Page 18 of 131 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would be interesting if he was explicitly not an 'omega,' at least, not *yet.* Limited range, maybe a temporary duration, limited area of effect (not, say, *every mutant on earth* if he says 'nomoremutants!', just *a* mutant, right in front of him, and only for a limited time).

Just because he's going to become the Demiurge someday at the end of the universe, doesn't mean he has to jump to the finish and become 'omega' quite so early in (what I hope to be!) a long, long career. And there's no need for 'reality manipulation' to be utterly cosmic in scope. A more limited ability to manipulate *local* reality, and limits like range, duration, area, or even difficulty affecting strong-willed people directly (such as not being able to 'nomoremutants' someone like Xavier, but being totally able to make his fancy helmet turn into a locked prisoner of Azkaban mask, or make *himself* temporarily totally immune to telepathy), could be mitigating factors.
    Is that even how the Omega Level Mutant status work, though? Like, I was under the impression that you're either born as an Omega or you're not. Is there any known case where a mutant wasn't born as an Omega, but slowly evolved into one in the future?

Also, didn't someone from the X-editorial say there were no plans to add more Omega mutants to the list? So I'm not sure if Billy being a Omega will be a thing even if he gets confirmed as a mutant (which I honestly don't even think it's gonna happen anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post

The Demiurge and the Emperor!! Teddy and no doubt Billy obviously getting ready to wreck both the Avengers and the Fantastic 4 for his man! Franklin is sitting somewhere shook and crying in awe by the true god of the multiverse!!! Avengers and X-Men somewhere shook in the fetal position fearing M-Day Times 2!!! Skrulls and Kree somewhere bowing and getting ready to kiss their rings!! We love to See It!!!
    Jim, as far as we know, is only doing covers for Empyre, so I'm assuming this is going to be a cover for the main event... Either way, it's great to know Billy may show up in the main book. I really want to see him and Teddy kicking ass on a cosmic scale!
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-08-2020 at 08:10 PM.

Seeing Teddy involved in more cosmic stories is nice. It will be interesting to see how this story-line plays out and what it will mean for Teddy in the long-run. I really hope he doesn't become a victim of any character assassination.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Billy/Teddy is great. Just started and finished young avengers vol 2 today. Absolutely fantastic. Art, writing, everything. What are some other good Billy or Billy and Teddy books? Also, any other good Noh Varr reads?

Noh Varr is in the new Guardians of the Galaxy series, and was in Royals too. Both are by Al Ewing. I would also recommend Ewing's New Avengers. No Marvel Boy there, but it does have Wiccan and Hulkling.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Noh Varr is in the new Guardians of the Galaxy series, and was in Royals too. Both are by Al Ewing. I would also recommend Ewing's New Avengers. No Marvel Boy there, but it does have Wiccan and Hulkling.
    Didn't like the art from New Avengers. Too weird for me. They made them look like bad anime imo. I've read Guardians. But I'll have to check out Royals.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Billy/Teddy is great. Just started and finished young avengers vol 2 today. Absolutely fantastic. Art, writing, everything. What are some other good Billy or Billy and Teddy books? Also, any other good Noh Varr reads?
    I'm not sure if you've read the other Young Avengers books that came before vol. 2, but in case you didn't, I'd obviously recommend that. Here's a reading order. (I mostly recommend the ones with Young Avengers on the title and Avengers: Children's Crusade)

For Billy and Teddy, after vol. 2, there was the aforementioned New Avengers, and also the Death's Head miniseries written by Tini Howard. They had smaller appearances in other books last year, like a mini-story in War Of The Realms: War Scrolls #2, one page with a Young Avengers reunion in Marvel Comics #1000 and one mini-story together in Incoming! #1 (that book also has another mini-story with Teddy in the end).

Billy is currently appearing in Strikeforce by Tini Howard (Teddy has a cameo there too), and Teddy will be at the center of the upcoming Empyre event.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Didn't like the art from New Avengers. Too weird for me. They made them look like bad anime imo. I've read Guardians. But I'll have to check out Royals.
    I disliked that art in the first arc of New Avengers too, but it's kind of an important arc for Billy and Teddy. Specially for Teddy, in light of Empyre. There is an artist change that makes it better in other issues, though. I think it starts with the Civil War II tie-in.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-09-2020 at 07:53 PM.

My cosmic awareness detected Sandoval slander again. My blade is ready.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    My cosmic awareness detected Sandoval slander again. My blade is ready.
    I don't hate Sandoval's art, but I don't think it works for every character. His take on Billy was just way off, to the point where he looked like a completely different character drawn by the other artists who worked on the same book.

I had far more issues with both the writing and the art in vol.2 than I did with that in New Avengers.
    I mean, I often see people complain about Cheung having issues with same-face. But imo McKelvie is king of that.
    The colourist changing Billy's hair from black to brown was annoying too. I have brown hair and I'd exchange it for black hair in an instant.
    Sandoval's art was a big change, yeah. I still liked it though. I just saw it as a more stylistic aproach. Like with the art for She-Hulk's second-to-last series, which I also liked.
    #EmmaWasRight

Having just dove into "Locke and Key" on Netflix, and learning that Connor Jessup came out last year, I nominate him for the role of Hulkling.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't hate Sandoval's art, but I don't think it works for every character. His take on Billy was just way off, to the point where he looked like a completely different character drawn by the other artists who worked on the same book.
    I return my blade to its sheath. Live another day, friend.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I had far more issues with both the writing and the art in vol.2 than I did with that in New Avengers.
    I mean, I often see people complain about Cheung having issues with same-face. But imo McKelvie is king of that.
    The colourist changing Billy's hair from black to brown was annoying too. I have brown hair and I'd exchange it for black hair in an instant.
    Sandoval's art was a big change, yeah. I still liked it though. I just saw it as a more stylistic aproach. Like with the art for She-Hulk's second-to-last series, which I also liked.
    I mean, to each their own... I take same-face over Billy looking like a manga/anime bodybuilder anyday. There are certain things about a character that shouldn't be changed, not even for stylistic reasons, IMO. Like drawing Wolverine as a tall guy. It just feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Having just dove into "Locke and Key" on Netflix, and learning that Connor Jessup came out last year, I nominate him for the role of Hulkling.
    I like him.

I've been thinking a lot about this potential casting of Billy and Teddy on WandaVision, and I have to say, even if it seems kinda random, I'm glad they're reportedly being introduced in the same production... I wonder if they did this with the intention of already doing chemistry tests between the actors and making sure they cast the ones who have the most chemistry with each other, 'cause that would be great. I feel like one of the worst offenses you can make while casting for a gay couple is casting actors who aren't fully comfortable with each other and can't play a convincing couple, so I really hope they get it right with Billy and Teddy in the MCU.

Thank you! Billy is not supposed to be an "anime body builder" hes supposed to be a 17 year old kid from NY. Hate the anime esq art. Rlly hope we get more billy and teddy after Empyre. And maybe empyre ends in the marriage. Thatd be great.

Man what's the beef with Buff Billy? Y'all be sleeping on my boy ever since his Asguardian days he's always been fit Biceps for days!! And unlike Teddy who uses shapeshifting and Eli who uses drugs his muscles were all natural and hardwork!! Though I didn't like the Sasuke hair I had no problem with him having a little muscle. Even now in Strikeforce he has abs and he's packing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Man what's the beef with Buff Billy? Y'all be sleeping on my boy ever since his Asguardian days he's always been fit Biceps for days!! And unlike Teddy who uses shapeshifting and Eli who uses drugs his muscles were all natural and hardwork!! Though I didn't like the Sasuke hair I had no problem with him having a little muscle. Even now in Strikeforce he has abs and he's packing!!
    I don't mind him being muscular. It's just the unrealistic anime body builder that doesn't make sense. The way he was drawn in YA vol 2 was perfect. I haven't rlly read Strikeforce yet.