Page 46 of 131 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Hello everyone!

I'm new to CBR (signed up last year but just stated posting). Young Avengers is one of my favorite Marvel properties, and I'm happy to find an active fan base for it here hope to participate. I'm excited for Empyre, and I used to be active in keeping the Wiccan and Hulkling's Wikipedia pages updated. I fell off from that, but I think this will motivate me in getting back to doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Jen Bartel's full variant cover for Emperor Hulkling. 🤩

This is pretty dope. I really like the "Emperor Hulkling" look for Teddy and Jen Bartel's work is amazing.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member

I like the freckles that have been showing up in recent Hulkling art. It's interesting that he'd have them, as a shapeshifter, since *he doesn't have to.* It suggests that he allows a certain level of his true appearance to leak out, even after growing up with different forces pressuring him to constantly use his shapeshifting powers to A) appear human, or B) look like famous people. Perhaps a side-effect of getting more comfortable in his own skin and not feeling pressured to conform to other people's wishes, during his time with Billy?

Just how powerful is Teddy's sword? What are some of its feats?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm new to CBR (signed up last year but just stated posting). Young Avengers is one of my favorite Marvel properties, and I'm happy to find an active fan base for it here hope to participate. I'm excited for Empyre, and I used to be active in keeping the Wiccan and Hulkling's Wikipedia pages updated. I fell off from that, but I think this will motivate me in getting back to doing it again.
    Welcome to the club m8!

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I read it (and really enjoyed the mini) and I was and am happy with it. As an MC2 fan I've been looking forward to seeing the 616 version of Cassie team-up with her father and I liked how the series ended.
    Right? I thought they made a good team. In Spencer's Ant-Man series we didn't see Cassie actually working alongside her dad nearly enough

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Just how powerful is Teddy's sword? What are some of its feats?
    It's some sort of ancestral magic sword only Teddy can wield, so it does the Soulsword thing where it can cut through magical beings and spells
    It's capable of killing primordial ghost cosmic echo that predates Galactus
    Teddy can also decide not to cut things with it, so he can knock people out with a slash without actually killing maiming them.

And he can summon it by calling its name.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's some sort of ancestral magic sword only Teddy can wield, so it does the Soulsword thing where it can cut through magical beings and spells
    Teddy can also decide not to cut things with it, so he can knock people out with a slash without actually killing maiming them.

Interesting and thanks for the info. I really hope Teddy is portrayed well and that he doesn't suffer from any character assassination.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    Hello everyone!

Hello and welcome to the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like the freckles that have been showing up in recent Hulkling art. It's interesting that he'd have them, as a shapeshifter, since *he doesn't have to.* It suggests that he allows a certain level of his true appearance to leak out, even after growing up with different forces pressuring him to constantly use his shapeshifting powers to A) appear human, or B) look like famous people. Perhaps a side-effect of getting more comfortable in his own skin and not feeling pressured to conform to other people's wishes, during his time with Billy?
    I'm not sure if freckles would be considered a ''leak'' of his true appearance, though, since Teddy has never really been known to have freckles. I mean, at least I don't remember him ever being drawn like this. I think this is mostly artists wanting to do something different, and it won't be something that really means anything in-universe.

I think it's been established that he can also absorb energy with the sword. And judging by some of the released panels from Empyre #2, he can also use the sword's energy to boost other people with energy-based powers, like Captain Marvel.

Oh, the sword is also VERY resistant, since we've seen a panel of him using it to stop Mjolnir. I'm dying to know all of the feats Ewing's gonna give him during Empyre! It was about time Teddy got an upgrade!

Jen Bartel's full variant cover for Emperor Hulkling. 🤩

Now this is the full intergalatic gay prince fantasy that I signed up for

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Wiccan/Hulkling & Robin/Superboy by Marcus To. You know, if we ever get that DC/Marvel crossover everyone is clamoring for these days, it would be fun to get a Young Avengers/Young Justice one.

Wiccan/Hulkling & Robin/Superboy by Marcus To. You know, if we ever get that DC/Marvel crossover everyone is clamoring for these days, it would be fun to get a Young Avengers/Young Justice one.

I find this amusing because of all the TimxConner shipping .

Keep Bendis away from them

I miss when Conner and Tim had those looks. I actually would take the Young Avengers + Young Justice cross-over and expand it to include the Champions as well as the Teen Titans. One mega teen-angst-filled DC/Marvel cross-over.

Keep Bendis away from them
    Agreed. His Young Justice series just isn't doing it for me and I don't think he would be good for Billy & Teddy, or any of the others for that matter.

Technically, that's Red Robin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman