Page 61 of 131 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yes? I mean, if Excelsior is anything like Mjolnir (and the way it was presented in New Avengers definitely made it look like it), anyone who's not ''worthy'' of it wouldn't be able to lift it in any way.
    Teddy also claimed that the sword knows friend from foe. It's possible the sword let's ally's of Teddy hold it.

Yes? I mean, if Excelsior is anything like Mjolnir (and the way it was presented in New Avengers definitely made it look like it), anyone who's not ''worthy'' of it wouldn't be able to lift it in any way.
    I don't really remember what was said in New Avengers, but Marvel wiki lists something like "Heredity Enchantment: The blade can only be wielded by descendants Dorrek Supreme's line, having an enchantment similar to Mjolnir." with NA #3 as the source. I don't like the idea of it being a "worthy" thing, first because it becomes too similar to Mjolnir and second cause I just hate the trend of giving a certain weapon or power boost to a bunch of characters when it should be exclusive to one(or some).

Besides, the issue didn't make a big deal out of Billy holding it, and he didn't actually use it either... Maybe everyone can hold it, just not use it's powers?
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-25-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Amazing Member

Its funny how the Kree, Skrulls and F4 are in awe of the sword, but Teddy's been using it as a food tray, hanging his dirty socks on it, and putting it in an umbrella holder pretty much since after NA. He used it once during War of the Realms, but most of the depictions prior to Incoming its just been another "thing" to him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't really remember what was said in New Avengers, but Marvel wiki lists something like "Heredity Enchantment: The blade can only be wielded by descendants Dorrek Supreme's line, having an enchantment similar to Mjolnir." with NA #3 as the source. I don't like the idea of it being a "worthy" thing, first because it becomes too similar to Mjolnir and second cause I just hate the trend of giving a certain weapon or power boost to a bunch of characters when it should be exclusive to one(or some).

Besides, the issue didn't make a big deal out of Billy holding it, and he didn't actually use it either... Maybe everyone can hold it, just not use it's powers?
    This sounds most reasonable. You should write them for your No-Prize...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

If everyone can hold it under any circumstance, then what happened in New Avengers makes no sense, because it was a very Excalibur-inspired moment where they had to test Teddy as the chosen one by having him remove the sword from the stone, something that, according to the Knights themselves, no one else had been able to do until that point. If anyone could just pick it up at any time, the sword wouldn't even been stuck there for that long to begin with. Like I said, I guess we'll be getting a proper explanation about this on the issue where T'Challa uses the sword.

If everyone can hold it under any circumstance, then what happened in New Avengers makes no sense, because it was a very Excalibur-inspired moment where they had to test Teddy as the chosen one by having him remove the sword from the stone, something that, according to the Knights themselves, no one else had been able to do until that point. If anyone could just pick it up at any time, the sword wouldn't even been stuck there for that long to begin with. Like I said, I guess we'll be getting a proper explanation about this on the issue where T'Challa uses the sword.
    Well, it's one thing for only one person to be able to take it out of the stone, and another for them to be the only ones able to hold it. Like Sailor Venus with her sword, actually, which is also inspired by Excalibur.

Anyways, which preview/cover has T'Challa with it?(I already hate it if it's not gonna be a "Oh, wait..." moment).

Thanks for the info about Fuse and Alloy. They seem interesting and I like their vibranium-based powers.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Go read Kelly Thompson's West Coast Avengers then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

With Marvel Boy on Guardians, and Teddy Empyring, who should take their place? I’d suggest Thunderstrike, and Water Snake
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Ultimate Member

Maybe only Teddy could 'pull the sword from the stone,' but anyone can carry it around afterwards? Perhaps also, it's powers only activate for him, but anyone can grab it up and have a (mostly indestructible) cutting and stabbing implement (that will return to Teddy's grip the second he wants it to, making it an unreliable cutting and stabbing implement...).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    With Marvel Boy on Guardians, and Teddy Empyring, who should take their place? I’d suggest Thunderstrike, and Water Snake
    Oh gosh, so many from this young generation. From the New Warriors, I did like Water Snake (and it'd be fun to have a 'Namor legacy' on the team), but would prefer Sun Girl, or even Haechi. My favorite Initiative pair were Komodo and Hardball, but they feel 'too old' for this crowd and don't feel like they'd mesh well. Maybe Armory? Fuse and Alloy, from West Coast Avengers, definitely. Finesse or Reptil or Striker from Avengers Academy? Various New X-Men, like Loa or Bling! or Indra, that Hickman isn't really using over on Krakoa.

It's an embarrassment of riches out there in teen-hero land!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh gosh, so many from this young generation. From the New Warriors, I did like Water Snake (and it'd be fun to have a 'Namor legacy' on the team), but would prefer Sun Girl, or even Haechi. My favorite Initiative pair were Komodo and Hardball, but they feel 'too old' for this crowd and don't feel like they'd mesh well. Maybe Armory? Fuse and Alloy, from West Coast Avengers, definitely. Finesse or Reptil or Striker from Avengers Academy? Various New X-Men, like Loa or Bling! or Indra, that Hickman isn't really using over on Krakoa.

It's an embarrassment of riches out there in teen-hero land!
    It seems like...aside from Dust...they aren't let out of the X-Office to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Skaar and White Tiger would be nice additions. They both pack a ton of power and have some interesting backstories. I think Kristoff Vernard would also be a great addition to the team. He can definitely fill the role of team frenemy and has access to ancient magic and advanced tech with the super-genius to back it all up.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Skaar and White Tiger would be nice additions. They both pack a ton of power and have some interesting backstories. I think Kristoff Vernard would also be a great addition to the team. He can definitely fill the role of team frenemy and has access to ancient magic and advanced tech with the super-genius to back it all up.

I would love to see him around more...and have a unique armor but keep the flat green/gray color scheme of Doctor Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would love to see him around more...and have a unique armor but keep the flat green/gray color scheme of Doctor Doom.
    I too would like to see him appear more in the comics. I also would like for him to have his own unique personalized armor, but keep the green/gray color scheme as a means to connecting him to Latveria/Doom.

I think he would fit perfectly with the Young Avenger's. His powers/abilities make him a nice mix of Iron Lad and Wiccan. Plus he has access to vast wealth and resources. Him being a member of the team can also bring about some nice drama/tension between him and the other heroes.
    Last edited by nj06; 07-25-2020 at 08:58 PM.