Page 107 of 131 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1963
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I recently got a good deal on the omnibus for the original YA run. First time I've read it since the initial publication. Was great to revisit, I'd forgotten how good that run was. On to The Childrens Crusade next.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Don't know if anyone saw this, but in the comments of a Billy sketch Jim posted, someone asked where Billy would be next and Jim said he believes there'll be a KiB one-shot

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGsmccjD...id=jns6o7hb4on

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The solicit for the regular cover with Avengers/FF says it includes basically everything
    Including Agents of Wakanda #7-8? What's that doing there? It's not Empyre related, the only reason it was originally due to be in an Empyre trade was because it was being bundled with Invasion of Wakanda #1-3 - which was cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Don't know if anyone saw this, but in the comments of a Billy sketch Jim posted, someone asked where Billy would be next and Jim said he believes there'll be a KiB one-shot

Hmm just a one-shot? I'm starting to believe that peak of Teddy and SWORD might have nothing to do with KOB which I'm not mad about but at the same time I wonder what could have caused it.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I wonder if he's talking about the Empyre's End one-shot we're getting next month or something else. Either way, it's going to be really disappointing if everything we get out of that Empyre ending is a freaking one-shot. They better use that to build up a new ongoing book.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hmm just a one-shot? I'm starting to believe that peak of Teddy and SWORD might have nothing to do with KOB which I'm not mad about but at the same time I wonder what could have caused it.
    I don't see what else it would be, because S.W.O.R.D. is already tying in to King In Black on its very first arc. Assuming Teddy will be a guest there in the beginning, he would be involved in the event for sure.

The Empyre teaser that revealed SWORD could have nothing to do with King in Black and could just be hinting at a future Marvel Cosmic event that Ewing plans to build toward, like Korvac or something

All we know is that SWORD comes in to help Teddy after Earth and the Avengers fail to show up, we don't know what the threat is or the time frame on it

Yeah, could be teasing next summer's event for all we know. We don't know what's happening after King in Black yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Since they are going for big names for young avenges actors I really want Sean Giambrone to play a role but I'm not sure if he is more suited for Billy or Teddy.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Lol he'd be terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Since they are going for big names for young avenges actors I really want Sean Giambrone to play a role but I'm not sure if he is more suited for Billy or Teddy.
    I mean, are they? I don't think that's very clear right now. Hailee Steinfeld is a big name, but Emma Fuhrmann and Xochitl Gomez (assuming she is America) were not, so I think it could go either way with the rest of the cast.

As for Sean, he would definitely be more of a Billy if he dyed his hair black. I think he's way too twinky for Teddy. To be honest, he's the textbook actor for sidekick roles (no wonder he got cast as Ron Stoppable on that live action Kim Possible movie), so I totally see him being cast as someone like Jimmy Olsen or Rick Jones if he ever got a role in a superhero franchise. But I wouldn't oppose an actor who doesn't really look like your usual superhero for Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I mean, are they? I don't think that's very clear right now. Hailee Steinfeld is a big name, but Emma Fuhrmann and Xochitl Gomez (assuming she is America) were not, so I think it could go either way with the rest of the cast.

As for Sean, he would definitely be more of a Billy if he dyed his hair black. I think he's way too twinky for Teddy. To be honest, he's the textbook actor for sidekick roles (no wonder he got cast as Ron Stoppable on that live action Kim Possible movie), so I totally see him being cast as someone like Jimmy Olsen or Rick Jones if he ever got a role in a superhero franchise. But I wouldn't oppose an actor who doesn't really look like your usual superhero for Billy.
    We do not speak of the atrocity the leached off KP's name!! Ever!! BTW Billy and Tommy being actual twins is important to me as far as casting even if their relatively new actors I feel that's important.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Tbh all I can ask for with Billy, Tommy, and Teddy's castings is that the actors aren't homo/bi-phobic / bigoted and that they'll be respectful of the importance of these characters to LGBT+ fans. Obviously, I'd prefer queer actors playing them, but it's Hollywood so... I'll take the bare minimum. Emma's earnestness towards being Cassie is something I hope extends to the rest of the cast and the characters they play

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    There might be a possibility with the relative importance and popularity of Billy and Teddy that they might aim for bigger name actors. But I see them going for relative newcomers. Most actors I would have liked have aged out of the role that Marvel and Feige are aiming for (actual teens) and that definitely lends itself toward casting relative unknowns. I would be ok with the likes of Jaeden Martell or Nick Hamilton of It fame as Billy and Teddy, and I do believe Nick Hamilton identifies as queer. Other than that I don't have much knowledge on younger actors other than Louis Partridge who could make for a decent Billy or Teddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    We do not speak of the atrocity the leached off KP's name!! Ever!! BTW Billy and Tommy being actual twins is important to me as far as casting even if their relatively new actors I feel that's important.
    Tbh I think it'll be too restrictive to find quality actors that are also identical twins. I'd be fine with actors that can pass as fraternal twin brothers, which would open the door for more queer actors as options. I'd probably rank it as quality actor > lgbt actor > an actual twin. But they should definitely be twins in universe.

Tbh all I can ask for with Billy, Tommy, and Teddy's castings is that the actors aren't homo/bi-phobic / bigoted and that they'll be respectful of the importance of these characters to LGBT+ fans. Obviously, I'd prefer queer actors playing them, but it's Hollywood so... I'll take the bare minimum. Emma's earnestness towards being Cassie is something I hope extends to the rest of the cast and the characters they play
    Yeah, I pretty much agree. Someone who can act and isn't problematic. Would definitely prefer queer actors, but I'm not firmly in the camp of queer actors for queer characters only. Moreso, more queer actors in more roles in general.

That's where I'm at right now too. I think people are going to be disappointed no matter what, especially when it comes to Billy and Tommy, because the odds of Marvel finding actors who check all the boxes (identical twins, jewish AND queer) are extremely low. I think at least one of those things will end up left out, and I can live with that, as long as the casting is really good. I think the number one priority while casting Billy and Teddy should be the actors being comfortable with each other and having romantic chemistry. That you can tell they're really invested in that relationship. That they can make people root for them as a couple. If you fail at that, it doesn't even matter if the actors are diverse or not, because you're failing at their most important dynamic as a duo, and that could easily affect their story, like that being used as a convenient excuse to throw their relationship in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    There might be a possibility with the relative importance and popularity of Billy and Teddy that they might aim for bigger name actors. But I see them going for relative newcomers. Most actors I would have liked have aged out of the role that Marvel and Feige are aiming for (actual teens) and that definitely lends itself toward casting relative unknowns. I would be ok with the likes of Jaeden Martell or Nick Hamilton of It fame as Billy and Teddy, and I do believe Nick Hamilton identifies as queer. Other than that I don't have much knowledge on younger actors other than Louis Partridge who could make for a decent Billy or Teddy.
    It's just hard to predict what Marvel will want. I mean, Spider-Man is their biggest hero and they didn't go for someone with a big name in the MCU. Ms. Marvel is more popular than both Billy and Teddy, and they chose someone with no acting credits at all. So I don't really know what their thinking will be when it comes to casting those two. Like I said, it could go either way.

And if the alleged Hulkling casting call for WandaVision is true, they're not necessarily only looking for teenagers for the role, but also actors in their early 20s. I mean, Hailee's possible casting itself proves that they're ok with young adults playing the characters.

Incredible Member

I highly doubt they will get any queer actors for this considering how reluctant male Hollywood actors are to be open, especially young ones that don't want to be type casted.