Page 14 of 131 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Empyre is getting a whole Handbook issue, which is pretty cool.

EMPYRE HANDBOOK #1
    VARIOUS (W) • VARIOUS (A) • Cover by RON LIM
    Multiple races across the universe are pulled into a major conflict when EMPYRE hits! The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe helps keep the participants straight with updates of the major players in this star-spanning war: The Avengers! The Fantastic Four! Captain Marvel (Danvers)! The Skrulls! The Kree! Hulkling! Plus: All-new profiles of Kree members Bel-Dann, Captain Glory (Gla-Ree) and Tanalth, Skrull member Raksor, and the Cotati Swordsman! Also featuring the mysterious, never-before profiled Blue Area of Earth’s Moon!
    48 pages/ONE–SHOT/ Rated T+ …$4.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Empyre #1 preview:
    https://www.newsarama.com/48730-empy...-avengers.html

Unlettered, but you can get the gist. Oh, Teddy...
    It's really nice seeing Teddy on all those covers. I still can't believe he really is the protagonist of an entire event.

Things being less than friendly between the Kree/Skrulls and the FF/Avengers is not exactly shocking. It's how I pretty much imagined the event would start. I'm sure by the end of it, they'll be on the same side, though. Anyway, CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW TEDDY SINGLE-HANDEDLY STOPPED MJOLNIR USING EXCELSIOR???? That. was. so. badass. I really hope Ewing and Slott take Teddy to the next level as a cosmic hero, not only story-wise, but power-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by donkey View Post
    Attachment 92058

Gillen & McKelvie run getting collected.
    Good timing. Hopefully the fact that they are reprinting this means something...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    And for our weekly "Young Avengers character rumored to appear on the MCU"...
    https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...merica-chavez/

ManaByte says on his site's report of the news that "I’ve been able to confirm that the casting information they are going off of is legitimate."
    I feel like while the casting for a hispanic actress is definitely true, the part about her being specifically America may be mostly speculation. Charles Murphy seems to think so, at least. Like, even the way the website words it; saying she ''may'' or ''might'' appear is different from the Hulkling reports, which were pretty straightforward about him being cast, so I'm gonna keep my hopes down for this one... Although it would make sense for MAC to debut here, considering her powers. And it would fit with previous rumors we got about her getting her own show. Let's hope for the best!
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-23-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Hopefully that TPB solicit means I was right before and YA will relaunch in May or June, either as part of Empyre or Outlawed. The announcement for Miles Morales's Outlawed tie-in did say that it was "one of the first", which means there WILL be more after April!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I think this might count as another Hulkling in MCU related rumor.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...ones-a-secret/

No, it doesn't. Secret Invasion involves Skrulls, but that means nothing, because the MCU already introduced them.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

No, it doesn't. Secret Invasion involves Skrulls, but that means nothing, because the MCU already introduced them.
    Why do that storyline if you're not going to at least introduce other notable Skrulls, especially Princess Anele.

She wasn't introduced in Secret Invasion in the comics, in fact she was dead before Teddy's debut - she appeared way back in the 60s in Fantastic Four. Hulkling's main role in SI was that he got to meet his Dad - who was a fake, because Mar-Vell turned out to be a Skrull, not a time traveller or resurrected as he believed. And we already know Hulkling's parentage will be changed in the MCU because Mar-Vell was gender swapped in Captain Marvel.

Incredible Member

She wasn't introduced in Secret Invasion in the comics, in fact she was dead before Teddy's debut - she appeared way back in the 60s in Fantastic Four. Hulkling's main role in SI was that he got to meet his Dad - who was a fake, because Mar-Vell turned out to be a Skrull, not a time traveller or resurrected as he believed. And we already know Hulkling's parentage will be changed in the MCU because Mar-Vell was gender swapped in Captain Marvel.
    Well, what story would they make out of an entire television show devoted to an event that mainly focused on the Avengers and Norman Osborn?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Not sure how reliable Bleeding Cool is with Marvel Studios scoops. Honestly, I'm not even sure if they're reliable with comics rumors right now. They were definitely wrong about YA replacing Champions, after all...

And the Champions team apparently remaining completely intact, so it's not even the case that a couple of members would move over to the YAs, which was part of that rumour. They could have been right, but plans changed due to Empyre and Outlawed. Apparently YA was supposed to relaunch... according to another BC article, their page in Marvel Comics #1000 was changed ahead of publication, having originally been meant to set up a reunion. Empyre obviously scotched that because of Hulkling's heavy involvement there, and then Outlawed was pitched, which saved the Champions from being disbanded and led to New Warriors being resurrected as well. Young Avengers might still be coming back, but it won't be what was being planned when BC posted that article about it.

They really better not have Teddy go full villain. We don't need that kind of character assassination.

And after his little exchange with Kl'rt in Incoming, I'm kind of hoping Teddy gets to call out Stark and Richards for what they did during Civil War...the whole 'getting him vivisected' thing as well as the torture for Billy, the drugging, and the whole illegal locking in the sanity-eating alternate dimension prison thing...

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    They really better not have Teddy go full villain. We don't need that kind of character assassination.

And after his little exchange with Kl'rt in Incoming, I'm kind of hoping Teddy gets to call out Stark and Richards for what they did during Civil War...the whole 'getting him vivisected' thing as well as the torture for Billy, the drugging, and the whole illegal locking in the sanity-eating alternate dimension prison thing...
    Literally what I was thinking Billy and Teddy have only dealt with Reed during Civil War which was not his finest hour. Neither of them probably have anything pleasant to say about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Am I the only one who wouldn't be mad at an Evil Teddy? Like come on he could pull a Frieza and become emperor of the universe!! All he needs is a little floating bubble ship and to blow up a planet full of monkeys!
    Yep. Flying solo there buddy. Teddy's no genocidal maniac.

I don't want Teddy to be genocidal, but he's the leader of a major cosmic empire

I want all of the politic intrigue that he's been avoiding for years. The uprisings on the outer rimworlds, the back stabbings in the noble court, the alliances with other empires

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't want Teddy to be genocidal, but he's the leader of a major cosmic empire

I want all of the politic intrigue that he's been avoiding for years. The uprisings on the outer rimworlds, the back stabbings in the noble court, the alliances with other empires
    Power & Politics NOT Purging of Peoples

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Power & Politics NOT Purging of Peoples
    Yeah, I can see it now.

Klrt "We need a strong response, we can't look weak!"

Teddy "Your philosophy is what brought both the Skrull and the Kree to the brink of ruin over the last centuries, and left you brought so low you looked to *me* for leadership. Sit down, shut up and let me lead."