Page 34 of 131 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Is this Black Panther? Or that Empyre tie In Attack on Wakanda? The latter is the only reason I could see him being there either way great to see him suited up again. And wow Fury's not the Watcher anymore?
    Acuña art, so Black Panther.

Fury Sr. is the Watcher, his son Nick Fury Jr. is just a random secret agent

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Fury Sr. is the Watcher, his son Nick Fury Jr. is just a random secret agent
    I keep forgetting he exists .

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What the hell, Miles? Why is he there with his mask off in a big crowd like that? Way to blow the secret identity!
    I was gonna bring up the possibility of it being a black solidarity thing, but then you have Night Thrasher and White Tiger (at least I think that's White Tiger) all covered up from head to toe, so, yeah, I'm not sure what he was thinking there. It might end up being a Hannah Montana: The Movie scenario, in which he reveals his identity to Wakanda and everyone there unrealistically promises to keep it a secret from the rest of the world.

Is this Black Panther? Or that Empyre tie In Attack on Wakanda? The latter is the only reason I could see him being there either way great to see him suited up again. And wow Fury's not the Watcher anymore?
    It's definitely from the BP book; Coates posted this on his IG and said so himself. It's from issue 23, btw. I'm really curious to see how much of Eli he'll be writing, since he wanted to write Josiah X for the BP & The Crew book but was told no at the time (probably because the ''ban'' was still on). Now he's finally writing a Bradley, so maybe he can do what he couldn't before.

And yeah, I agree that it's nice to see that Eli is still suiting up. I just hope that when he officially comes back in a YA book or as a part of the regular cast of any other book, he'll get a re-branding. I think it's time for him to grow past the Patriot identity.

I don’t expect Eli to do much, if only because Coates is wrapping things up at 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And yeah, I agree that it's nice to see that Eli is still suiting up. I just hope that when he officially comes back in a YA book or as a part of the regular cast of any other book, he'll get a re-branding. I think it's time for him to grow past the Patriot identity.
    I am wondering if they've simply got rid of the other Patriot, Rayshaun Lucas. He was one of three Champions members who didn't show up in Outlawed #1, thus implying he's left the team. If the Marvel Rising cartoon has finished, then there's no longer a reason to push him - freeing up the Patriot name for Eli to regularly use again.

If Eli did change his codename, what would you have him rebrand to?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I am wondering if they've simply got rid of the other Patriot, Rayshaun Lucas. He was one of three Champions members who didn't show up in Outlawed #1, thus implying he's left the team. If the Marvel Rising cartoon has finished, then there's no longer a reason to push him - freeing up the Patriot name for Eli to regularly use again.

If Eli did change his codename, what would you have him rebrand to?
    I would not be shocked if Rayshaun just disappeared. It always seemed to me like he was created to replace Eli back when Marvel thought they wouldn't use him again. And now that they can do that, a lot of writers would probably just gravitate towards Eli more because he is more known/beloved. It's a pity, but it's just the way comic books go. Not every new character gets to stick around.

As for Eli getting a rebrand, I've said this before, but I think it would be interesting for him to go towards a more Nomad-like identity. Not necessarily calling or dressing himself exactly as the Nomad, but something that evokes a similar feeling of when Cap went Nomad. Something less idealistic and more rebellious. I think it would fit Eli a lot, specially during the current political times.

Astonishing Member

If we do get another Young Avengers book I kind of hope they go back to following the Legacies route.

I just hope the next YA book focuses on the underused members of the team, Tommy, and Eli both could be stars if given a chance to shine.

Astonishing Member

I just hope the next YA book focuses on the underused members of the team, Tommy, and Eli both could be stars if given a chance to shine.
    Should start out with the seven used for most of the first run and give the four not really used for the second each a staring arc before moving in newer characters, or have just those 4 and some newer characters join maybe younger heroes who haven't been given also a chance to shine.

I have to say, when I finally read YA after hearing about it for years, I was surprised to see how small of an element in the grand scheme was.

Anyone else see today's report that Feige and Marvel Studios are searching for someone to write a YA Disney+ script?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

2 people were complaining about Carlos Gomez's MAC designs on Twitter. Buncha nitwits.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I keep forgetting he exists .
    So does Marvel.
    "Cable was right!"

Unsurprisingly, Kate will appear in America Chavez: MITUSA. I notice this new article describes the book as an ongoing now, even though they had previously reported that it was a mini. I wonder if that was a mistake or if something changed.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/04...rt-first-look/

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Anyone else see today's report that Feige and Marvel Studios are searching for someone to write a YA Disney+ script?
    I just searched for this, fully expecting it to be some random rumor from We Got This Covered, but it turned out to be a scoop from a somewhat reliable source. This is exciting! Let's hope it's true and see what comes out of it.

I'm hoping they'll reach out to Allan Heinberg. I really wanted him to be the showrunner or writer for a YA show/movie, but I'm not sure if he can right now due to his commitment to Sandman. Can screenwriters even work at both DC and Marvel projects simultaneously? I'm not sure if there's some rule about that. Oh well, I would at least settle for him being a consultant or something.

Looks like they messed up. When they said ongoing, they linked to an older article that calls it a limited series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman