Page 125 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    I'm excited for how the Young Avengers are shaping out. And although I'm sad of Emma Fuhrmann, I think recasting for Cassie makes Marvel seem more serious about the role the YA will have moving forward. Also, I agree with the frustration people are having with the lack of Billy/Tommy, but we do know they are coming and hopefully are being kept hush hush because they have a significant narrative focus they don't want to spoil for the show.

Kathryn Newton's casting also opens up the potential casting for slightly older actors and more household names (rumor before was they were going for actual teens) and I know people will disagree, but I hope it isn't Troye Sivan - I just have not enjoyed his acting. Not sure who I would cast for the twins now though as my top picks are relative unknowns.

Did anyone pick up on the "complicated legacy" of Captain America's shield in the Falcon and Winter Soldier tease? History of the Bradley family otw? I predicted the Nick Fury show before, and I think Teddy will definitely be popping up here (if not already in WandaVision).

On the Xochitl front, I don't mind the age difference, although not ideal. Plus we don't know if shes going to punch through a portal at the end of DS2 and come back aged up later.
    I feel like they might go with unknowns for the twins, if they plan on casting actual identical twins for the role... Or they’ll go the Lindsay Lohan route and do it all with one actor.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

OMG CSI TWITTER IS AT IT AGAIN

https://twitter.com/vizwandamaximof/...10666593329152

WE HAVE SEEN THEIR LEGS
    NOW WE SEE A FOREHEAD
    PIECE BY PIECE WE WILL ASSEMBLE THE FULL BOYS LMAO

I hate Marvel for making us desperate like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Meanwhile, Robert Downey Jr and Captain America are 16 years apart.

Mark Ruffalo and Scarlet Johansson are 17 years apart.

Fans are crazy.

I hope fans won’t have a conniption when Sony casts the actress for Jessica Drew and she’s not close to Brie Larsen’s age.
    You realize that in both those examples you mentioned the actors were cast as grown adults, right? Which is not the case here, since one of the actresses is literally a minor. So this is not comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    Look at what Kathryn Newton liked on twitter...

Attachment 103102

also this is really good account to follow MCU Young Avengers news: https://twitter.com/YAvengersNews
    AND what she posted on Instagram:

And if that doesn't sound like confirmation enough, she literally announced her casting by saying she dreamed of becoming a hero with a #Stature hashtag. I definitely think it's happening.

Did anyone pick up on the "complicated legacy" of Captain America's shield in the Falcon and Winter Soldier tease? History of the Bradley family otw?
    OH YEAH, I noticed this. When he said it in the trailer my mind immediately thought of the Bradley family and this rumor I read about how Sam would find out about them during the show. We do have some evidence that a key character from Truth: Red, White And Black is on the show as well.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-11-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's reported that spoilers:
    Isaiah Bradley is in the Falcon show, so Eli might at least cameo
    end of spoilers

Also IDK why I've seen people say they're going to age up America in Doctor Strange. If they wanted to just cast someone older to play her they could have just done that from the start instead of casting someone 14. It's not like Cassie where the first actress was like 6.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Also IDK why I've seen people say they're going to age up America in Doctor Strange. If they wanted to just cast someone older to play her they could have just done that from the start instead of casting someone 14. It's not like Cassie where the first actress was like 6.
    I don't think they'll age her up in DS2, and although I think its unlikely, its possible they age her up between DS2 and her next appearance. Logic being that she can hop between dimensions and we have no idea what her story will be or if she'll stay around on this Earth. If she does leave, they can say time works differently where she was and wam bam you have an older America.

On the Billy/Tommy front, I don't think they'll cast identical twins. It limits the acting pool too much and undercuts what I think is more valuable for the characters - good actors in general. I am surprised that there are no leaks about who will play them as teens and am a little worried their story will only be setup in WandaVision. Billy and Teddy need to be part of the foundation of the YA along with Eli, Kate, and Cassie (Nate too).

I worry that casting America young is just going to be an excuse to ignore her sexuality.

Idk why people think they'll cast two people for Billy and Tommy and not just one person playing both parts.

Quote Originally Posted by drops of venus View Post
    and what she posted on instagram:

and if that doesn't sound like confirmation enough, she literally announced her casting by saying she dreamed of becoming a hero with a #stature hashtag. I definitely think it's happening.
    let's go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    AND what she posted on Instagram:

And if that doesn't sound like confirmation enough, she literally announced her casting by saying she dreamed of becoming a hero with a #Stature hashtag. I definitely think it's happening.
    I'm really happy if this means we're getting her as Stature.

That's my thinking as well. The fact that they announced Xochitl as a part of the main cast really makes me think this is the definitive version of America they want. If she was just playing a younger version and the older version is the one that's going to matter going forward, it would make a lot more sense to announce an older actress instead. They cast her around the same time they cast Hailee and Kathryn, so like... there was nothing stopping them from casting an actress closer to their age for America. If they cast her significantly younger, it's because they wanted the character to be younger too.

On the Billy/Tommy front, I don't think they'll cast identical twins. It limits the acting pool too much and undercuts what I think is more valuable for the characters - good actors in general. I am surprised that there are no leaks about who will play them as teens and am a little worried their story will only be setup in WandaVision. Billy and Teddy need to be part of the foundation of the YA along with Eli, Kate, and Cassie (Nate too).
    As I said before, there was a non-official report that the twins would appear in the Doctor Strange movie, so that is another place besides WandaVision where they can be set up for the Young Avengers. I think it would make a lot of sense, because something happens at the end of WandaVision that sets up Wanda's apparent big role in DS2. I think it's very possible she's gonna lose her family, and Doctor Strange will be the bridge to explain how they will end up in the main reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I worry that casting America young is just going to be an excuse to ignore her sexuality.
    There ARE ways to explore the sexuality of someone in their early teens in a way that feels appropriate, but yeah, the fact that she might possibly be ''toned down'' in the first place is very suspicious, 'cause they didn't do that for straight teen characters like Peter Parker, Kamala Khan and Kate Bishop. It's telling that she's the only who who had her age so drastically changed like that. The casting for Billy and Teddy is going to be very interesting once it comes out, because it might clear up if what happened to America was really just a coincidence or if there was some unfortunate ulterior motive behind it. If the only three teen queer heroes in the MCU are all around the same very young age... that is definitely a bad pattern for Marvel.

Idk why people think they'll cast two people for Billy and Tommy and not just one person playing both parts.
    I think people think that because the casting call for their younger selves on WV mentioned twins, BUT I don't think we've ever seen the description for the casting calls for their older, teen selves, so we don't know exactly what Marvel was looking for when they cast them like that. It's possible they still looked for twins, but it's also possible they looked for single actors in case they wanted more options.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-12-2020 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    There ARE ways to explore the sexuality of someone in their early teens in a way that feels appropriate, but yeah, the fact that she might possibly be ''toned down'' in the first place is very suspicious, 'cause they didn't do that for straight teen characters like Peter Parker, Kamala Khan and Kate Bishop. It's telling that she's the only who who had her age so drastically changed like that. The casting for Billy and Teddy is going to be very interesting once it comes out, because it might clear up if what happened to America was really just a coincidence or if there was some unfortunate ulterior motive behind it. If the only three teen queer heroes in the MCU are all around the same very young age... that is definitely a bad pattern for Marvel.

I think people think that because the casting call for their younger selves on WV mentioned twins, BUT I don't think we've ever seen the description for the casting calls for their older, teen selves, so we don't know exactly what Marvel was looking for when they cast them like that. It's possible they still looked for twins, but it's also possible they looked for single actors in case they wanted more options.
    In Teddy's rumored casting call they said "age 16 – 23"(though another site said 15 - 20). Billy and Tommy should be the same.

By that 23 like Hailee/Kathryn is the limit and they probably just really wanted them. But the minimum age is still older than America's actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    In Teddy's rumored casting call they said "age 16 – 23"(though another site said 15 - 20). Billy and Tommy should be the same.

By that 23 like Hailee/Kathryn is the limit and they probably just really wanted them. But the minimum age is still older than America's actress.
    Yeah, I knew about that casting call already, but since we never got confirmation that it was really for Teddy, I'm just considering the possibility that maybe it was for another character, so we could still be in the dark. But I do hope that it was for him and that the casting for teen Billy/Tommy was the same.

Hey so I saw the little WandaVision trailer and that moment where the Crib Butterflies come to life anyone else think that was Billy's doing and not Wanda a little taste of things to come perhaps?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Xochitl Gomez as America is alright in my book. A little young, but she'll be the right age by the time anything really comes of the role. I guess this means they're going to California Diaries Dawn Schafer from Netflix's Baby-Sitters Club, but that's alright. Good to know the MCU is pulling from such a talented pool of young actresses to be honest.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Also, I am not excited for the reactions that will come in the very plausible event Teddy winds up being Talos's son

Talos's son with Nick Fury