Page 79 of 131 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1963
    Ultimate Member

I feel like America is of two minds about Billy being the Demiurge.

A) Mind blown, do not even want to deal. Denial, full steam ahead!

B) He's not the demiurge, YET. That'll be his final form. Expecting him to be all godly and impressive at this stage is kind of like staring at a baby horse that's just been squeezed out it's mother and is just figuring out how to stand up on it's own, and being disappointed that it can't win a steeplechase. At least, that's probably what she tells herself when he steps on his dick.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Players found a reference to Kate in the beta files of the new Avengers game: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/ma...e-bishop-more/

Is it too much to dream of a Young Avengers DLC for this game? I don't even play console games anymore, but the team could use the exposure. I wouldn't be shocked if it's just Kate and she's there as a supporting character for Clint, though.

The America solo was such a huge wasted opportunity for that. I was hoping the new mini they had announced for her would perhaps touch on that more, but who knows if that's even happening anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if that book ended up being one of the casualties of the pandemic.
    You know Kate's gonna be the only one lol. And if there is a young team introduced, I'm betting it's a hybrid team of the Champions and YA. Probably Kamala, Kate, Riri, Sam, Amadeus, and America. No way they introduce more than one non straight character, let alone a couple like Billy and Teddy that they'd have to have interact. I'd love to be wrong, and I know gaming has progressed a bunch, but still. I could also see Cassie since they have Hank, and maybe that means Scott's there too. Eli could also work, but that'd probably be a special Cap mission like Kate's probably gonna be for Clint. But yeah, whole team? Unlikely as much as I wish it were. But who knows, maybe I think too lowly of the people making it and maybe they will include them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

B) He's not the demiurge, YET. That'll be his final form. Expecting him to be all godly and impressive at this stage is kind of like staring at a baby horse that's just been squeezed out it's mother and is just figuring out how to stand up on it's own, and being disappointed that it can't win a steeplechase. At least, that's probably what she tells herself when he steps on his dick.
    Idk why, but I've always wondered if America can give some kind of guidance to Billy. Obviously she won't teach him magic like Loki tried to, but since she did get some of her powers from him (well, a version of him) maybe she could teach him how to harness it? It'd probably take like an Al Ewing level of ass-pull to canon in order to explain how, but I feel like it'd be a cool way to explore a friendship between them.

Both the Kate/America friendship and Tommy/David relationship are fan headcanons from Vol. 2 that were brought to the actual comics. Whether that's a good thing or not... I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    You know Kate's gonna be the only one lol. And if there is a young team introduced, I'm betting it's a hybrid team of the Champions and YA. Probably Kamala, Kate, Riri, Sam, Amadeus, and America. No way they introduce more than one non straight character, let alone a couple like Billy and Teddy that they'd have to have interact. I'd love to be wrong, and I know gaming has progressed a bunch, but still. I could also see Cassie since they have Hank, and maybe that means Scott's there too. Eli could also work, but that'd probably be a special Cap mission like Kate's probably gonna be for Clint. But yeah, whole team? Unlikely as much as I wish it were. But who knows, maybe I think too lowly of the people making it and maybe they will include them.
    That's sequel fodder. Kamala's on the main team in that game, but adapting the "Kamala leaves the Avengers to form her own team" thing would fit for a sequel (maybe a mission pack type, akin to the Spider-Man: Miles Morales game) - probably under Young Avengers branding, as Champions has other uses already in video games - the Contest of Champions Twitter account is even called MarvelChampions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's sequel fodder. Kamala's on the main team in that game, but adapting the "Kamala leaves the Avengers to form her own team" thing would fit for a sequel (maybe a mission pack type, akin to the Spider-Man: Miles Morales game) - probably under Young Avengers branding, as Champions has other uses already in video games - the Contest of Champions Twitter account is even called MarvelChampions.
    That reminds me of one Marvel game, I think its called Strikeforce (which is ironic considering Billy's old team lol) that has a YA group, but I think it only had like America and/or Kate, and no one else from the actual team. I even think they had Squirell Girl and Kamala included (I'm not too sure though, but I've seen some reddit posts talking about it). I get that YA is a much better team name for younger characters, but its a bit annoying when the actual team members sans Kate/America get pushed out to make room for characters who've never been part of it.

Players found a reference to Kate in the beta files of the new Avengers game: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/ma...e-bishop-more/

Is it too much to dream of a Young Avengers DLC for this game? I don't even play console games anymore, but the team could use the exposure. I wouldn't be shocked if it's just Kate and she's there as a supporting character for Clint, though.
    Considering how much they're drawing from the Fraction run, I guess it's not a big surprise they'd use Kate in some form.

That reminds me of one Marvel game, I think its called Strikeforce (which is ironic considering Billy's old team lol) that has a YA group, but I think it only had like America and/or Kate, and no one else from the actual team. I even think they had Squirell Girl and Kamala included (I'm not too sure though, but I've seen some reddit posts talking about it). I get that YA is a much better team name for younger characters, but its a bit annoying when the actual team members sans Kate/America get pushed out to make room for characters who've never been part of it.
    Yes, Squirrel Girl was added last month - which is also when Kamala and Miles were given Young Avengers designation.
    https://www.marvelstrikeforce.com/en...ease-notes-4-2
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Something I noticed on Empyre #5: we saw Billy's speech bubble and letter font turn red for some reason. Has that ever happened to him before? As far as I know, his speech bubbles and font only ever change when he's actively using his words to warp reality, and they've always been portrayed as blue, with the font sometimes being changed to the ''asgardian font''. I wonder if this was just a mistake from lettering, or if we're supposed to think that there's something new about his powers now. He DID mention that his magic was more focused now due to his bond to Teddy, after all, so I was just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I think there is a middle ground between A and B. She doesn't need to be hovering over him all the time like a helicopter mom, but that doesn't mean she should basically just ghost him. People seem to forget what was MAC's motivation to even join the Young Avenges in the first place: she wanted to keep an eye on Billy and make sure Loki wasn't a threat to him. She was basically his bodyguard there. So while I don't think everything about her should revolve around Billy, it does make sense that she would check on him from time to time just to make sure that he survives long enough to grow up to become the Demiurge. That should be a big deal for her, because it's basically the fate of her entire world on his hands. If something happened to Billy, like, if he ever died before he became the Demiurge, who knows what effect this could have on the timeline? Her entire world might be erased from existence. So unless someone retcons the whole Demiurge thing and his connection to America, I feel like it really is this elephant in the room for the two of them, and it should be explored further.

Idk why, but I've always wondered if America can give some kind of guidance to Billy. Obviously she won't teach him magic like Loki tried to, but since she did get some of her powers from him (well, a version of him) maybe she could teach him how to harness it? It'd probably take like an Al Ewing level of ass-pull to canon in order to explain how, but I feel like it'd be a cool way to explore a friendship between them.
    I could buy that. She knows about the Demiurge more than he does, after all, so it's not far-fetched to think she might know a thing or two about his powers that he hasn't figured out yet.

Yeah, I strongly dislike that. But as long as it happens in a minor game like that, I'm not too worried because it doesn't really affect the team. It's not like the comics are gonna try to synergize their line-up because of Strikeforce. As long as Marvel doesn't screw up their line-up in a more mainstream piece of media that could possibly affect the way the team is seen by the public (like the holy MCU), I think we're in the clear.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-12-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Something I noticed on Empyre #5: we saw Billy's speech bubble and letter font turn red for some reason. Has that ever happened to him before? As far as I know, his speech bubbles and font only ever change when he's actively using his words to warp reality, and they've always been portrayed as blue, with the font sometimes being changed to the ''asgardian font''. I wonder if this was just a mistake from lettering, or if we're supposed to think that there's something new about his powers now. He DID mention that his magic was more focused now due to his bond to Teddy, after all, so I was just wondering.
    Maybe he's got soulmate magic now too (I know, I know, it's corny, but I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff) or his ass is about to go feral on Teddy's grandma, so he's got that Dark Demiurge action going on lol.

I could buy that. She knows about the Demiurge more than he does, after all, so it's not far-fetched to think she might know a thing or two about his powers that he hasn't figured out yet.
    We need the gay space-magic version of the Rocky training montage, only instead of climbing some stairs, America's working his ass through different dimensions.

Yeah, I strongly dislike that. But as long as it happens in a minor game like that, I'm not too worried because it doesn't really affect the team. It's not like the comics are gonna try to synergize their line-up because of Strikeforce. As long as Marvel doesn't screw up their line-up in a more mainstream piece of media that could possibly affect the way the team is seen by the public (like the holy MCU), I think we're in the clear.
    It bugs me because it leads to the same (well, maybe to a lesser degree) attitude that MCU stans have about YA, just adding any hero under the age of 21 to the team with no respect to what the team represents (ie, the straightwashed versions of the team you see in fancast posts, that either doesn't include Billy and Teddy or only include one). God knows they've co-opted Iron Lad as Harley (hell, I've literally seen a Billy x Harley fanfic *insert barf emoji here*).
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 08-12-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Maybe he's got soulmate magic now too (I know, I know, it's corny, but I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff) or his ass is about to go feral on Teddy's grandma, so he's got that Dark Demiurge action going on lol.
    I feel like true love's magic is already a thing for them. I mean, Gillen's run pretty much established that his love for Teddy is literal fuel to make Billy more powerful and closer to his Demiurge-self. And honestly, I love that, no matter how corny it is. As for Billy having a dark side to his magic, I actually think that would make a lot of sense. I have this headcanon that his magic would eventually turn red if he ever tapped into the demonic side of his soul (due to his connection to Mephisto).

It bugs me because it leads to the same (well, maybe to a lesser degree) attitude that MCU stans have about YA, just adding any hero under the age of 21 to the team with no respect to what the team represents (ie, the straightwashed versions of the team you see in fancast posts, that either doesn't include Billy and Teddy or only include one). God knows they've co-opted Iron Lad as Harley (hell, I've literally seen a Billy x Harley fanfic *insert barf emoji here*).
    I get it; some MCU fans can really be annoying with their disregard to the source material. What gives me hope is that I don't think Marvel Studios will actually listen to them in most cases. Like, remember when Endgame came out and some MCU fans wouldn't shut up about Lila Barton being the next Hawkeye? I saw this theory for mooonths, non-stop, and they only eventually shut up when it was formally announced we would be getting Kate Bishop, as we should. Now they're obsessed with Hailee Steinfeld or whoever playing her and don't even think about Lila anymore, LOL. So I hope Marvel will do the same for the rest of the team, and eventually the MCU-only fans will warm up to them because that will be the version of the team that they know. The MCU is really the YA's big shot at stardom, so really hope they don't mess it up.

The only time I can recall Billy's chants turning red is in Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme, and that was an alternate future version of Wiccan from Battle of the Atom

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The only time I can recall Billy's chants turning red is in Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme, and that was an alternate future version of Wiccan from Battle of the Atom
    Ohhhhhhhhhh!! He gonna level up.

Extraordinary Member

Isn't it about time that he stops with the chanting and we see what eh wants in thought bubbles instead??

He also got red eyes. I guess they were kind of... Emulating Wanda?

Hey, Billy and Nate did kiss after all.

I know they're probably gonna make Reed and Tony the saviors because they've been all but worthless this entire event but just pointing out Billy is there if the sun is really about to blow the **** up now would probably be a good time to go Demiurge, or at least Semiurge. Just saying he could really fix this whole problem in seconds.