Page 123 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1963
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    So, no Young Avengers series announced, but Ant-Man 3 is officially "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania" with Cassie being recasted from Emma Furhman to Katheryn Newton. Also, no Billy, Tommy or Teddy in the new WV trailer, however the Secret Invasion show was confirmed, and that could be a place Teddy could pop up in if not in WV.
    This is getting on my nerves now. We KNOW the twins are in WandaVision and it's super obvious that they're building up to Young Avengers. Show us the gay characters already.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

You do realize they're clearly keeping them as a surprise right?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    You do realize they're clearly keeping them as a surprise right?
    They've already shown the twins as babies, we've seen photos of Hailee in costume on a series that just started filming, they're confirming other Young Avengers for upcoming projects, it's not a "surprise" anymore.

If I sound bitter and impatient it's because I am. I've been waiting several years now and Disney/Marvel has said they're FINALLY going to start including gay people. Time for them to put their money where their mouth is and show us.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I know they're pretty much an open secret (ala Hailee as Kate) but like, you'd think they'd gladly shout from the rooftops that they have gays (assuming Teddy is in WV) given their diversity statement earlier in the stream, lmao.

That being said, there are three shots in the trailer that I'm pretty sure are the twins. The first is an overhead shot of a house where two, presumably, kids are running out the door, with the vaguest hints of a green and red color scheme. Then the crib with the kids toy turning onto real butterflies, which I assume is Billy's power manifesting early. Then a shot of pregnant Wanda.

I know they're pretty much an open secret (ala Hailee as Kate) but like, you'd think they'd gladly shout from the rooftops that they have gays (assuming Teddy is in WV) given their diversity statement earlier in the stream, lmao.

That being said, there are three shots in the trailer that I'm pretty sure are the twins. The first is an overhead shot of a house where two, presumably, kids are running out the door, with the vaguest hints of a green and red color scheme. Then the crib with the kids toy turning onto real butterflies, which I assume is Billy's power manifesting early. Then a shot of pregnant Wanda.
    I also immediately assumed that was Billy. It's not like I expected to see Wiccan and Hulkling passionately kissing each other in the trailer or anything but I'm getting really annoyed that it's taking so long to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    This is getting on my nerves now. We KNOW the twins are in WandaVision and it's super obvious that they're building up to Young Avengers. Show us the gay characters already.
    If they're building to YA, I wouldn't expect a fully comic accurate roster. Two of the Champions (Kamala and Riri) have their own shows, so it's likely they'd be included.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

To be fair, WE know what to expect concerning the twins, but the general public doesn't, so I think it's to them that they're aiming this whole surprise towards. Unless, of course, they make some strange plot twists that delay or erase the boys, and I'm soooo terrified of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If they're building to YA, I wouldn't expect a fully comic accurate roster. Two of the Champions (Kamala and Riri) have their own shows, so it's likely they'd be included.
    There were rumours that it is indeed going to be a comics accurate roster, and a lot of those rumours have proven true so far.
    - Billy, Tommy (possibly Teddy) in WandaVision
    - Cassie Lang already established
    - Kate in Hawkeye
    - Patriot in F&TWS (not confirmed yet)
    - Iron Lad possibly in Loki or a different project (it's been confirmed now that Kang is coming)
    - Hulking in either WandaVision or Secret Invasion (Secret invasion just got confirmed and the rumour was Teddy is in it as a skrull refugee)

And making a Young Avengers project but conveniently leaving out the gay couple is a PR nightmare Disney/Marvel doesn't want.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So Xochitl Gomez was confirmed as America Chavez in Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness. Still raising an eyebrow at the decision of casting MAC as a 14-yo, but oh well... it is what it is. I hope they're still able to do her justice. If that rumor we got a while back that Billy and Tommy would appear in DSITMOM is true, I think it would be fun to see if they drop some YA easter-egg if they cross paths with her.

I'm a little sad that they recast Emma Fuhrmann's Cassie in Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania, because I was already getting attached to the idea of her becoming Stature/Stinger, but we got so little of her in the MCU that I don't think it'll make a big difference. Kathryn Newton seems like a good pick, at least visually wise. Looks like we're getting a blonde Cassie, after all! And Jonathan Majors was confirmed as Kang, so let's see if they also drop some YA easter-egg there, with the possibility of Nathaniel and Cassie interacting. Although I am starting to lose my faith in Iron Lad with the announcement of Ironheart. I won't be surprised if Marvel just replaces Nate with Riri on the team, because it seems too much to have another teen Iron Man legacy running around.

That official first look clip of Hailee as Kate was dope.

I am VERY disappointed that they continue to hide Billy and Tommy from WandaVision's promotional material. I really hope it's for a good reason and they're gonna have a really special role on the show. And here's hoping Teddy has some role in Secret Invasion and Captain Marvel 2.

And yeah.... I really wish they would've announced the rumored Young Avengers project, considering they confirmed other projects that were rumored to be in development alongside YA. I mean, no disrespect to War Machine, but come on... Young Avengers would've been a much more exciting announcement than Armor Wars. Not sure why we needed two Iron Man spin-offs.

I actually thought it was just Wanda's powers. I'm working under the assumption that everything weird that happens in that world is because of Wanda's powers (and maybe someone else's too, since the trailer suggests she might be being controlled). But it would be cool if we could get an early look at Billy's powers too. I guess it could explain why they're being so secretive about the twins.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-10-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So Xochitl Gomez was confirmed as America Chavez in Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness. Still raising an eyebrow at the decision of casting MAC as a 14-yo, but oh well... it is what it is. I hope they're still able to do her justice. If that rumor we got a while back that Billy and Tommy would appear in DSITMOM is true, I think it would be fun to see if they drop some YA easter-egg if they cross paths with her.

I'm a little sad that they recast Emma Fuhrmann's Cassie in Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania, because I was already getting attached to the idea of her becoming Stature/Stinger, but we got so little of her in the MCU that I don't think it'll make a big difference. Kathryn Newton seems like a good pick, at least visually wise. Looks like we're getting a blonde Cassie, after all! And Jonathan Majors was confirmed as Kang, so let's see if they also drop some YA easter-egg there, with the possibility of Nathaniel and Cassie interacting. Although I am starting to lose my faith in Iron Lad with the announcement of Ironheart. I won't be surprised if Marvel just replaces Nate with Riri on the team, because it seems too much to have another teen Iron Man legacy running around.

That official first look clip of Hailee as Kate was dope.

I am VERY disappointed that they continue to hide Billy and Tommy from WandaVision's promotional material. I really hope it's for a good reason and they're gonna have a really special role on the show. And here's hoping Teddy has some role in Secret Invasion and Captain Marvel 2.

And yeah.... I really wish they would've announced the rumored Young Avengers project, considering they confirmed other projects that were rumored to be in development alongside YA. I mean, no disrespect to War Machine, but come on... Young Avengers would've been a much more exciting announcement than Armor Wars. Not sure why we needed two Iron Man spin-offs.

I actually thought it was just Wanda's powers. I'm working under the assumption that everything weird that happens in that world is because of Wanda's powers (and maybe someone else's too, since the trailer suggests she might be being controlled). But it would be cool if we could get an early look at Billy's powers too. I guess it could explain why they're being so secretive about the twins.
    Emma seemed to be really interested in being Cassie, so I feel bad for her. Though, I've been seeing on twitter that's she's in college right now, so the recast may be a combo of Emma wanting to focus on school and Marvel wanting a bigger name since Cassie's probably gonna get a lot more spotlight. Katheryn's been fun from the stuff I've seen her in, she has that Cassie spunk lol.

And tbh, I'm fully expecting Riri to take Nate's place. And perhaps even Kamala taking Jonas' place seeing as Tommy's gonna be there from the start. That being said, that makes a potential MCU YA female heavy to start with Kate, Cassie, Riri, Kamala AND America. Outside of them, you'd have Billy and Teddy, Tommy, and maybe Eli if Isaiah shows up in FATW. I know one of the more reliable scoopers have said YA is focused on a comics accurate Volume 1 team, but seeing Riri getting a show has me doubting that now.

And yeah, it's getting annoying. Even if the general public don't exactly know them, it's still sus that the openly gay character and his bi (I will hold on to hope that this is implimented later, since the script was probably written pre Emperor Hulkling) brother aren't in promotional material. And speaking of the trailer, I kind of cackled when Wanda said she had a male human husband. I know the joke is supposed to be her hiding Vision's robotic nature, but on a meta level with Billy and Teddy possibly dating in WV (or at least the sparks of attraction) the "I am dating a MAN, as in HETEROSEXUAL" of it all is just too funny.

And I feel like they're setting Billy up to be as powerful as Wanda (I have a whole theory on how he'll be the one that the villain of DS2 is after based on the apparent influence of the Sorcerers Supreme book, and the fact that America is involved, meaning Demiurge stuff might be in play) so they might as well start him young. I even saw a joke on my tl about how Billy's gonna have all these Wanda-esque feats as a kid, and Tommy's just gonna run around and make Sonic jokes lol.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 12-10-2020 at 11:16 PM.

Yeah, someone said in the Champions thread that they seemed to be setting up both teams... but I don't think they are. Miles, Sam, Amadeus and Nadia all have barriers blocking their use (Spidey belongs to Sony, MCU Nova Corps don't have powers, Universal still has Hulk movie rights and introducing Amadeus in She-Hulk would be odd, and Nadia is a comic counterpart to the adult Hope Van Dyne). I do think that Kamala and Riri will be Young Avengers, replacing Iron Lad and Jonas - and it looks like America replaces Patriot.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm disappointed at the America casting being confirmed and no Billy/Tommy in WandaVision trailer, but I'm happy about the Cassie recast! The new actress looks just like comic Cassie, now she'll actually be blonde, and even though Emma Fuhrmann was actually younger than Kathryn, to me she looks older.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, someone said in the Champions thread that they seemed to be setting up both teams... but I don't think they are. Miles, Sam, Amadeus and Nadia all have barriers blocking their use (Spidey belongs to Sony, MCU Nova Corps don't have powers, Universal still has Hulk movie rights and introducing Amadeus in She-Hulk would be odd, and Nadia is a comic counterpart to the adult Hope Van Dyne). I do think that Kamala and Riri will be Young Avengers, replacing Iron Lad and Jonas - and it looks like America replaces Patriot.
    This. I also expect the team to be called Champion and not Young Avengers when it does eventually come along. Miles will eventually appear and join as well.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member

The America Chavez actress will be 16 when Dr Strange 2 comes out. And we may get Young Avengers 2 years after that. She’ll be old enough.

If anything, will Hailee look too old once Young Avengers comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The America Chavez actress will be 16 when Dr Strange 2 comes out. And we may get Young Avengers 2 years after that. She’ll be old enough.

If anything, will Hailee look too old once Young Avengers comes out?
    Yes, I think she'll end up being sort of a mentor to the team. Or they're really going with the Champions name instead of YA.

Riri's actress also looks kind of old compared to the character. So maybe she's meant to be an actual successor of Iron Man and not one of the teens in YA/Champions.