Page 67 of 131 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1963
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I guess in terms of whatever timeline logic/ratio/conversion you use/canon uses, sure, they shouldn't be older than that, but Emperor Hulkling had Teddy, Tommy and David drinking, and even mentioned them getting drunk. Which means they're all 21-ish, and I don't think editorial or whatever would've let underage drinking get through (and this doesn't even include Billy drinking with Loki in the Wotr one shot they got)

And with Tommy being able to drink, that would mean Billy's also 21. For Kate, I know her age is contentious bc of Gillen's "mistake", but let's say that she's also 21-ish. Eli's apparently law school age as well per Marvel 1000, so there's that.

I feel like the disparity in what should be and what's being written comes from just lack of consistent usage. I'm sure if they got used plenty enough, or at least to Kate's level, they'd probably be written as still teens.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I guess in terms of whatever timeline logic/ratio/conversion you use/canon uses, sure, they shouldn't be older than that, but Emperor Hulkling had Teddy, Tommy and David drinking, and even mentioned them getting drunk. Which means they're all 21-ish, and I don't think editorial or whatever would've let underage drinking get through (and this doesn't even include Billy drinking with Loki in the Wotr one shot they got)

And with Tommy being able to drink, that would mean Billy's also 21. For Kate, I know her age is contentious bc of Gillen's "mistake", but let's say that she's also 21-ish. Eli's apparently law school age as well per Marvel 1000, so there's that.

I feel like the disparity in what should be and what's being written comes from just lack of consistent usage. I'm sure if they got used plenty enough, or at least to Kate's level, they'd probably be written as still teens.
    That is the problem...writers write them the age they want them. Cassie is clearly defined at certain times in story. 15 at the time of the move to Miami and then a birthday mentioned in Ant-Man and The Wasp with Scott and Nadia.

I don't think I have seen any of the others mentioned clearly except for (IIRC) Kate in that last YA series saying she was 18.

Kate and Tommy were underage drinking as early as the Young Avengers Presents Hawkeye issue that Chris0013 just mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Kate and Tommy were underage drinking as early as the Young Avengers Presents Hawkeye issue that Chris0013 just mentioned
    Damn, I haven't read the Presents stuff in so long, so my mistake!

That being said, I think it just comes down to none of the team, sans maybe Kate, being considered "A-list" enough. They probably don't have someone yelling down stream to make sure everything's consistent with the rest of the Marvel world. No one saying "don't write them doing this! Keep them sellable, young, and relatable, etc, etc." like say the Spiderman peeps would

Pretty sure they and ALL the teen heroes were underage drinking at the end of Gillen's Young Avengers too. Too much "oh the punch it totally not spiked" "Definitely pure punch" for it not to be a "yep, definitely alcohol here".

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Honestly, I'm not even getting into the age discussion again. At this point they're gonna be any age Marvel wants them to be. We'll just have to wait until the next on-page statement on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Teen heroes hanging out (apparently at Doreen's place):

Drawn by Stephen Byrne.
    https://twitter.com/StephenByrne86/s...309184/photo/1
    I like his update on Kate's suit here. I wonder why she's the only one drawn with an unofficial design... really nice art, though. I love Byrne's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    On the subject of attire...
    From Young Avengers Presents #6
    Attachment 99331

I think she wore it better than Clint....

I feel dumb that I never noticed how her outfit on YA Presents was a clear reference to this Clint look until very recently.

Ya, age talk is just gonna be cyclical till the next showing I guess.

On the subject of outfits tho, you all think they'll stick with the royal regalia look Teddy's got going on? I feel like it definitely further separates him from his namesake (if he ends up keeping it by the end) and it adds more flare to the plain Hawkeye-esque spandex he's got on his chest. Tho, since he's back to normal on the #5 issue and the Aftermath cover, I wonder if the double cape gets wrecked in the next issue or two lol. I hope not tbh, Edna Mode be damned bc I love a good, extra-as-hell cape!

And I wonder, if he and Billy get married, does Billy get to keep the space pajamas, or does he have to put on some royal threads as well?

Ultimate Member

And I wonder, if he and Billy get married, does Billy get to keep the space pajamas, or does he have to put on some royal threads as well?
    ***** better not bring that raggedy-ass tatty cape to a royal wedding!

On the subject of outfits tho, you all think they'll stick with the royal regalia look Teddy's got going on? I feel like it definitely further separates him from his namesake (if he ends up keeping it by the end) and it adds more flare to the plain Hawkeye-esque spandex he's got on his chest. Tho, since he's back to normal on the #5 issue and the Aftermath cover, I wonder if the double cape gets wrecked in the next issue or two lol. I hope not tbh, Edna Mode be damned bc I love a good, extra-as-hell cape!
    I like Teddy's Emperor look, but I get the feeling it won't be permanent. He could use a redesign, regardless. I definitely want him to wear a more Captain Marvel inspired look, like the ones Genis and Phyla had back when they were Captain Marvel. I actually really like the Valerio Schiti design for the new Kree/Skrull army suits (first image below), and I think Teddy should wear something that resembles it, but changing it a little so he can stand out from the others. Maybe they could take inspiration from some of the alternative designs Valerio created (second image below). I think the purple/green color scheme is great for Teddy as a hero.

I'm suing Marvel if they make either of them get married in their superhero suits. It was so lame when the heteros did it (yes, I am judging you, Mr. Fantastic), PLEASE let the gays get married with some style. But I also don't want them to get married on some boring ass looking suits. We better get jewish, cosmic, magic royal extravaganza, and looking extra is NOT an option. I've been OBSESSED with the idea of suits with fancy capes (exhibit A and exhibit B), and I would love for them to wear something like that. Gosh, they better get some queer artist with taste like Kris Anka to design their wedding outfits. I accept nothing less.

At least Kate's not in the hip hole costume
    How can you tell? Squirrel Girl's tail is covering up her hips .

Because that costume is totally purple and this one has black sections. It's definitely a different outfit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because that costume is totally purple and this one has black sections. It's definitely a different outfit.
    I get it's a redesign, I just don't think that's enough to confirm the lack of hip holes.

And now I'm suddenly thinking to myself how consistent the actual length of said holes has been...

Extraordinary Member

What’s wrong with Kate’s hip hole costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What’s wrong with Kate’s hip hole costume?
    Depends on who you ask. Some people just find it ugly. Some people like her original costume better. Some people don't like how much skin she's showing. Some people are even freaked out by how it makes it look like she's not wearing any underwear. I personally don't mind it at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Depends on who you ask. Some people just find it ugly. Some people like her original costume better. Some people don't like how much skin she's showing. Some people are even freaked out by how it makes it look like she's not wearing any underwear. I personally don't mind it at all.
    My issue...it leaves a vulnerability for someone to shoot at. She Hulk or Captain Marvel (when she wore bathing suits) have a certain level of invulnerability. Kate does not have that...either a well place or a lucky shot can incapacitate here.