Page 12 of 131 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I was wondering if Teddy would get his own book as a result of Empyre, and even though I was hoping for at least a mini, I'll settle for a one-shot. Hopefully this can lead to some other Teddy-led book. I really love the concept of exploring his history from origin to where he is right now. It's pretty much what Teddy fans have been asking for forever. I just wish they would be taking this opportunity to actually promote him with a new codename and a complete makeover. Emperor Hulkling just... doesn't really do it for me.

Anyone wondering why the main title is Lords Of Empyre, as in plural? Is this going to be a series of one-shots, perhaps exploring other cosmic lords? 'Cause I don't really see the point of naming it like that if it's just a one-shot for one character.

Also, curious to see how Billy will fit into this. I'm not worried about Wiccling being screwed over, 'cause I think they put Anthony Oliveira (the same writer from their mini story on WOTR: War Scrolls) on this specifically because of his passion for the couple. I don't think he would do anything that would permanently damage them as a couple. I'm not sure if Chip has ever written Billy and Teddy before or how he feels about them as a couple, but he doesn't strike me as the type who would do something stupid either. I'm expecting some drama, but in the same way that Gillen's Young Avengers had drama, only to make them stronger at the end. It's the kind of romantic trope that straight couples go through all the time, so I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing.
    Yeah, honestly reading this solicit made me sad but like in a good way(?). I guess I want to suffer. The drama makes it all worth it. Completely happy, stable and static couples with no conflict is boring, and they shouldn't be afraid of messing with Billy and Teddy if the goal isn't to actually separate them.

Incredible Member

Maybe the one shot will also explain how Hulkling can be in his late teens but conceived during the Kree Skrull War.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Maybe the one shot will also explain how Hulkling can be in his late teens but conceived during the Kree Skrull War.
    That's what I've been saying! By sliding timescale standards, this boy would be like 12 today. I'm wondering if they're going to introduce some element that explains a quicker aging process or if they're just retconning the period in which he was conceived altogether to say it took place at an earlier time.

---

https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...01131799060481

Luciano Vecchio says the cover for Emperor Hulkling is the second time he's drawn Teddy officially, but the first time that it was actually shown. So that means we have some other official Teddy art by Luciano coming soon...
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-17-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's what I've been saying! By sliding timescale standards, this boy would be like 12 today. I'm wondering if they're going to introduce some element that explains a quicker aging process or if they're just retconning the period in which he was conceived altogether to say it took place at an earlier time.
    Since Wiccan and Speed also shouldn't be as old as they are (they shouldn't have been conceived until after Wanda had the twins in that 80s Vision and Scarlet Witch mini, as they're supposed to be reincarnations of the imaginary twins), maybe Young Avengers should've had more than one time traveller on the team? If Wiccan, Speed and Hulkling had been from the future like Iron Lad (they would've then meet Patriot, Hawkeye and Stature in the present day), this wouldn't be a problem.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's not known when the souls of Wanda's kids went into these boys. It is assumed that it was sometime during or after the No More Mutants thing, but it could be anytime from the time she first went to Doom.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-17-2020 at 06:31 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's not known when the souls of Wanda's kids went into these boys. It is assumed that it was sometime during or after the No More Mutants thing, but it could be anytime from the time she first went to Doom.
    I always thought that Wanda introduced Billy and Tommy in the reality after House of M, in a single moment of power she created two children in different families with the souls of her boys. All of this subconsciously
    Last edited by hulkling; 01-18-2020 at 04:17 AM.

I think they just purposely don't put a time frame on it. So that they can be whatever age range Marvel wants for them. And Wanda can stay the age she is usually (29).

Extraordinary Member

The Young Avengers pre-date House of M and Disassembled as well (remember the scene where Billy meets Wanda is set just before that event: he meets her outside the mansion and when he goes back the mansion has been destroyed).

How or when Billy & Tommy came to be reincarnated has never been spelled out officially: most people think Wanda brought them back somehow but the comics have never said so, and in YA volume 1 Billy theorizes that their souls were reborn in new bodies during the original West Coast Avengers story where the children were lost.

Yeah I remember that tease of a connection but it didn't make much sense. Like the whole story about Jessica Jones meeting Wanda before she did all that. It's pretty shoe-horned. But really the whole went to Doom while he would've been in hell never made much sense either. It's probably best for a lot of that time frame to not try to place it anywhere. Because things start to unravel.

That's the thing. Yes, it happened in the 80s, not the 2000s. But due to comic book time, the Avengers formation in 1963 wasn't even 15 years ago - Wiccan and Speed would have to have been born before Wanda even came to the United States! The timeline for those two has never made sense, just like Hulkling's backstory. All three should've been from the future.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The 15 year scale makes everything difficult to place. Because 15 years ago now was the end of Disassembled. So everything gets squished now even more.

In universe, Disassembled was no more than four years ago. According to Runaways, which started at around that time, it's only been two years! Which is an unrealistically short period of time considering all the events (especially Secret Wars with it's time skip).

People complain about DC's timeline and how old the teen heroes are, well, Marvel has the same problem, truth be told. The YA trio are just the worst offenders because they're so tied to other events.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-17-2020 at 10:00 PM.

Yep, they do with that huge of a squish.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think Marvel should just establish that William and Thomas died in the 80s, and shortly after that their souls went back in time because of [insert comic book reason here], which is how we got Billy and Tommy at their current ages. It's an easy explanation and it doesn't require tying their origin to any complicated event like Avengers Disassembled or House Of M.

---

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...47728545054720

Nice to know we're getting some Teddy/Carol interactions out of Empyre. I think the only times they've ever interacted in the past were when the Avengers met the Young Avengers, but they were never specific interactions between the two of them. Hopefully they'll have a more meaningful conversation about their connection to the Kree and Mar-Vell.

Pretty late to the party but I just recently finished binging Gillen's YAs. I thought it was pretty good but not worth the hype.

Loki, Wiccan and Chavez were ht ebest parts, and I really enjoyed Mother as a villain but I didn't think Gillen did a good job of balancing all the team members. The book might as well have been called Loki and the Young Avengers. Wiccan got a decent amount of attention but the rest of the team barely got to do anything. I also didn't think they had much chemistry. The run was just way too short and there weren't a lot of breather moments.

It's a shame because I actually really enjoyed all the characters on their own but most of them didn't really have a moment to shine. That being said, I enjoyed the run overall.