Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131
Results 1,951 to 1,963 of 1963
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

With the way things are, I'm betting Kamala, Kate and Riri get pushed into the spotlight and become the "big 3" of the team like Tony, Steve and Thor were for the main Avengers, instead of it being Kate, Billy and Teddy like in the comics. While I wouldn't like it, it would make sense given they have solo outings at the start, just like those three did.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 12-30-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hopefully not sis has no place with this squad
    She doesn't but I highly doubt they are going to throw her on the main Avengers team anytime soon.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I also wonder if they'll find a way to sneak Kid Loki in, I can see him being really popular on social media.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, the roster might be really different though. I'm assuming it'll look like Billy, Teddy, Kate, MAC, Cassie and Kamala might get thrown in.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's true either, because like I said, it's not the first time we hear a YA production is in development. The news itself sounds like it could be true; I'm just a little skeptical about the source for this specifically. The only reason why I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt it's because he was the one who first teased the scoop about Hulkling appearing in WandaVision earlier this year, and it was right after that that more scoopers corroborated with that by sharing the casting call for the ''Skrull refugee'' that was believed to be Teddy. So maybe he has some rights...

As for the roster you mentioned, it's not THAT really different, considering all those characters were YA members except for Kamala. I could live with it, but Eli has to be a founding member and Tommy should be there at some point too. I want Nate to be a founding member as well, but I won't hold my breath on that. I think the Vol. 2 characters can wait until a second season. As for non-YA characters being added, I'm still of the opinion that this should only happen as an afterthought, and not by having them literally replace the YA characters from the comics in terms of importance/role on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    With the way things are, I'm betting Kamala, Kate and Riri get pushed into the spotlight and become the "big 3" of the team like Tony, Steve and Thor were for the main Avengers, instead of it being Kate, Billy and Teddy like in the comics. While I wouldn't like it, it would make sense given they have solo outings at the start, just like those three did.
    Yeah, this... this is what I don't want. Kamala and Riri literally don't need this kind of spotlight when they already have shows that focus 100% on them and will likely have multiple seasons. I'm not even sure if we can hope for that with Hawkeye, because besides Kate having to share the lead with Clint, it's entirely possible it'll be just a miniseries to set up her role in the MCU and to give Clint a sendoff, so... an actual Young Avenger would still be getting the shorter end of the stick compared to them. I don't like this at all and hopefully it's not what they're doing. The YA characters should absolutely be a priority if you're doing a YA show.

She doesn't but I highly doubt they are going to throw her on the main Avengers team anytime soon.
    I mean, it's not like she doesn't have other places to appear outside of Young Avengers and Avengers. We already know she's appearing in Captain Marvel 2, so they can continue to just do stuff like that instead of shoehorning her into the Young Avengers.

I also wonder if they'll find a way to sneak Kid Loki in, I can see him being really popular on social media.
    Kid Loki is definitely a possibility depending on what happens on the Loki show. I'm not sure if I see him being there from the start, but I can see them doing an arc about him at some point. I think the fun thing about a younger Loki in the MCU is that we would probably get to see him growing up instead of the abrupt growth he had to have in the YA comics. I think that would make his journey that much more interesting, and yeah, I think fans would eat it up.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-31-2020 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    ..??...Wasn't Eli out front as one of the leaders? I mean if the conversation is about people being buried on the their own team.

Yeah, when the team first started, it was just the boys. It was Eli, Teddy and Billy who were the main three that Nate recruited, Kate and Cassie then joined, and then Tommy. Kate ended up replacing Eli as leader in volume 2 due to Eli no longer being on the team, and that combined with the Hawkeye run by Fraction at around the same time, is what made her what she is now, the face of the YA.

Though people do forget, Steve wasn't an original Avenger either, he's only an honorary founder, being unfrozen in issue 4. The original team was Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Ant-Man and Wasp, and with Hulk leaving in issue 2, Hank was probably the original third trinity member (Janet was just his sidekick at the time, only becoming a leader later), not Steve. It was Steve leading the Kooky Quartet and Hank appearing less (his solo story in Tales to Astonish having been cancelled) that caused that to change.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Young Avengers never really had a Trinity to me. Clearly Kate, Billy, and Teddy are the most reconized faces but Billy and Teddy alomst liked staying more to the background. Infact most did with just Kate and Eli being more upfront being almost co-leaders.

A new Hawkeye prose story by Kelly Thompson, set in lockdown.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...kelly-thompson

spoilers:
    Yikes, poor Kate. She broke her leg!
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A new Hawkeye prose story by Kelly Thompson, set in lockdown.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...kelly-thompson

spoilers:
    Yikes, poor Kate. She broke her leg!
    end of spoilers
    It's kind of amazing Thompson Kate never managed to get arrested for all the stunts she pulled .

Ramone is her "best friend" now? Is literally everyone Kate Bishop's best friend?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ramone is her "best friend" now? Is literally everyone Kate Bishop's best friend?
    She's the YA version of Kitty Pryde, a bunch of 'best friends' that she forgets about the second the next one comes in the door...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, when the team first started, it was just the boys. It was Eli, Teddy and Billy who were the main three that Nate recruited, Kate and Cassie then joined, and then Tommy. Kate ended up replacing Eli as leader in volume 2 due to Eli no longer being on the team, and that combined with the Hawkeye run by Fraction at around the same time, is what made her what she is now, the face of the YA.

Though people do forget, Steve wasn't an original Avenger either, he's only an honorary founder, being unfrozen in issue 4. The original team was Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Ant-Man and Wasp, and with Hulk leaving in issue 2, Hank was probably the original third trinity member (Janet was just his sidekick at the time, only becoming a leader later), not Steve. It was Steve leading the Kooky Quartet and Hank appearing less (his solo story in Tales to Astonish having been cancelled) that caused that to change.
    Yeah, its strange seeing a Captain America type that isn't leading in someway, an Avengers like team. Kind of like seeing a DC team book without a member of the Bat family on it.

JSA doesn't have a bat, and neither does Legion of Super Heroes.

This isn't major or anything but X-Factor preview had eye boy talking about how deep & basically sexy David's voice is and I just want to say if they are an official couple love that for my boy Tommy good taste right there.