Page 77 of 131 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1963
    Incredible Member

I just had a random thought, but what if Kang is linked to this big game chager in Empyre, what if he is the reason Teddy's rocket and Billy and Tommy's souls went back in time

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Oh, I forgot about other original villains they had: the Warden from Civil War and Chrell/X'iv from Secret Invasion. According to Marvel Wiki, their first appearances were in the YA/Runaways tie-ins we had at the time, so I think they count as original villains for both groups. They're not very memorable, though. X'iv could be used again with everything that's going on with Empyre, but I doubt anyone even remembers her. It would be nice to have a follow-up to that story, though, since it was the last time Xavin and Teddy interacted, and we learned that some Skrulls were literally trained to kill Teddy. What happened to them, specially now that Teddy's the emperor? That would be an interesting story to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    YA was basically...coming together, dealing with Kang, finding out Eli was wheezing the juice, and then dealing with Teddy's Kree/Skrull heritage...then cancel. YA Presents which was just character building for the individual characters. Children's Crusade which was bringing Wanda back. Dark Reign with the Young Masters, Then Vol 2 with Mother.

Their publishing history is pretty much a series of focused stories other that the more traditional long running series like Avengers, FF or X-Men where they can build up a rogues gallery.

Personally it is disappointing to me in that regard. I like the characters but the current Marvel model is along these same lines. They cancel and reboot due to a big event interfering with a series, or a new creative team or whatever or the story the writer wanted to tell was over.

If we were to see a long run of YA in the future they would need to be portrayed dealing with more bad guys..both classic and new characters.
    Yeah, I've talked about this before and how Marvel screwed up by not letting the YA have a proper ongoing. I hope next time they relaunch, they have a pretty big run.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    What kind of story structure would you guys want in an ongoing? Like a single over arching plot with mini subplots being dealt with per trade/arc (sorta like how some TV shows are done, where there's one traceable plotline underscoring several different conflicts)? Or standard arc to arc structure? And how long would each arc be?
    I guess it depends on what kind of ongoing we're talking about. The first model you mentioned worked for Gillen's run because he already had an ending in mind when he did the book. But if we get a relaunch that actually keeps going for an indefinite amount of time, it's probably best to do multiple arcs. As for how long an arc should be, I don't really have a preference. I think it's up to the writer to decide how many issues they need to get the story done.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I think Iron Lad kinda counts
    I hadn't really considered that, mostly because I don't think Iron Lad was really portrayed as a villain of the group per se. The ending of Children's Crusade definitely set him on the path to become that, but we probably would need a follow-up story which actually pits him against the Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Eli hasn't outgrown the Patriot name. There was an adult golden age hero called that.
    I think Journey meant outgrown in a more metaphorical way than literal. And I agree. Honestly, if it was up to me, all the boys from volume 1 (Billy, Teddy, Eli, Tommy and Jonas if he ever comes back) would get new codenames. But I doubt we would get a rebrand for so many of them simultaneously like that. I think right now, Teddy is the most likely one to get one, since he's probably the one who's gonna be changed the most after Empyre.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I just had a random thought, but what if Kang is linked to this big game chager in Empyre, what if he is the reason Teddy's rocket and Billy and Tommy's souls went back in time
    I have my own headcanons about how Kang is probably responsible for a lot of the things that happened to the Young Avengers, but I don't know if Empyre even has the time to introduce another twist like that. They only have 2 issues left, and there's so many things and characters to wrap up. I definitely would want a story about the Young Avengers having to face Nate/Kang again, but I'd be fine with that happening in a proper YA book.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-10-2020 at 03:01 AM.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Empyre #5 starting with some BillyTeddy love (。♥‿♥。)

https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/st...09415079460865
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 08-10-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

also johnny thirsty for teddy i-

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    also johnny thirsty for teddy i-
    I think it is more that Johnny is just being silly.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Empyre #5 starting with some BillyTeddy love (。♥‿♥。)

https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/st...09415079460865
    I like Teddy's green titties and I cannot lie.

Oh, and Valerio also pretty much confirmed on Twitter that the Aftermath issue will establish future stories: https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/st...82622296760320

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Come through, new content!

As the pandemic continues and the fantasy of "vacation" is an increasingly far-gone fever dream of yesteryear, we nerds who are still employed must find alternatives to the use of our paid time off.
    Thusly, I'll be taking PTO tomorrow so that I can be THAT guy who blitzes my LCS immediately upon opening to secure my copy of Empyre 5 and revel in the Billy/Teddy content.

Is it on my pull list?
    YES.
    Am I being extra?
    Absolutely.

Man oh man I hope its awesome and nothing impedes its arrival to my store! They fairly routinely have delivery challenges

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I like Teddy's green titties and I cannot lie.

Oh, and Valerio also pretty much confirmed on Twitter that the Aftermath issue will establish future stories: https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/st...82622296760320

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Come through, new content!
    I hope this King in Black doesn’t affect this too much. I’d hate after all this happy new content, it all gets destroyed in what they call the “darkest, most heavy metal event ever”. Plus YA doesn’t seem to fit into the whole symbiote story to me.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

So apparently Valerio responded to someone on IG that was asking about David not coming to the wedding, saying that they'd have to "just wait". I'm gonna guess that maybe the wedding happened during his repowering? I haven't gotten the chance to read xfactor tho so idk what's happening with that.

But, I gather that David shows up to the reception (probably with Tommy if I had to guess).

He could've just been on Krakoa. I bet the X-Men have tech that blocks America from portaling in to get him, otherwise bad guys could enter by the same method.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    As the pandemic continues and the fantasy of "vacation" is an increasingly far-gone fever dream of yesteryear, we nerds who are still employed must find alternatives to the use of our paid time off.
    Thusly, I'll be taking PTO tomorrow so that I can be THAT guy who blitzes my LCS immediately upon opening to secure my copy of Empyre 5 and revel in the Billy/Teddy content.

Is it on my pull list?
    YES.
    Am I being extra?
    Absolutely.

Man oh man I hope its awesome and nothing impedes its arrival to my store! They fairly routinely have delivery challenges
    Fokken arriving at his LCS like:

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    I hope this King in Black doesn’t affect this too much. I’d hate after all this happy new content, it all gets destroyed in what they call the “darkest, most heavy metal event ever”. Plus YA doesn’t seem to fit into the whole symbiote story to me.
    I don't think the KIB stuff will be too connected to Empyre, just because the two events are happening way too close to each other. Narrative wise, I think it makes sense to give some room for the post-Empyre stuff to breathe before dragging them into another line-wide event. At least that's what I hope they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    So apparently Valerio responded to someone on IG that was asking about David not coming to the wedding, saying that they'd have to "just wait". I'm gonna guess that maybe the wedding happened during his repowering? I haven't gotten the chance to read xfactor tho so idk what's happening with that.

But, I gather that David shows up to the reception (probably with Tommy if I had to guess).
    Yeah, X-Factor established that he went through the resurrection protocols, which means he died at some point after his appearance at LOE: Emperor Hulkling. But considering the wedding happened at the same day as Emperor Hulkling... would they really have gotten married if David had just died? It would seem... a little tasteless. Although maybe they didn't know he died and just fount out around the time for the reception? I've seen speculation that his death is the reason why Kate might be crying on EA: Aftermath.

I wonder if Tommy knows David died or how he died? I hope Leah at least addresses Tommy.

No one in the YA really reacted to Cassie's Resurrection, I wouldn't be surprised if David got the same treatment.

She died and moved to Florida and they've barely acknowledged her since

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

She died and moved to Florida and they've barely acknowledged her since
    Aren't those really the same thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Fokken arriving at his LCS like:

I've seen speculation that his death is the reason why Kate might be crying on EA: Aftermath.
    To your video: One thousand percent.

Per Kate crying: Valerio also said on twitter that tomorrow's issue isn't all Teddy/Billy love. He also said "There will be blood" GASPS IN GAY.