Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
I was wondering if Teddy would get his own book as a result of Empyre, and even though I was hoping for at least a mini, I'll settle for a one-shot. Hopefully this can lead to some other Teddy-led book. I really love the concept of exploring his history from origin to where he is right now. It's pretty much what Teddy fans have been asking for forever. I just wish they would be taking this opportunity to actually promote him with a new codename and a complete makeover. Emperor Hulkling just... doesn't really do it for me.

Anyone wondering why the main title is Lords Of Empyre, as in plural? Is this going to be a series of one-shots, perhaps exploring other cosmic lords? 'Cause I don't really see the point of naming it like that if it's just a one-shot for one character.

Also, curious to see how Billy will fit into this. I'm not worried about Wiccling being screwed over, 'cause I think they put Anthony Oliveira (the same writer from their mini story on WOTR: War Scrolls) on this specifically because of his passion for the couple. I don't think he would do anything that would permanently damage them as a couple. I'm not sure if Chip has ever written Billy and Teddy before or how he feels about them as a couple, but he doesn't strike me as the type who would do something stupid either. I'm expecting some drama, but in the same way that Gillen's Young Avengers had drama, only to make them stronger at the end. It's the kind of romantic trope that straight couples go through all the time, so I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing.
Yeah, honestly reading this solicit made me sad but like in a good way(?). I guess I want to suffer. The drama makes it all worth it. Completely happy, stable and static couples with no conflict is boring, and they shouldn't be afraid of messing with Billy and Teddy if the goal isn't to actually separate them.