Page 103 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1963
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Since Eli has been seen again, what has happened to the other Patriot stand in? Is he getting a new Super-hero name? I liked his costume and all, but I’m more of an Eli fan and I’m digging the fact that they are apparently bringing him out of limbo.
    IIRC the other Patriot appeared at the tail end of the first issue of the new Champions Outlawed series. Unfortunately, it seems like Marvel 80 has been the only reappearance of Eli's that's had him actually talking and interacting with everyone (that I know of). Hopefully, we get more appearances from him that actually have some substance and aren't just cameos. Wonder if there's still some behind the scene's issues holding back his consistent usage, or if Marvel is just waiting for the MCU iteration of the team to be more concrete before giving the team a series again (or even if they're just giving enough space for Champions to have its run before having YA appear again)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    IIRC the other Patriot appeared at the tail end of the first issue of the new Champions Outlawed series. Unfortunately, it seems like Marvel 80 has been the only reappearance of Eli's that's had him actually talking and interacting with everyone (that I know of). Hopefully, we get more appearances from him that actually have some substance and aren't just cameos. Wonder if there's still some behind the scene's issues holding back his consistent usage, or if Marvel is just waiting for the MCU iteration of the team to be more concrete before giving the team a series again (or even if they're just giving enough space for Champions to have its run before having YA appear again)
    Ironically I wanted Eli and Teddy to get new names, but they haven’t yet.
    Meanwhile I was happy with The names Wiccan and Stature already, but now they’ve changed those.

Anyone have a better superhero name for Eli?

Wiccan's hasn't changed. He was originally called Asgardian, but he's been called Wiccan for most of his career.

As for Stature, remember that her other identity Stinger is actually older, as it originally belonged to her MC2 counterpart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Meanwhile I was happy with The names Wiccan and Stature already, but now they’ve changed those.

Black Patriot
    Left-Winger II (he gets a partner who becomes the 2nd Right-Winger)
    Kid Avenger
    Avenger Man/A-Man

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Patriot's great IMO. I mean we have two Spider-Men. But yeah Hulkling was a weird name even from the beginning since he has no actual gamma/Hulk connection

Ultimate Member

Patriot's fine. I just wish, back when he was using MGH, he temporarily had Cannonball's powers, because I would have loved him being a 'Patriot missile.'

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

I like Patriot now for him more than ever if only because it Flys in the face of current culture moves to have white men as default for American patriotism. Let a black male US hero hold the title.

Bear in mind that description fits Rayshaun too - the only non-black Patriot is Eli's predecessor, Jeffrey Mace, a golden age hero who of course was white. And there's no reason for the mantle not to be shared. There's two Spider-Mans, there's two Hawkeyes, there's two Wasps. Besides, Eli gave Rayshaun permission to use the name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Some people are saying Tyler Dean Flores could being playing Miles Morales but I think he could be playing Eli.

https://thedirect.com/article/the-da...er-dean-flores

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Some people are saying Tyler Dean Flores could being playing Miles Morales but I think he could be playing Eli.

No problem with the kid or anything but Eli needs um.... How to phrase this.... Someone of darker shade to potray him. That means a lot to me and it would mean a lot to the community.

Incredible Member

My mistake I thought he was black because of his hair in one of the pictures I saw.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 10-15-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post

I definitely don't think he is Eli when the actor doesn't really look black. I mean, if this was a FOX-Marvel casting I wouldn't doubt it, but Marvel Studios actually has a good track record in casting black people, specially dark-skinned black people, so I don't think their go-to for Eli would be a light-skinned brown latino. And if the report is accurate, they mention the casting call for the character only describes him as hispanic/latino, and a casting call for Eli most definitely would mention him being black. Also, if he's shooting in Prague, that makes it even more unlikely his role is for Eli, because I don't see how the character would fit in that particular setting.

I don't think he is Miles either, for that matter, basically for the same reasons.

He could make a cool Joaquin Torres

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...cene-interview

Gotta love how Marvel refers to Billy and Teddy as a ship name in the headline instead of their own individual names, LOL. Also, does this mean Wickling is their official ship name? Sorry, Billyteddy nation.

He could even play new Power Man, but not feeling him as Eli.