Page 120 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1963
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This would have been perfect opportunity to mention them in the game too Cap could mention Elijah, Kate could then talk about Eli, & Hank Pym is in the game so a Cassie mention is there for the taking yet they chose to give America a shout out who only exist due to Billy, who likely won't even be mentioned at all because how the **** would he & Tommy even exist in this universe with their convoluted backstory.

Got off topic there but my main point is I'm sick of the Amerikate friendship one "Princess" & suddenly their besties for life I truly don't get it when America's main focus Volume 2 was Billy now they barely acknowledge eachother, and Kate's main focus was Noh-Var and her convoluted age.
    To be fair, we don't know if the other members aren't mentioned. It's just one small leak, and like I said, there could be other mentions of other characters connected to Kate. We won't know all the details until Kate's DLC is available. If it turns out no other YA member gets a shout out other than America... then yeah, I would have to agree that this is one of those cases where people overrate AmeriKate a little too much. I like their relationship and I wouldn't change it, but I also don't want it to come at the expense of the other Young Avengers.

All of our problems would be solved if we just got some new ongoing YA content about the whole team. We could get Kate interacting with everyone on a regular basis and all would be fine. But God forbid Akira Yoshida to actually greenlight a new YA series.

Anyway, Disney Investors Day is coming up this Thursday and it's been reported that Disney will announce new projects for Marvel Studios during it, so, who knows... maybe we'll get really lucky and get a YA TV show announcement. I just need some good news. I'm tired.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I hate to involve outside drama, but gosh if that Ms.Marvel casting stuff is true, my anxiety over Billy, Tommy and Teddy's casting just went through the roof. I can live with a straight actor getting to play Billy or Teddy, but if they actually get a pro-Trump actor to play one (or worst case scenario both) of Marvel's leading gay couple.... The stuff of absolute nightmares..maybe my Twitter friends weren't overreacting and I do have to worry lol...

ANYWAY, back to more positive thoughts, on Investors Day, another WV trailer might drop, and considering Deadline reported we're getting new property announcements as well, I wouldn't be surprised to see confirmation of castings and a possible YA show announcement/announcement they're involved in AM3! And best case scenario, we get Billy, Tommy (and maybe Teddy) in the WV trailer, and then an announcement of something MCU YA related!

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I hate to involve outside drama, but gosh if that Ms.Marvel casting stuff is true, my anxiety over Billy, Tommy and Teddy's casting just went through the roof. I can live with a straight actor getting to play Billy or Teddy, but if they actually get a pro-Trump actor to play one (or worst case scenario both) of Marvel's leading gay couple.... The stuff of absolute nightmares..maybe my Twitter friends weren't overreacting and I do have to worry lol...

ANYWAY, back to more positive thoughts, on Investors Day, another WV trailer might drop, and considering Deadline reported we're getting new property announcements as well, I wouldn't be surprised to see confirmation of castings and a possible YA show announcement/announcement they're involved in AM3! And best case scenario, we get Billy, Tommy (and maybe Teddy) in the WV trailer, and then an announcement of something MCU YA related!
    What actor is rumored? I haven't heard of this yet!

Would be a bit tone deaf to cast a pro Trump actor as one of the marvel gay icons.

Meh I don't care about anyone's politics if you're best suited for the role you should get the role. Being a Trump supporter doesn't mean you're racist or homophobic by default it just means you were born with questionable mostly nonexistent taste. *Shrugs*

It just means you don't mind sitting at the same table as racists and homophobes, and racist and homophobic policies aren't a deal breaker for you

I'm black if I really thought someone was racist I wouldn't put up with them. I also realize the world isn't so black & white not every Trump Supporter is a racist or homophobic. Honestly dude is gone in a couple weeks and even more gone in a couple years does it really matter at this point. *Shrugs*

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Surely you know of implicit bias in that case? Even if they aren't actively participating in problematic behavior the fact that they ignore it and don't seem to think it's an issue means that they're just as guilty as anyone else. They're just as likely to believe that an innocent black man is guilty of a crime because of the color of his skin while the actual white man who did the crime gets away with it as someone who is wholly racist and actively harming people. It's just as much of a problem.

And Ms Marvel is a series that's BASED in civil rights and progressive narratives. It's only so long until something offends Matt Lintz or until because of his involvement the show isn't allowed to go as far with it's narrative as it HAS to.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Surely you know of implicit bias in that case? Even if they aren't actively participating in problematic behavior the fact that they ignore it and don't seem to think it's an issue means that they're just as guilty as anyone else. They're just as likely to believe that an innocent black man is guilty of a crime because of the color of his skin while the actual white man who did the crime gets away with it as someone who is wholly racist and actively harming people. It's just as much of a problem.

And Ms Marvel is a series that's BASED in civil rights and progressive narratives. It's only so long until something offends Matt Lintz or until because of his involvement the show isn't allowed to go as far with it's narrative as it HAS to.
    I’m pretty sure he’s just happy to have a steady job during COVID

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

LOL what the **** does this even mean? Do you think Lintz is the showrunner and is making creative decisions in the scripts that were already written before he was cast? He's an actor, hell read the script and do his job. Do you think Bruno is going to be ghostwriting Ms Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm black if I really thought someone was racist I wouldn't put up with them. I also realize the world isn't so black & white not every Trump Supporter is a racist or homophobic. Honestly dude is gone in a couple weeks and even more gone in a couple years does it really matter at this point. *Shrugs*
    Trump supporters aren't average Republicans, who have their own issues relating to racism and oppression, they saw what Trump did in the last four years and still voted for him. And this ins't just a bout being racist, this is about normalising a president who thinks Nazis are "good people." George W was a scumbag but even he knew not celebrate Nazis.

From what I know the actor's said the account was faked, so he probably isn't a Trump supporter but right now Disney really shouldn't give any slack to actual Trump supporters in this environment.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    LOL what the **** does this even mean? Do you think Lintz is the showrunner and is making creative decisions in the scripts that were already written before he was cast? He's an actor, hell read the script and do his job. Do you think Bruno is going to be ghostwriting Ms Marvel?
    You don't seem to understand the power an actor has over a show, do you? Yes, he's not the writer, director, or producer but that doesn't mean that he can't just refuse to actually do his job, or to cause a stink, leading at the LEAST to recasting and delays in production - which are expensive. And that's without going into him making his co-workers potentially uncomfortable on set.

But I guess they don't really care about making the cast uncomfortable since there's a sexual predator playing Josh, so...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

You don't seem to understand the power an actor has over a show, do you? Yes, he's not the writer, director, or producer but that doesn't mean that he can't just refuse to actually do his job, or to cause a stink, leading at the LEAST to recasting and delays in production - which are expensive. And that's without going into him making his co-workers potentially uncomfortable on set.

But I guess they don't really care about making the cast uncomfortable since there's a sexual predator playing Josh, so...
    This isn't the CW where they write as they shoot. The scripts are done. Actors don't get to push around on 100+ million dollar productions, especially secondary parts. If he causes problems they'd just replace him immediately. Marvel's done it before.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 12-08-2020 at 09:05 PM.

My main issue is simply not wanting people who support policies that harm certain minorities to gain money and notoriety from productions about those same minorities. Because at the end of the day, they have to promote the show and the values it stands for. They'll have to do interviews about how important those characters are and what they represent. To do all of that while you're using your money and influence to boost people who do the opposite is, on top of being unethical and hypocritical, just a straight up terrible PR for the company/studio you're working for. It is something that can actually harm the image of the franchise you're working on, and no company or studio would want that. So it's better to cut off a problematic actor instead of dealing with the headache of what it would mean to have them bringing constant bad press to your product. I'm not saying that the corporate concern should be bigger than the ethical concern, but I wanted to emphasize that ''political correctness'' is not the only reason why some artists get ''cancelled'' like some people think. When your art is reliant on the image of the artist, you can't always separate the two.

But hopefully we won't have to worry about any of that with the Young Avengers cast. If the main concern of the fans continues to be that they might cast someone a bit older or someone who's too ''Riverdale'' for the characters... we'll survive. There are a lot worse things that can happen to a fandom.

Well I'm not counting on them casting a gay and/or jewish actor for Billy and I'm expecting people on twitter being mad about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well I'm not counting on them casting a gay and/or jewish actor for Billy and I'm expecting people on twitter being mad about that...
    I just meant like, we wouldn't have any ''worst case scenario'', you know? People were freaking out about Hailee being cast as Kate and look, we survived. Some fans even changed their minds after the set pics came out.

Oh, speaking of set pics, we have our first look at costumed Hakweye. I'm... not really sure what to feel. I think I would be more excited if we hadn't seen an extremely comics-accurate concept art beforehand, so my expectations were kinda high. It doesn't look bad, but it seems a little basic compared to the concept art. I like the purple, but wish they would've added the color to the pants and shoes as well. Let Kate be purple from head to toe, dammit! I also wish they would've added the purple headband/goggles, which became kind of visual trademarks for Kate. Hopefully her design will evolve from that (I mean, it probably will, 'cause they need to sell different toys with each movie/show LOL).