Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Young Avengers Appreciation 2020

New year, new thread, and while there's still no new book, at least this time we KNOW the team members are getting used!

Young Avengers Assemble!

Roster, original team:
    Hawkeye, Kate Bishop
    Wiccan, Billy Kaplan, formerly Asgardian
    Hulkling, Teddy Altman
    Speed, Tommy Shepherd
    Stinger, Cassie Lang, formerly Stature
    Iron Lad, Nathaniel Richards
    Vision, Jonas
    Patriot, Eli Bradley

New members, volume 2:
    Ms America Chavez
    Loki Laufeyson
    Marvel Boy, Noh-Varr
    Prodigy, David Alleyne
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Happy New Year! I was trying to find some piece of art featuring everyone who's been a member to post on the first page and found this cuteness:

(I'm assuming that's a Cris-Art fanart. The watermark was cut out and I couldn't find the original anywhere, but it looks like her work)

Also, Twitter brought this to my attention: https://twitter.com/Hulking_ebooks/s...11475322105857

I guess this is the closest thing we have to Young Avengers merch these days, isn't it?

Happy New Year!

Great things ahead for our YAs, I can feel it!

Loving Strikeforce with Billy and cautiously optimistic about Teddy role in the upcoming Empyre, I mean they're already employing the fake-out early with the notion of him turning bad right at the start so they wouldn't have him really go full Civil War Tony/Carol dictator mode half way through for the sake contrived drama right?... right?

At the very least it's good they're finally expanding on that prophecy after all these years and giving Teddy a story to call his own, I've always liked him and Billy but felt they were too defined as a couple and not enough as their own individuals, with Teddy getting much shorter end of the stick in that regard.

It's actually one of the things I'm grateful for in the MCU as since they'll likely be introduced separately they'll actually need to be developed by themselves first and the journey of how they fell in love with each other be something actually depicted.

Hopefully the rumours of new YA title prove true though like others I'm not sure about them potentially having it be a mix of them and Champions, I mean I'm eager to see Viv meet and have significant interaction with Billy and Tommy but it sounds like a recipe that'll leave fans of both teams ultimately disappointed as you can't have everyone.

Also I'm really starting to worry Eli will ultimately be excluded from the MCU at this point, almost everyone else is either confirmed or rumored but the show we all expected he'd debut in is well into production with no casting news.

I just hope if it is it's mainly do to the right issue regarding the Bradley family name but a part of me suspects Disney just wants to sidestep a story that involves black kid and drug abuse or sadly more likely find Eli's anger and his tendency to call-out America's racist history and systematic discrimination of black people "the wrong message for black America".

To qoute Orlando Jones after his recent firing from American Gods when his character Mr. Nancy was removed due to having similar tendencies.
    Last edited by walk; 01-01-2020 at 10:34 AM.

The announcement of Outlawed all but rebuked any suggestion of a YA Champions merger, because Eve Ewing immediately confirmed it was a new take on the Champions. So the established Champs aren't joining the YAs.

And they might just not want two patriotic themed characters on a MCU YA team and have gone with America Chavez instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The announcement of Outlawed all but rebuked any suggestion of a YA Champions merger, because Eve Ewing immediately confirmed it was a new take on the Champions. So the established Champs aren't joining the YAs.

And they might just not want two patriotic themed characters on a MCU YA team and have gone with America Chavez instead.
    Isn't Outlaw just the event though? we still don't actually know what book or books will spin-off out of it or who will be on what but like I said "Why not both?"

Also in what world would Chavez be considered a member of the Captain America family or be an equivalent to Eli in terms of role or power-set, she has nothing to do with any of the associated characters, if Eli was to be replaced it'd likely be by Rayshuan Lucas.

Though with my luck it would be her if it was someone I guess, can someone explain the appeal of Ms. Chavez to me as I've read both YJ volume 2 and the Ultimates and still just do not like this character.

She seems to be just a walking sterotype of "Spicy Latina"/tough girl with little else to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Happy New Year! I was trying to find some piece of art featuring everyone who's been a member to post on the first page and found this cuteness:

(I'm assuming that's a Cris-Art fanart. The watermark was cut out and I couldn't find the original anywhere, but it looks like her work)
    Yep that's Cris-Art, she amusingly had a whole narrative to go along with it, how the team were all real world actors portraying themselves on tv with backstories into their personal lives and careers and everything, it took me there.

I actually became a Pateron of hers recently and I'm still working through her vast collection, feels like Marvel should hire her already after all her years of devotion.