Page 64 of 131 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Amadeus and Cassie hanging out again now that she's alive and he's Brawn
    I had no idea Cassie had hung out with so many people, having friendships with Kristoff Vernard, and Amadeus Cho, for instance, so, yeah, I would like to have that explored more!

Power Man and Prodigy, Vic gets power from knowledge and David's power IS knowledge
    As long as David wears his new costume, because for the longest time I could not tell those two apart. Power Man, whom I'd never heard of until later on in Mighty Avengers, would show up on covers or in splash scenes in Avengers Academy, and I kept wondering why David was there, and yet not mentioned anywhere in the book, or his past with X-23 mentioned, since they'd been on the same team, and she seemed to be utterly ignoring him here.

Yeah, Amadeus was on the Mighty Avengers alongside Cassie and Jonas, during Dark Reign. By that point Cassie had managed to acquire one of Scott's helmets (it helped that the team leader was Hank Pym), which she let Amadeus use, as he had no powers (he was only on the team because he was Hercules' sidekick).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Co-signed. As for their apartment, it was apparently back on Emperor Hulkling! We got a glimpse of the same balcony with the rainbow flag that we saw back on War Scrolls. I don't think they ever moved. It was just Death's Head/Strikeforce/Incoming! that, for some unexplained reason, portrayed their place differently.
    I'm a terrible person and choose not to acknowledge (eep) the Death's Head stuff. Sorry y'all.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm a terrible person and choose not to acknowledge (eep) the Death's Head stuff. Sorry y'all.
    Well, it's not like Anthony and Chip acknowledged it either. I was wondering what the hell happened to Vee, since he was living with Billy and Teddy by the end of Death's Head. I hope it's something that's explained, even if just to say he moved out. Billy and Teddy having a robot roommate is kind of a big deal to ignore.

Teddy's insecurities in the Lords of Empyre story mirror the insecurities that Billy had in Death's Head, they are both massively powerful so they should be important heroes. But for whatever reason they were out of the spotlight for too long, so they both felt anxious that they weren't living up to their full potential

I'm sorry but Deathshead is probably one of my favorite Billy appearances, he was just a hot ass mess throughout that run, the living embodiment of, "Wanda Junior" and it was hysterical to me, and the fact Teddy still loves him despite the disaster he is!!! Mwah *Chef's Kiss* Perfection and funny.

Some people on DC Reddit are describing Deadshot's daughter Zoe in the Suicide Squad comic as having "Kate Bishop" vibes.

EDIT: Wow, they weren't kidding.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/firs...icide-squad-7/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-28-2020 at 01:06 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Some people on DC Reddit are describing Deadshot's daughter Zoe in the Suicide Squad comic as having "Kate Bishop" vibes.

EDIT: Wow, they weren't kidding.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/firs...icide-squad-7/
    Hmm...

- Shades

- Bow and arrow

- Black hair

- Dog sidekick

Yeah, Taylor had to have known what he was doing here. Although it makes her look more like a Green Arrow knockoff in-universe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...

- Shades

- Bow and arrow

- Black hair

- Dog sidekick

Yeah, Taylor had to have known what he was doing here. Although it makes her look more like a Green Arrow knockoff in-universe.
    But did Kate have a half baby brother who was killed by rival villains like Zoe had.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But did Kate have a half baby brother who was killed by rival villains like Zoe had.
    Well, she does have an older sister she apparently never talks to...

I'll take the L for being ignorant but can someone explain the Kate Bishop is Asian controversy on Twitter? Did I miss something in the comics?
    Last edited by 9th.; 07-29-2020 at 12:38 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'll take the L for being ignorant but can someone explain the Late Bishop is Asian controversy on Twitter? Did I miss something in the comics?
    No. People started headcano-ing her as asian because... They thought she looked asian on the Hawkeye run? It's dumb.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'll take the L for being ignorant but can someone explain the Late Bishop is Asian controversy on Twitter? Did I miss something in the comics?
    Oh god, this again? I thought we were over it... but Twitter never disappoints. It's specially funny when her asian co-creator has stated he never thought of her as asian.

Oh ok thanks for the response yall, I thought I was crazy for a second. Her being Asian never crossed my mind at any point until now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Prodigy had a tremendous showing in X-Factor y'all.
    Definitely check it out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, it's not like Anthony and Chip acknowledged it either.
    Anthony & Chip: My boys.