate's casting, but Tommy, Teddy, and Billy are all sort of never thought about lol. At least, there's never been any public speculation en mass like with Kate possibly being Hailee Steinfeld. Probably has to do with the twins (and maybe Teddy) being an open secret in WV, and them wanting to save it for a more official announcement (which also begs the question as to why no actors that could be them have been seen on set. Though, there haven't been that many set pics, so maybe that's why lol).

It's a fun game to play when you don't think of the possibility of heinously wrong castings for them.
    Yeah, it's easier for people to clutch their pearls over Kate when we know more about her. We got a sneak peek on SDCC last year, concept art, news about potential castings... I think the casting for Billy/Tommy/Teddy is gonna start to hit harder once we actually get more news about WandaVision, and then fans are gonna lose their **** about that too.

And yeah, there just hasn't been as much leaks for WandaVision because Feige is keeping this particular production on a tight leash. Notice how we keep getting BTS stuff from TF&TWS, but NOT from WV. The actors don't seem to even be allowed to share pics on their social media. Last year some spoiler-y pics from set leaked and it was a whole mess, to the point where insider Charles Murphy said he was gonna avoid WV spoilers because he could get in trouble for spreading them. Also consider the Evan Peters news; if that was true, there's been NO SIGN of him connected to this production at all, and yet, he's supposedly in it. There's so much going on behind the scenes that we don't know. It's terrifying and exciting at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Well if Patriot is going to show up in Falcon & the Winter Solider, I have to wonder if we're going to get the whole Bradley family and if they're going to keep out the addiction route that was one of the big issues people had with Eli. Also has anyone come up with a Fan cast for him? My question is are they going to make Kang his own thing and not have Iron Lad (or if they do will it be the kid from the Iron Man movies), or make it still Nathan, or will they change it and have it be Riri as Iron Heart, Morgan Stark, or surprise us with a time Traveling Tony Stark or his descendant.
    The rumor is that Isaiah might be in TF&TWS, so the question is if Eli and other Bradleys might be there or not. We'll see, but I think just the fact that Isaiah might be established in the MCU is good news already. As for fancasts, I've been thinking of Niles Fitch for him. But now that we might be getting a black Nathaniel Richards, I guess he could be Iron Lad too. Patriot is probably the better role if we're thinking long-term, though.

As for Kang, I hope he gets a pretty accurate origin story in the MCU. I don't see much need for change, and I CERTAINLY don't see the need to drag Tony Stark into this. We've progressed the need to tie every MCU thing to Tony. I much prefer if they use Nathaniel Richards as a way to establish the Young Avengers and the Fantastic Four. Let's think about the future, not the past!
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-14-2020 at 10:13 PM.

Of course, if Nate is black, are they planning on making Reed Richards black too? Makes more sense to change his race than it did Johnny, which the last FF movie did.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Of course, if Nate is black, are they planning on making Reed Richards black too? Makes more sense to change his race than it did Johnny, which the last FF movie did.
    I'm seeing a lot of people bringing up this possibility, and while I don't have an issue with a black Reed, we have to remember that Kang is supposedly his descendant by ten centuries. It's entirely possible there was a lot of mixing in between their family tree.

That thousand year gap won't necessarily be kept. DC didn't with their similarly futuristic characters in both the Young Justice cartoon (Impulse) and Flash TV show (XS) - they were only from a few decades in the future (which would also make sense for Nate, as he shares the name of Reed's father, which would be more meaningful if it was only a few generations apart).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That thousand year gap won't necessarily be kept. DC didn't with their similarly futuristic characters in both the Young Justice cartoon (Impulse) and Flash TV show (XS) - they were only from a few decades in the future (which would also make sense for Nate, as he shares the name of Reed's father, which would be more meaningful if it was only a few generations apart).
    Impulse And XS are only two generations from Barry anyway. They only lived a thousand years in the future in the comics.

They can have a Caucasian 21st century Reed Richards. And Kang can be black. It’s stupid to think there wouldn’t be any intermixing races for the Richards family in a thousand year span.

I doubt the Richards practice eugenics.

Hey everyone, solicits came out and unfortuantely everyone's back in the bin :/ I think I got too spoiled getting YA content for like two months straight, but now they seem to be nowhere substantial story wise, sans an art book by Jim Cheung! (which maybe would explain the extraneous YA team drawings he posted that didn't have to do with Empyre)

Here's the rest of the solicits as well!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/09/17/de...n-black-x-men/