Page 121 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1963
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I just meant like, we wouldn't have any ''worst case scenario'', you know? People were freaking out about Hailee being cast as Kate and look, we survived. Some fans even changed their minds after the set pics came out.

Oh, speaking of set pics, we have our first look at costumed Hakweye. I'm... not really sure what to feel. I think I would be more excited if we hadn't seen an extremely comics-accurate concept art beforehand, so my expectations were kinda high. It doesn't look bad, but it seems a little basic compared to the concept art. I like the purple, but wish they would've added the color to the pants and shoes as well. Let Kate be purple from head to toe, dammit! I also wish they would've added the purple headband/goggles, which became kind of visual trademarks for Kate. Hopefully her design will evolve from that (I mean, it probably will, 'cause they need to sell different toys with each movie/show LOL).
    Feeling like that might be a pre-suit up costume, if that makes sense. Like, very DIY "I'm a rich girl, but also a vigilante so I'm gonna go out in a purple jacket and pants to hide all that!" vibes. Maybe like, an episode 2-4 costume that evolves into the Kate we know and love in episodes 5-6. This actually gives me some hope that Kate's at least been active as *something* before or during her encounter and adventures with Clint.

I just meant like, we wouldn't have any ''worst case scenario'', you know? People were freaking out about Hailee being cast as Kate and look, we survived. Some fans even changed their minds after the set pics came out.

Oh, speaking of set pics, we have our first look at costumed Hakweye. I'm... not really sure what to feel. I think I would be more excited if we hadn't seen an extremely comics-accurate concept art beforehand, so my expectations were kinda high. It doesn't look bad, but it seems a little basic compared to the concept art. I like the purple, but wish they would've added the color to the pants and shoes as well. Let Kate be purple from head to toe, dammit! I also wish they would've added the purple headband/goggles, which became kind of visual trademarks for Kate. Hopefully her design will evolve from that (I mean, it probably will, 'cause they need to sell different toys with each movie/show LOL).
    I'm guessing it's like a prototype costume kind of thing like the Spider-Man homemade outfit, the ones the Defenders characters had, etc. She'll definetely get a more refined costume later, if not on this then on whatever she's showing up next(...Like a Young Avengers show ).

Soooooooo, a certain wedded pair are mentioned in S.W.O.R.D., and the reason why they were mentioned concerns a drama I have been waiting for to be addressed! And am so glad someone like Al Ewing is hopefully going to address more. Also, this might concern Tommy and David as well, considering what was mentioned!

And if you do want spoilers, what I mean is that:

spoilers:
    In today's premiere issue of S.W.O.R.D., the ambassador sent by the alliance to Krakoa's SWORD space station is asked if Teddy might visit, buttttt, it is pointed out that Krakoa made Wanda (aka his mother in law) an enemy of the state, and that Teddy finds it a "great shame" they think that. Meaning, Billy, Teddy, and most likely Tommy know what's up with this Pretender crap (we also get Magneto calling her that, but he made an interesting face in it, so we'll see what he really thinks, hmm). Could be interesting politically, as well as what it might mean for Thinkfast! Oh the drammaaaaa
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 12-09-2020 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Feeling like that might be a pre-suit up costume, if that makes sense. Like, very DIY "I'm a rich girl, but also a vigilante so I'm gonna go out in a purple jacket and pants to hide all that!" vibes. Maybe like, an episode 2-4 costume that evolves into the Kate we know and love in episodes 5-6. This actually gives me some hope that Kate's at least been active as *something* before or during her encounter and adventures with Clint.
    Yeah, Clint's not in a costume either so I doubt this is the "final" look for either of them since they'll probably want them both in-costume for the climax.

Soooooooo, a certain wedded pair are mentioned in S.W.O.R.D., and the reason why they were mentioned concerns a drama I have been waiting for to be addressed! And am so glad someone like Al Ewing is hopefully going to address more. Also, this might concern Tommy and David as well, considering what was mentioned!

spoilers:
    In today's premiere issue of S.W.O.R.D., the ambassador sent by the alliance to Krakoa's SWORD space station is asked if Teddy might visit, buttttt, it is pointed out that Krakoa made Wanda (aka his mother in law) an enemy of the state, and that Teddy finds it a "great shame" they think that. Meaning, Billy, Teddy, and most likely Tommy know what's up with this Pretender crap (we also get Magneto calling her that, but he made an interesting face in it, so we'll see what he really thinks, hmm). Could be interesting politically, as well as what it might mean for Thinkfast! Oh the drammaaaaa
    end of spoilers
    I still think Tommy might have accidentally killed David this is getting juicy!!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I've BEEN saying that Teddy wouldn't side with Krakoa over the Wanda thing, so I'm glad that Ewing validated me by making this canon. It's totally in character for him, though. There is no way Teddy wouldn't put his family before any politics. And that's on being a good HUSBAND!

As for Magneto, I didn't really sense anything too weird about him when he called Wanda Pretender. I think he had a smirk on his face, so maybe he was being sarcastic? I couldn't help but notice that he looked MAD when the ambassador pointed out that Teddy disagreed with Krakoa in regards to Wanda. It's honestly gonna be fun to watch if they clash over this.
    end of spoilers

And yes, I'm also really glad Ewing is the one writing this. He actually seems to care about all characters involved, so the odds of character assassination are lessened like that. I'm not sure if I would trust any other X-writer with this particular story. Maybe Tini, since we know she likes Billy and Teddy. But I'm not so sure how she feels about Wanda...

How much of the Wanda thing is Teddy though I have to assume it's mostly Billy in his ear with government officials/advisors probably wanting to collaborate.

spoilers:
    I've BEEN saying that Teddy wouldn't side with Krakoa over the Wanda thing, so I'm glad that Ewing validated me by making this canon. It's totally in character for him, though. There is no way Teddy wouldn't put his family before any politics. And that's on being a good HUSBAND!

As for Magneto, I didn't really sense anything too weird about him when he called Wanda Pretender. I think he had a smirk on his face, so maybe he was being sarcastic? I couldn't help but notice that he looked MAD when the ambassador pointed out that Teddy disagreed with Krakoa in regards to Wanda. It's honestly gonna be fun to watch if they clash over this.
    end of spoilers

And yes, I'm also really glad Ewing is the one writing this. He actually seems to care about all characters involved, so the odds of character assassination are lessened like that. I'm not sure if I would trust any other X-writer with this particular story. Maybe Tini, since we know she likes Billy and Teddy. But I'm not so sure how she feels about Wanda...
    Tini likes Wanda, she even posted a cosplay she did of her when she was younger and joked about how she'd be like "Omg iconic" when the mutants in Krakoa talked about the **** she pulled lol(I've been wanting her to write Billy like that ever since lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    How much of the Wanda thing is Teddy though I have to assume it's mostly Billy in his ear with government officials/advisors probably wanting to collaborate.
    I prefer to think Teddy would just inherently be considerate of Billy's feelings.

spoilers:
    We know SWORD will come to help the Alliance when the Avengers don't, so hopefully Teddy puts on his big boy plants and just accepts that the Decimation=bad and the mutants have every reason to hate Wanda, but having strong allies is more important than Billy's feelings for his "ghost mother"
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Tini likes Wanda, she even posted a cosplay she did of her when she was younger and joked about how she'd be like "Omg iconic" when the mutants in Krakoa talked about the **** she pulled lol(I've been wanting her to write Billy like that ever since lol).
    I didn't know that about Tini. It's nice to hear she likes Wanda. And god, can you imagine Billy tweeting a fancam along with the caption ''maybe if mutants did this, M-Day wouldn't have happened''? LMAO. Ok, no... Billy is too nice for that. I actually think Tommy would be the most likely twin to make some politically incorrect joke about the subject and get cancelled on the internet.

I prefer to think Teddy would just inherently be considerate of Billy's feelings.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    spoilers:
    We know SWORD will come to help the Alliance when the Avengers don't, so hopefully Teddy puts on his big boy plants and just accepts that the Decimation=bad and the mutants have every reason to hate Wanda, but having strong allies is more important than Billy's feelings for his "ghost mother"
    end of spoilers
    See that's the thing I don't think this is just about Wanda for Teddy

spoilers:
    yeah I'm sure Billy's feelings/being in his ear play a huge part in it but alliance with Krakoa fine Wanda's an enemy of the state Billy is potentially more dangerous than Wanda, and likely to snap just as hard I'm sure that's at the back of everyone's minds including Krakoa
    end of spoilers

I didn't know that about Tini. It's nice to hear she likes Wanda. And god, can you imagine Billy tweeting a fancam along with the caption ''maybe if mutants did this, M-Day wouldn't have happened''? LMAO. Ok, no... Billy is too nice for that. I actually think Tommy would be the most likely twin to make some politically incorrect joke about the subject and get cancelled on the internet.

Same.
    Billy has a smart ass mouth, and royal protection I could see him being the Krakoa troll lol. Tommy I'm questioning his stance on all this with his boyfriend being so actively involved with a government that hates his mother and likely him by association that's too juicy not to be addressed!

BANNED

im 100 % sure like the twins not being mutants, thinkfast will be quickly ignored by the x-office as david has his own story and conections to handle.

I'm pretty sure that they're friendly with Krakoa, otherwise Paibok wouldn't have been sent. It's just that they probably won't pay a visit anytime soon cause of the whole Wanda situation. Which also begs the question, will Al be the one to undo the retcon and reconnect the Maximoff-Minimoff-Lehnsherr family line? Given Al and his love of continuity (more specifically, making continuity work for him) I could see SWORD's shenanigans leading to the reversal of the retcon, especially since they're dealing with reality/dimensional travel, right?
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 12-09-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    im 100 % sure like the twins not being mutants, thinkfast will be quickly ignored by the x-office as david has his own story and conections to handle.
    Well the first part was never confirmed but go off, as for the second part I'm cool with that I find David exhausting eitherway *shrugs* Thinkfast gives him something