Page 112 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1963

It's jus some healthy diplomatic brawling

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Paibok is an ambassador on the Peak, he's representing the Alliance

Ewing explained it a bit in an interview a few weeks ago

"SWORD’s satellite base also houses alien ambassadors, including Paibok the Power Skrull, and human ambassadors from Alpha Flight and Wakanda. The former ambassador for the mutant nation of Genosha, the superstrong Joanna “Frenzy” Cargill, steps back into that role as “ambassador extraordinary” for both Krakoa and mutantdom in space. “A lot of the space cultures that she’s dealing with value combat, so we have a diplomatic meeting room that’s like a Danger Room,” says Ewing. “You can either have a conversation there or you can have a sparring match there.”

They probably put the Alliance symbol on the walls because Paibok wanted a ceremonial diplomatic battle
    Ewing.
    The man thinks of everything.
    [swoon]

Hulkling may have to rename his sword: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ees-excelsior/
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Hulkling may have to rename his sword: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ees-excelsior/
    Welp, its getting shattered anyway, if the implied future holds true.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I don't know why, but I've always had this idea of Billy using his demiurge powers to make Excelsior better/making a brand new sword. Maybe it's the shounen fan in me, but I'd love for him to get a Bleach-Bankai kind of upgrade to make him more visually interesting/beef up his powerset to match up with Billy's. Maybe shattering excelsior will lead to him getting like a nega band-esque sword or something like that lol

EDIT: on that note, doesn't Teddy have like super skrull-lite powers? I remember in vol 1 he fought kl'rt with the thing/human torch fist. I hope he gets to use that more
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 11-09-2020 at 10:25 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Marvel banning the word under any circumstance is stupid, if true. POW Entertainment didn't even trademark the word excelsior, but the brand Excelsior! (with the exclamation mark at the end), so Marvel has no legal obligation to not use the word, 'cause Stan didn't invent it and no one on his team has some universal claim over latin vocabulary. They could still call Teddy's sword that, as long as they don't release any book/show/movie/game with ''Excelsior!'' on the title, which they likely wouldn't anyway. I love Excelsior as a name for his sword and I hope they keep it.

I mean, I would get that if it was a situation like DC with Captain Marvel when they could've kept using the name on a non-title capacity but chose to drop it because the name became too associated with Marvel. It made sense because it was a decision made to not create confusion and end up promoting the competition's brand, but POW Entertainment is, quite frankly, a nobody company. The only notoriety they have is the fact that Stan founded it, but even then no one really cares about what they do these days, specially after his death. I don't see why Marvel would have to bend over backwards for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Welp, its getting shattered anyway, if the implied future holds true.
    Don't remind me. I hope they're not destroying the sword for this silly reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    EDIT: on that note, doesn't Teddy have like super skrull-lite powers? I remember in vol 1 he fought kl'rt with the thing/human torch fist. I hope he gets to use that more
    I don't actually remember that, but I've always assumed every Skrull could replicate the powers of The Thing and Mr. Fantastic due to the shapeshifting nature of their powers. I don't know about the Human Torch, though. Creating cosmic fire would be arguably more complex for a common Skrull, so if Teddy really did that, it could point towards him being more than a common Skrull.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-09-2020 at 01:04 PM.

I only recall Teddy turning his fist rocky like the Thing.

I figured that only worked because Teddy is naturally super strong and durable due to his Kree genetics. I don't recall him setting the fist on fire

Praying that the Entertainment Weekly cover story for WandaVision will give us more info on Billy and Tommy.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I looked back at the panel, and I think the flames are actually residual from Kl'rt, you guys were right lol.

That being said, I do hope Ewing, Howard, or whoever has them next uses Teddy's powers to the fullest. Some of my favorite parts in New Avengers were him stretching his arms to save those guys from falling, or him turning into a centaur-pegasus.

Anyway, in other news, Wandavision EW magazine issue out tomorrow, so we might get news on the twins. I don't expect actors, but concept art and interviews about them are most welcome. I'm preparing myself to get very little on the Billy and Tommy front, but hopefully we get a stronger hint. Bonus points for someone gassing up how historic the series is by hinting at Billy and Teddy lol.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 11-09-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Praying that the Entertainment Weekly cover story for WandaVision will give us more info on Billy and Tommy.
    It didn't. I didn't expect it to either, they're still keeping Wiccan and Speed a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    It didn't. I didn't expect it to either, they're still keeping Wiccan and Speed a secret.
    I don't think they're keeping their existence a secret necessarily, as the EW story did give us another explicit look at pregnant Wanda (and they were in the first trailer as babies), but it looks like they don't want to spoil the fact that they're growing older throughout the show, so it looks like the promotional material will be limited in that regard.

I don't think they're keeping their existence a secret necessarily, as the EW story did give us another explicit look at pregnant Wanda (and they were in the first trailer as babies), but it looks like they don't want to spoil the fact that they're growing older throughout the show, so it looks like the promotional material will be limited in that regard.
    Ya know kudos to whatever actors are playing them their giving nothing away I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ya know kudos to whatever actors are playing them their giving nothing away I'm impressed.
    I mean, I guess it's easier to not give anything away when no one has any idea you're even on the show, 'cause then no one would be actively stalking you and asking you questions about it.

This is fanmade, but it's cute. My only nitpick is that whoever made it gave Billy brown hair instead of black. I mean, I wouldn't mind if it was William Maximoff, but since they were clearly trying to portray Wiccan there, it's kinda weird seeing him with brown hair instead of black.

Speaking of hair, I feel like people who keep expecting Tommy to have white hair on the show will be disappointed. If the twins are based on Willliam and Thomas Maximoff (and they likely are), then it's more likely both of them will have dark hair. Maaaybe we'll get teen Tommy dyeing his hair as a reference to the comics at some point, but even then I'm not so sure they would go with actual white, and might just choose to make him a bleach blonde like they did with MCU Pietro.

This is fanmade, but it's cute. My only nitpick is that whoever made it gave Billy brown hair instead of black. I mean, I wouldn't mind if it was William Maximoff, but since they were clearly trying to portray Wiccan there, it's kinda weird seeing him with brown hair instead of black.

Speaking of hair, I feel like people who keep expecting Tommy to have white hair on the show will be disappointed. If the twins are based on Willliam and Thomas Maximoff (and they likely are), then it's more likely both of them will have dark hair. Maaaybe we'll get teen Tommy dyeing his hair as a reference to the comics at some point, but even then I'm not so sure they would go with actual white, and might just choose to make him a bleach blonde like they did with MCU Pietro.
    It would make the most sense for his hair to be dark brown. Like AOU Wanda, since that was her natural color. I wouldn't mind it really.

Just remember that there's the chance of them being redheads, considering Wanda's current hair and that the original twins looked like this in the comics:

Dark brown is nothing to get mad about compared to that lol.

I'm also expecting Tommy to not have the white hair, at least not at first. I like the idea of his hair going white when his power awakens/starts growing.