Page 65 of 131 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Thought I'd also share this here, since this pretty much confirms the Aftermath issue will have the members of YA included other than Teddy (obviously):

https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/st...891308544?s=19

Valerio remarked she'd be sad, so I'm hoping she's just moping over them leaving for a honeymoon or something, and nothing worse

Amazing Member

Teddys there too on her right, and the sketch looks like he’s happy, or at least not crying.

That's not Teddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Thought I'd also share this here, since this pretty much confirms the Aftermath issue will have the members of YA included other than Teddy (obviously):

Valerio remarked she'd be sad, so I'm hoping she's just moping over them leaving for a honeymoon or something, and nothing worse
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!
    Its Alloy and Fuse in the back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    That's not Teddy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!
    Its Alloy and Fuse in the back!!!!
    Now that you mention it, that definitely fits Fuse in the back. And another thing to remember is that we still haven't seen which cover this was from:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Ylx5gj...=1mkkmoh4zdzts

This could easily go with the Aftermath cover, and since Tommy and the figure beside him (I'm guessing Cassie with that faint strand of hair on the side and her face structure) are smiling, I'm guessing we really are about to get the wedding (he is wearing a suit too).

Plus, with how much auxiliary talk I've noticed there being for Billy and Teddy (Al saying there'd be lots of books with them, Tini mentioning how she and Al talked about liking them so much at one of those retreat thingies when talking about the Strikeforce tie-in (rip), Chip off handedly saying he hoped Anthony got the chance to write "those characters" suggesting they'd be here afterward) I feel like we're either on the right track with thinking it's the wedding and just psyching ourselves out of it, or we're not seeing something
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 07-31-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Amazing Member

Now that you mention it, that definitely fits Fuse in the back. And another thing to remember is that we still haven't seen which cover this was from:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Ylx5gj...=1mkkmoh4zdzts

This could easily go with the Aftermath cover, and since Tommy and the figure beside him (I'm guessing Cassie with that faint strand of hair on the side and her face structure) are smiling, I'm guessing we really are about to get the wedding (he is wearing a suit too, along with Fuse(?) wearing semi-formal wear).

Plus, with how much auxiliary talk I've noticed there being for Billy and Teddy (Al saying there'd be lots of books with them, Tini mentioning how she and Al talked about liking them so much at one of those retreat thingies when talking about the Strikeforce tie-in (rip), Chip off handedly saying he hoped Anthony got the chance to write "those characters" suggesting they'd be here afterwards) I feel like we're either on the right track with thinking it's the wedding and just psyching ourselves out of it, or we're not seeing something
    During one of the podcasts Anthony said the last time we saw Eli was at “the wedding” dinner in Marvel 1000, he quickly backtracked and said the dinner, but kept slipping. I think it’s more than likely that’s what Aftermath is. Ideal ending is the last panel “To be continued in YA Vol 3” or “Billy and Teddy”. I think there were some tweets to Anthony about writing more YA or BillyTeddy where he replied kind of coy with some emojis, but I could be misremembering.

This interstellar insanity is going to eventually end and the state of the cosmos will immediately get swept up in the Knull(??) chaos, of which I have zero interest.

If that Marvel 1000 Young Avenger page IS a flash forward snippet from what we can expect with the Aftermath, then I'm all for it.

These boys -- ALL these characters -- need a home, post Empyre.

And in an ideal world, Anthony gets an opportunity to see his stories come to fruition -- preferably with a SOLID art team backing him.
    Its what we need.
    Its what we deserve.
    Its gotta happen.

We don't know yet what that Jim Cheung YA art was for, do we?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My biggest fear is the Aftermath issue shows Teddy as the King of Space but his act causes him to get killed by Knull.

Killing Teddy might be a gamebreaker and bridge burner to many.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    My biggest fear is the Aftermath issue shows Teddy as the King of Space but his act causes him to get killed by Knull.

I feel If that type of traumatic experience were to occur it would literally drive Billy insane and he'd have a Wanda moment and I absolutely do not want that.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I mean, Kate, as far as we know, has nothing to do with the Empyre event, so if she's in the Aftermath issue, that definitely means we're getting some Young Avengers related story, right? I don't see why else she would be there. God, I'm MANIFESTING that this will be the lead up to a new YA series. Come on, Marvel, it's now or never!!!

But as for Kate crying.... I honestly don't know what could be. It's specially weird when you consider that the two people in the back (likely the Watts siblings) seem to be smiling??? Like, what could possibly make both of them smile while Kate is crying? I've seen some people speculating that these are happy tears, but look at her face; she doesn't look happy at all! I mean, when you want to portray a character crying happy tears, you do that by putting a smile or a more uplifting expression on their faces, which is really not the case here. Valerio is a really good artist, so I don't think he would miss the mark on how she's supposed to look. So maybe the Wattses are not smiling at all in this shot and it's just the unfinished sketch that makes it look this way, OR maybe they're not actually there, and we're just seeing a flashback of them on the background. Maybe Kate had to leave California and the WCA for some sad reason (a break-up with Johnny, perhaps), and now she's on NY telling her friends about it. Something like that... could make sense.

Plus, with how much auxiliary talk I've noticed there being for Billy and Teddy (Al saying there'd be lots of books with them, Tini mentioning how she and Al talked about liking them so much at one of those retreat thingies when talking about the Strikeforce tie-in (rip), Chip off handedly saying he hoped Anthony got the chance to write "those characters" suggesting they'd be here afterwards) I feel like we're either on the right track with thinking it's the wedding and just psyching ourselves out of it, or we're not seeing something
    Wait, Al said that??? Really??? **** yeah! I'm even more excited now. Honestly, even if we're not getting a wedding, I'm just glad we're getting more content. That's all I want.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    During one of the podcasts Anthony said the last time we saw Eli was at “the wedding” dinner in Marvel 1000, he quickly backtracked and said the dinner, but kept slipping. I think it’s more than likely that’s what Aftermath is. Ideal ending is the last panel “To be continued in YA Vol 3” or “Billy and Teddy”. I think there were some tweets to Anthony about writing more YA or BillyTeddy where he replied kind of coy with some emojis, but I could be misremembering.
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I think Anthony was just wrong about the Marvel #1000 short story. A lot of people at the time thought it was a wedding reception for Billy and Teddy, but Jim Cheung himself said on Instagram it was just a welcome party for Eli. Anthony wasn't involved in that particular story, so I think it's possible he just got carried away and thought it was something more, like many fans did.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post

You mean him getting killed by Knull in the Aftermath issue? I'd say there's no way that is happening, since Al Ewing is writing it. He's one of the best allies we have on Marvel Comics right now. He doesn't strike me as the guy who would partake in the Bury Your Gays trope, specially with the two characters who are pretty much Marvel's most prominent gay couple right now. The only way he would be killed by Knull is if Donny Cates writes that on his event, but he would need editorial approval to do so, and I definitely don't think the Avengers Office would be ok with anyone killing Teddy immediately after Empyre. Tom Brevoort himself said they're doing Empyre precisely to make Teddy a more important character in the Marvel Universe. It makes no sense for them to allow this character to be killed off right on the next event.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-31-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

I mean, Kate, as far as we know, has nothing to do with the Empyre event, so if she's in the Aftermath issue, that definitely means we're getting some Young Avengers related story, right? I don't see why else she would be there. God, I'm MANIFESTING that this will be the lead up to a new YA series. Come on, Marvel, it's now or never!!!

But as for Kate crying.... I honestly don't know what could be. It's specially weird when you consider that the two people in the back (likely the Watts siblings) seem to be smiling??? Like, what could possibly make both of them smile while Kate is crying? I've seen some people speculating that these are happy tears, but look at her face; she doesn't look happy at all! I mean, when you want to portray a character crying happy tears, you do that by putting a smile or a more uplifting expression on their faces, which is really not the case here. Valerio is a really good artist, so I don't think he would miss the mark on how she's supposed to look. So maybe the Wattses are not smiling at all in this shot and it's just the unfinished sketch that makes it look this way, OR maybe they're not actually there, and we're just seeing a flashback of them on the background. Maybe Kate had to leave California and the WCA for some sad reason (a break-up with Johnny, perhaps), and now she's on NY telling her friends about it. Something like that... could make sense.

Wait, Al said that??? Really??? **** yeah! I'm even more excited now. Honestly, even if we're not getting a wedding, I'm just glad we're getting more content. That's all I want.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I think Anthony was just wrong about the Marvel #1000 short story. A lot of people at the time thought it was a wedding reception for Billy and Teddy, but Jim Cheung himself said on Instagram it was just a welcome party for Eli. Anthony wasn't involved in that particular story, so I think it's possible he just got carried away and thought it was something more, like many fans did.

You mean him getting killed by Knull in the Aftermath issue? I'd say there's no way that is happening, since Al Ewing is writing it. He's one of the best allies we have on Marvel Comics right now. He doesn't strike me as the guy who would partake in the Bury Your Gays trope, specially with the two characters who are pretty much Marvel's most prominent gay couple right now. The only way he would be killed by Knull is if Donny Cates writes that on his event, but he would need editorial approval to do so, and I definitely don't think the Avengers Office would be ok with anyone killing Teddy immediately after Empyre. Tom Brevoort himself said they're doing Empyre precisely to make Teddy a more important character in the Marvel Universe. It makes no sense for them to allow this character to be killed off right on the next event.
    The enigma of Kate, Alloy and Fuse's faces is so funny because like, I've shared this snippet with comics friends on twitter and they're all trying to stay positive, meanwhile everyone here is all doom and gloom. I think its maybe that Teddy (and hopefully Billy) have to leave, so they're saying goodbye to their BFF, which is making her sad. There's also Shulkie's Immortal future, but as someone said, I don't think she knows her enough to be that teary eyed. We will just have to see what happens next week(?) with #4, and where that leads.

Well, I think he may have been referencing the one-two punch we were supposed to get with Emperor Hulkling and Strikeforce #10 (rip), along with the main series #5 +#6 and perhaps whatever the Aftermath issue was supposed to be pre-covid. Now, while we still do have most of them, we lost Strikeforce and Aftermath seems like it was changed last minute (based on that old checklist) to what we see now as Empyre Aftermath: Avengers #1. He did mention them having books out this year at one of the last few cons pre-covid promoting for Empyre, so who knows how things might have been reshuffled.

He did say in an interview with Marvel that their relationship would be important, and considering, like I said in the Empyre thread, and what you said here, I feel like a lot of us are getting psyched out over this because the gaystm rarely ever get the good things when it comes to events and general Marvel fair. Al is (or at least from what I've read and seen of him) a really good ally, and I mean from including Billy and Teddy in the arc that started this to the representation he's been putting into the comics he writes, I feel like burying a gay is the least likely trope he'd indulge in to end this event. It would sour this comics biggest draw, being Teddy's supposed new status quo, and honestly just be in severe poor taste, especially after what occurred in Brazil with these two. There's always Slott whispering in his ears, but I don't think Al would just go along with that.

And like I've been saying, the only thing making me hesitant that some shennanigans aren't afoot is Jim's partial cover with Tommy in a suit. Of all the things Tommy is, vindictive to his brother and friends he is not, so I don't think he'd be so gung-ho about anything negative happening. Of course, it could be that its for another project, as there were some panel/cover-esque art that he shared with the team in their old uniforms, but that seems more like some anniversary cover thing or an artist portfolio of characters they've worked on sort of thing.

Maybe Kate had to leave California and the WCA for some sad reason (a break-up with Johnny, perhaps), and now she's on NY telling her friends about it. Something like that... could make sense.
    Outlawed would explain her leaving the West Coast Avengers. The WCA HQ was stormed by CRADLE at the end of the one-shot, so the team is probably done. Clint, Gwen and Quentin had already quit to do other stuff (per Hawkeye Freefall, Gwenpool Strikes Back, and X-Force), so the team was down to Kate, America, Johnny and Ramone. That group could combine with the remaining original YAs (Wiccan, Stinger, Speed, Patriot) to form a new Young Avengers, banding together after Kamala's Law is repealed?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-31-2020 at 02:52 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hope you're right and this is the big damn kiss but I don't trust Marvel right now with Slott involved plus Knull looming and Marvel quietly going no gay stuff again.

Do you guys really want them to be the Young Avengers when the event ends?
    I don't know, it seems like a huge step back after all they've been through. I don't want them to be seen as just the Avengers rookies again.
    I'd much rather see them adopting a new name like The Ultimates. Something that doesn't automatically make them seem lesser than the main team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Do you guys really want them to be the Young Avengers when the event ends?
    I don't know, it seems like a huge step back after all they've been through. I don't want them to be seen as just the Avengers rookies again.
    I'd much rather see them adopting a new name like The Ultimates. Something that doesn't automatically make them seem lesser than the main team.
    So what have them take a new name, as well create a New Young Avengers with completely New people? Cause I do get where your coming from with how the Teen Titans became the Titans since the got older.