Page 101 of 131 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1963
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Textless preview for Web Of Venom: Empyre's End: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=101594218

No sign of Teddy so far. I really wanna know if this one-shot will be relevant to his story so I can decide if I'm gonna read it or not.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Textless preview for Web Of Venom: Empyre's End: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=101594218

No sign of Teddy so far. I really wanna know if this one-shot will be relevant to his story so I can decide if I'm gonna read it or not.
    Who are those characters? I thought the one on the medical bed was Kl'rt, but that's definitely not him. Anyway, I feel like this might be focused on more periphery Kree/Skrulls, one's that aren't close to Earth per see, but are still aware of the unification now. I'm sure we're gonna get a panel or two with Teddy on it, but as more of a summary type thing. I think if Teddy ties into KiB, it'll be through Ewing and either GotG or SWORD.

Speaking of GotG, the previews for the conference are out, and it seems Kl'rt is already on diplomat duty lol

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...f-the-galaxy-8

I hope Al gives us at least a page of Noh interacting with Teddy and Billy. Bonus points if he does another lore deep dive and has Noh joke about his space adventure with Tommy from that Kate CW2(?) issue.

EDIT: OH, ALSO, Phyla and Teddy interactions!!!!!!! Even if it's not 616 Phyla, I'm sure she had her own Teddy. I desperately want to see that!!
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 10-10-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Who are those characters? I thought the one on the medical bed was Kl'rt, but that's definitely not him. Anyway, I feel like this might be focused on more periphery Kree/Skrulls, one's that aren't close to Earth per see, but are still aware of the unification now. I'm sure we're gonna get a panel or two with Teddy on it, but as more of a summary type thing. I think if Teddy ties into KiB, it'll be through Ewing and either GotG or SWORD.
    According to the Marvel wikia it looks like Talos is in the medical bed

And the other characters on the cover are M'lanz, Ethan Edwards, General Kalamari, Bron Char, Tarna

It looks like a really random assortment of fairly obscure Kree and Skrulls, so I'm betting there's going to be a body count

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    According to the Marvel wikia it looks like Talos is in the medical bed

And the other characters on the cover are M'lanz, Ethan Edwards, General Kalamari, Bron Char, Tarna

It looks like a really random assortment of fairly obscure Kree and Skrulls, so I'm betting there's going to be a body count
    I'm betting Talos ends up the last one standing to warn the alliance and earth of what's coming

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

People who ship America and Kate are gonna be pretty mad when the MCU definitely doesnt do it. Not because they won't address America (or even Kate) not being straight but because the casting call for America is...11-15. Who they definitely won't be pairing with Hailee Steinfeld.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    People who ship America and Kate are gonna be pretty mad when the MCU definitely doesnt do it. Not because they won't address America (or even Kate) not being straight but because the casting call for America is...11-15. Who they definitely won't be pairing with Hailee Steinfeld.
    There has been some doubt over whether Hailee was cast or not, after all, since her Apple TV series got renewed for another season. Some insiders are saying this is indication she didn't get the Hawkeye role, but others say she is set. I guess we'll find out soon enough, since the show was supposed to start filming this month.

As for Amerikate... I mean, it's not like it was a sure thing to happen even if they were around the same age in the MCU. I see no evidence Marvel wants them as a couple even in the comics, so I was never expecting anything in the MCU in the first place. I'm still hoping there is some explanation for America allegedly being so young in the MCU (like that being a flashback or something), because I genuinely dislike that.

The Amerikate Friendship was such an ass pull to begin with their was no way the relationship was ever gonna happen anyways.

I think the reason is basically they want the actors for the long haul and it's easier if they're younger. I'd imagine the other Young Avengers will be closer to their actual ages in the comics as well, with an older big name as Kate.

I think it's still Steinfeld if only because they shoot in a few weeks and if it was someone other than Steinfeld it'd have likely been reported by now. Also, with how many of the shows and films either have, reportedly have, or have direct links to so many Young Avengers, they're getting a Disney+ show rather than a solo film.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 10-11-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Amerikate Friendship was such an ass pull to begin with their was no way the relationship was ever gonna happen anyways.
    Never say never. A lot of us also thought Thinkfast wasn't going to be more than a throwaway joke at the end of Gillen's run, so...

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I think the reason is basically they want the actors for the long haul and it's easier if they're younger. I'd imagine the other Young Avengers will be closer to their actual ages in the comics as well, with an older big name as Kate.
    I mean, I get that... But the fact that they were looking for literal pre-teens is not just them looking for someone younger to play a teenager; it's them looking for someone to fill a child role. It makes sense that they would look for children on WandaVision, for instance, because we know we're supposed to see William and Thomas growing up through the show. But for America... we just don't know the context yet. If there isn't a time jump for her, it would really be weird to make that age gap between her and the rest of the Young Avengers, because I doubt the other actors would be like 11 or 12 years old. They cast an 18 year old for Ms. Marvel, and they cast Tom Holland as Spider-Man when he was 19. That's what I expect for the other Young Avengers (with some exceptions like Hailee if they really like the actor).

I think it's still Steinfeld if only because they shoot in a few weeks and if it was someone other than Steinfeld it'd have likely been reported by now.
    I mean, they managed to shoot the entirety of WandaVision without a single report or picture of who's playing Billy and Tommy, so it's actually not impossible for those things to be kept secret, LOL. If anything, I think it might be her just because some people involved on the show started following her on social media recently.

Also, with how many of the shows and films either have, reportedly have, or have direct links to so many Young Avengers, they're getting a Disney+ show rather than a solo film.
    That's what I'm hoping for. I just like the series format better, and with the future of movie theaters being so uncertain right now, I prefer if the Young Avengers go to Disney+.

Besides, with a movie you get three hours at most. With a TV show it could be anything from six to 23 hours (I'm thinking probably around 10).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Runaways made a lot of mistakes but I'm really happy it was a TV show because it allowed a lot more time for characrer exploration that the comics embraced that probably couldn't be pulled off in a movie.

The Disney+ shows seem to be consistently clocking in at around 6 hour long episodes (aside from WandaVision, which seems to be 6 half hour episodes and 3 hour long ones).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Runaways made a lot of mistakes but I'm really happy it was a TV show because it allowed a lot more time for characrer exploration that the comics embraced that probably couldn't be pulled off in a movie.
    Ditto. If anything, it got to explore some stuff that the comic didn't even have time to get into (like the parents, who kind of ciphers in the comics).

Compare the Netflix shows to how much development Hawkeye, Hulk or Black Widow have gotten, for instance. Just no contest, particularly when dealing with characters that don't get their own specific movies, but even in the case of those who do, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have *still* gotten more screen-time and lines than Spider-Man or Dr. Strange. Movies are great for spectacle and big budget set piece battles, and I love those too, but TV shows are where it's at for anything other than the most cursory character development.

Wasn't Stature 14 when she joined the YA?

Roundup of the both confirmed and rumored reports of Young Avengers in the MCU:

Cassie Lang: Already appeared in Endgame via Emma Fuhrmann

Kate Bishop: Officially confirmed in Hawkeye, possibly played by Hailee Steinfeld

Billy Kaplan: Officially confirmed in WandaVision, unknown actor

Tommy Shepard: Officially confirmed in Wandavision, unknown actor (maybe same as Billy's?)

America Chavez: Very credibly reported to be in Doctor Strange in The Multiverse of Madness.

Teddy Altman: Unclear spoilers:
    Reportedly cast in WandaVision. Actor unknown.
    end of spoilers
    Kid Loki: Unclear. spoilers:
    Loki set photos indicate there may be multiple/alternate versions of Loki involved, but the only one seemingly confirmed is the Female Loki.
    end of spoilers
    Eli Bradley: Unclear. spoilers:
    Trades report that Falcon and the Winter Soldier will involve Isaiah Bradley as a major part of the story (possibly played by Carl Lumbly), which presents an opportunity for Eli to appear/be set up
    end of spoilers
    Nathaniel Richards: Unclear. spoilers:
    Kang has been cast in an adult version, but the differences between how time travel works in the comics and how it works in the movies (in the MCU time travel = multiverse travel ala Dragon Ball Z), if they do Iron Lad they will likely need to change things to make it work.
    end of spoilers
    David Alleyne: Unclear. spoilers:
    No rumors. Put tags on here to make it fair so people couldn't just tell which characters might be spoilers by seeing the length of the spoiler tags.
    end of spoilers
    Noh-Varr: Unclear. spoilers:
    No rumors. See above.
    end of spoilers