Page 124 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1963

Kathryn Newton who just got cast as Cassie is also 23. America is the outlier, not Kate/Hailee.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Kathryn Newton who just got cast as Cassie is also 23. America is the outlier, not Kate/Hailee.
    If I may also bring up -- since Cassie was recast, its very possible that America may get recast if/when a Young Avengers situation actually comes into play.

Either way, I'm very excited.

I wonder if they'll still do "Nate" in a sense just instead of having him assume the Iron Lad identity they'll just initially present him as a time traveller trying to stop Kang until part way through the movie its revealed he's a younger version of Kang.

I do understand the practicality of them merging Young Avengers/Champions but I have formed a bit of attachment to both groups so knowing that certain characters will be gone or won't be onscreen with their team mates is disappointing, such is adaptions though.

Also it does ironically enough seem pretty female heavy so far (considering in both iterations there was only 2 girls and a bunch of guys), I wonder if Disney wanting to market this less as teen Avengers and more as semi-Aforce like those Marvel Rising cartoons. I think an even gender split would be fairer but a group of 10 probably too big for a starting line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    If I may also bring up -- since Cassie was recast, its very possible that America may get recast if/when a Young Avengers situation actually comes into play.

Either way, I'm very excited.
    I thought about that too... But to me it makes more sense that Emma got cast on a minor role when Young Avengers wasn't actualy(officially) on the table, and all the current casting is already done with it in mind. So it'd be weird to have another recast now.

Also... I've just been thinking about how Madison Reyes from JATP would've been perfect for American if they were looking for a younger(but not too young) America. She's also Puerto Rican, darker skinned, and 2 years older than Xochitl. I'm sad.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I was reading reactions and theories on social media and even here last night, and I can't help but scratch my head at people, when referring to MCU YA, saying "maybe Hulkling too" or some iteration of that phrase, as if Teddy was an afterthought and not one of the main three members of the team and now married to a guaranteed-to-show character. Considering Billy's a given, in what realm would Disney/Marvel invite the disaster PR of splitting up their most prominent gay couple in the move from page to big screen?

It makes absolutely no sense to only do Billy, and with Secret Invasion and Kree vs Skrill seemingly the background conflict of phase 4/5, Teddy is perfectly set and capable to appear anywhere from now to CM2! Even if they're not A-listers, marrying them this year made some noise, and I don't think, besides weirdo incels and biggots, any normal person, upon hearing that, would agree doing one and not the other is ok, especially with the crap gay rep (read NO rep besides Joe Russo) of the MCU.

And on the Champions vs YA thing, I actually think they'll be called Young Avengers, at least initially. Even if they're a legacy team, anything with Avengers in the title gets some hype, and I think they'd want to give the property a running start. My feeling is that they do YA with a conjoined team, but somewhere down the line (perhaps during a Children's Crusade adaptation) the team splits, leaving YA, but also having Kamala and Riri form the Champions. That way, you get best of both worlds. Granted this is a far fetched theory and hope, so there's like a 1% chance of this happening, but I think it could fit given how the Champion's formed in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    This. I also expect the team to be called Champion and not Young Avengers when it does eventually come along. Miles will eventually appear and join as well.
    Like I said, Spidey belongs to Sony. There's no guarantee they can still use Peter after the third Spider-Man movie, let alone Miles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It'd probably be legally complicated (and would require a new deal with Sony) but getting Miles in a show wouldn't be necessarily impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I was reading reactions and theories on social media and even here last night, and I can't help but scratch my head at people, when referring to MCU YA, saying "maybe Hulkling too" or some iteration of that phrase, as if Teddy was an afterthought and not one of the main three members of the team and now married to a guaranteed-to-show character. Considering Billy's a given, in what realm would Disney/Marvel invite the disaster PR of splitting up their most prominent gay couple in the move from page to big screen?

It makes absolutely no sense to only do Billy, and with Secret Invasion and Kree vs Skrill seemingly the background conflict of phase 4/5, Teddy is perfectly set and capable to appear anywhere from now to CM2! Even if they're not A-listers, marrying them this year made some noise, and I don't think, besides weirdo incels and biggots, any normal person, upon hearing that, would agree doing one and not the other is ok, especially with the crap gay rep (read NO rep besides Joe Russo) of the MCU.

And on the Champions vs YA thing, I actually think they'll be called Young Avengers, at least initially. Even if they're a legacy team, anything with Avengers in the title gets some hype, and I think they'd want to give the property a running start. My feeling is that they do YA with a conjoined team, but somewhere down the line (perhaps during a Children's Crusade adaptation) the team splits, leaving YA, but also having Kamala and Riri form the Champions. That way, you get best of both worlds. Granted this is a far fetched theory and hope, so there's like a 1% chance of this happening, but I think it could fit given how the Champion's formed in the comics.
    I think they're just talking like that because of how Kate/Cassie/America(and to an extent Billy/Tommy) are already confirmed to be in the MCU while Teddy isn't. Like yeah there's a rumor he'll be in WandaVision but it's nothing certain. We need to remember that while it's looking more and more obvious, it isn't even confirmed that Young Avengers is happening.

I agree though that with SW, CM2, etc, it all seems to be coming together.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://twitter.com/itsjustanx/statu...52322360000514

The fact that this is the only thing we got for the twins in the last WV trailer..... Marvel not seeing heaven for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Emma seemed to be really interested in being Cassie, so I feel bad for her. Though, I've been seeing on twitter that's she's in college right now, so the recast may be a combo of Emma wanting to focus on school and Marvel wanting a bigger name since Cassie's probably gonna get a lot more spotlight. Katheryn's been fun from the stuff I've seen her in, she has that Cassie spunk lol.
    I didn't know that about Emma. I guess that explains why she isn't back for the role.

And tbh, I'm fully expecting Riri to take Nate's place. And perhaps even Kamala taking Jonas' place seeing as Tommy's gonna be there from the start. That being said, that makes a potential MCU YA female heavy to start with Kate, Cassie, Riri, Kamala AND America. Outside of them, you'd have Billy and Teddy, Tommy, and maybe Eli if Isaiah shows up in FATW. I know one of the more reliable scoopers have said YA is focused on a comics accurate Volume 1 team, but seeing Riri getting a show has me doubting that now.
    The idea of Kamala replacing Jonas doesn't sit right with me, 'cause like... it's not like she can really fill the space a character like that would leave. Riri replacing Nate makes SOME sense considering they are both Iron Man legacies, but losing Jonas to get Ms. Marvel is just... I don't know, it feels out of place. If we're gonna get a Champion to replace Jonas, the least they could do is adapt Viv. That way, they could even reference the Cassie/Jonas relationship, since Viv is a lesbian and, let's be real, there is no way Marvel would let Kamala be queer.

I really feel like Kamala doesn't need the Young Avengers. She's a character with much more solo potential than any of them, so she'll be fine on her own show and being a guest in other productions every now and then. I think what draws people to Kamala is just the simplicity of her stories and her connection to her family/culture/faith. I don't think there would be a lot of space for that to be fleshed out in a YA production, specially considering it likely wouldn't take place in New Jersey. So she would just be... there. I don't think her fans would be getting much out of it, and neither would YA fans, since that spot could go to someone we care about that needs it more than her.

As for Tommy being there from the start.... we don't really know that. I mean, we have NO IDEA how they're planning to explain Billy and Tommy's transition from WandaVision to the rest of the MCU world. We don't even know if those versions of the characters are gonna make it out alive by the end of the show. I think the idea of Billy and Tommy being separated and having to find their way to each other and find out their origins together is a pretty important part of their dynamic during Heinberg's run, so I could see the MCU adapting that by separating them in the MCU too. So it is possible that they wouldn't join the YA at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, someone said in the Champions thread that they seemed to be setting up both teams... but I don't think they are. Miles, Sam, Amadeus and Nadia all have barriers blocking their use (Spidey belongs to Sony, MCU Nova Corps don't have powers, Universal still has Hulk movie rights and introducing Amadeus in She-Hulk would be odd, and Nadia is a comic counterpart to the adult Hope Van Dyne). I do think that Kamala and Riri will be Young Avengers, replacing Iron Lad and Jonas - and it looks like America replaces Patriot.
    America replacing Patriot also doesn't sit right with me. Like, let's maybe NOT erase the only black founding member of the team and how important the backstory of the Bradley family is to the Captain America lore. It would just be a bad move. America is a ''patriotic'' character only in design. She can't really replace what Eli represents.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    This. I also expect the team to be called Champion and not Young Avengers when it does eventually come along. Miles will eventually appear and join as well.
    We've been through this. Every single insider and scooper says they hear Young Avengers is in development, not Champions. Charles Murphy, who just weeks ago rightfully reported he heard Ironheart was moving forward, still has ''Young Avengers'' listed on his website as a project that's in early development for Marvel. And Charles is a no BS guy; if he thought Marvel was doing Champions, he would've said so by now. Maybe things could change in the future, but as of now, there is zero evidence they are prioritizing the Champions name over YA.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I wonder if they'll still do "Nate" in a sense just instead of having him assume the Iron Lad identity they'll just initially present him as a time traveller trying to stop Kang until part way through the movie its revealed he's a younger version of Kang.
    I thought about that and, honestly... I think it could work. This way you do a comics accurate origin story for the YA in the MCU and you don't have to worry about Iron Lad feeling redundant because of Ironheart. I've always said that the reason why Nate is important to me as a Young Avenger fan is not because of Iron Lad himself (he was a pretty forgettable member, after all), but because of how crucial he is to the origin of the team. So if they can use him to tell that origin in the MCU, I don't even care that he wouldn't be wearing a suit of armor or anything like that. He would serve his role.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-11-2020 at 11:33 AM.

The casting of America Chavez isn't bad. Do people forget that people get older with time? I don't see the Young Avengers happening/forming for a few years so she'll will be older when it happens.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    The casting of America Chavez isn't bad. Do people forget that people get older with time? I don't see the Young Avengers happening/forming for a few years so she'll will be older when it happens.
    I think people are weirded out because of the age gap that it creates between MAC and the other YA members. That changes her dynamic with the team. She suddenly becomes the Molly Hayes of the group, and that is just not what most YA fans want from America. And that's not even getting into other stuff like how AmeriKate is a very popular ship and the fact that there is a 10-year gap between the actresses who play them in the MCU obviously makes things uncomfortable. And even if you don't ship them romantically, odds are their friendship can never really be the same thing it is in the comics because of that age gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think people are weirded out because of the age gap that it creates between MAC and the other YA members. That changes her dynamic with the team. She suddenly becomes the Molly Hayes of the group, and that is just not what most YA fans want from America. And that's not even getting into other stuff like how AmeriKate is a very popular ship and the fact that there is a 10-year gap between the actresses who play them in the MCU obviously makes things uncomfortable. And even if you don't ship them romantically, odds are their friendship can never really be the same thing it is in the comics because of that age gap.
    That is fair. I have yet to read the Gillen run so I'm no as educated in the whole story so apologies about that. I do think that we will be getting a different form of the Young Avengers so things like dynamics might be switched up. They could easily do a recast though if she's from a multiverse and comes back or something. I just want them to announce Billy and Teddy (and Tommy!)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Meanwhile, Robert Downey Jr and Captain America are 16 years apart.

Mark Ruffalo and Scarlet Johansson are 17 years apart.

Fans are crazy.

I hope fans won’t have a conniption when Sony casts the actress for Jessica Drew and she’s not close to Brie Larsen’s age.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 12-11-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Look at what Kathryn Newton liked on twitter...

Capture.jpg

also this is really good account to follow MCU Young Avengers news: https://twitter.com/YAvengersNews

I'm excited for how the Young Avengers are shaping out. And although I'm sad of Emma Fuhrmann, I think recasting for Cassie makes Marvel seem more serious about the role the YA will have moving forward. Also, I agree with the frustration people are having with the lack of Billy/Tommy, but we do know they are coming and hopefully are being kept hush hush because they have a significant narrative focus they don't want to spoil for the show.

Kathryn Newton's casting also opens up the potential casting for slightly older actors and more household names (rumor before was they were going for actual teens) and I know people will disagree, but I hope it isn't Troye Sivan - I just have not enjoyed his acting. Not sure who I would cast for the twins now though as my top picks are relative unknowns.

Did anyone pick up on the "complicated legacy" of Captain America's shield in the Falcon and Winter Soldier tease? History of the Bradley family otw? I predicted the Nick Fury show before, and I think Teddy will definitely be popping up here (if not already in WandaVision).

On the Xochitl front, I don't mind the age difference, although not ideal. Plus we don't know if shes going to punch through a portal at the end of DS2 and come back aged up later.