Page 55 of 131 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I think Superskrull is on his side, unless I read it wrong.
    No matter mama Altman must be avenged!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think Superskrull is on his side, unless I read it wrong.
    There's nothing so far to suggest that he isn't, but I still stand by my opinion that Teddy should be stern when it comes to Kree and Skrulls who've committed serious crimes in the past. I know it's been a longer time for us, but in the Marvel Universe, it was only a few years ago that Teddy's mom was murdered, and Kl'rt never faced any repercussions for it at all. He should at least be put on trial for what he did. And I know that this is comics and the character would probably not be locked up forever because they would want to use him again at some point, but at least we would've gotten some resemblance of justice, which is better than nothing.

Astonishing Member

I feel he can be left off the hook, he did willingly switch places with Teddy at the end of YA. Plus all he has gone through since Annihilation, which includes the loss of his son. Now I'm not saying Teddy or the fans all have to forgive but I feel he has payed his dues.

I feel he can be left off the hook, he did willingly switch places with Teddy at the end of YA. Plus all he has gone through since Annihilation, which includes the loss of his son. Now I'm not saying Teddy or the fans all have to forgive but I feel he has payed his dues.
    Xavin did the same for Karolina.
    I say kick Kl'yrt to the curb and bring in XAVIN.

Amazing Member

spoilers:
    So why did Tanalth want Billy out of the picture? I understand the plot to show Teddy that his actions wont always be blindly accepted by all, which is why I think he didnt fight harder to just say “My Empire. Billy stays.” Also The Knights of the Infinite were cool with Billy back in New Avengers, I don’t get the change from then till now with Mur-G’nn
    end of spoilers

I can't wait for the scene where Kate learns that another one of her ex's is also bi. That's like, 3/4, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Xavin did the same for Karolina.
    I say kick Kl'yrt to the curb and bring in XAVIN.
    Sure if Xavin is free add him, but why kick Kl'yrt considering he is strong, if not the strongest of the Superskrulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    I can't wait for the scene where Kate learns that another one of her ex's is also bi. That's like, 3/4, right?

I've always hated the idea that what Kl'rt did to help Teddy at the end of Vol. 1 was somehow supposed to make up for murdering his mom. Like, come on, that doesn't even begin to cover the trauma of someone who saw his mom burned to death right in front of his eyes at the age of 16. Plus, it's not like that particular plot point was ever explored after the book ended. Kl'rt could've done a million of good things ever since... but this issue clearly showed us that Teddy still has strong feelings about what happened. If he doesn't punish him for what he did (which I think he should), he should at least be able to be working with someone that doesn't remind him of that trauma all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    spoilers:
    So why did Tanalth want Billy out of the picture? I understand the plot to show Teddy that his actions wont always be blindly accepted by all, which is why I think he didnt fight harder to just say “My Empire. Billy stays.” Also The Knights of the Infinite were cool with Billy back in New Avengers, I don’t get the change from then till now with Mur-G’nn
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Tanalth just seemed to not like humans, full-stop. She referred to Billy as a pet, jester and monkey-spawn. My guess it's just Kree speciesism. As for Mur-G'nn... I'm not so sure. I did notice that her reasoning for opposing Teddy's relationship with Billy was different from the others; she said Billy ''is someone who can bring chaos'', which seems to be a specific concern about chaos magic. Maybe after what happened in New Avengers with Moridun and how Billy was almost possessed by him, she feared he could be a liability.
    end of spoilers

If/when Eli comes out, it'll be over for her.

Sure if Xavin is free add him, but why kick Kl'yrt considering he is strong, if not the strongest of the Superskrulls.
    Because not everything needs to be about physical strength? Xavin was introduced as part of a branch of the Skrull royal family.... meaning they are possibly even related to Teddy on some level. That relation is something he could use in his favor. Having two Skrull royals in charge could be a pretty big deal. Plus, it's also about trust. Teddy would definitely trust Xavin more than probably any other Skrull, because they were basically the ONLY Skrull friend/ally he ever had in his life before all this. Xavin was literally the first person who believed in his potential to be a savior of their kind and encouraged him to follow that path, even before he knew about Excelsior or the Knights. Teddy was a nobody back then with no power on Kree/Skrull society at all, but Xavin still believed him, without asking or gaining anything in return. The fact that they never tried to kidnap Teddy or murder his mom is naturally a nice bonus.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-22-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    If/when Eli comes out, it'll be over for her.
    As much as I want Eli back...and taking the Patriot title from the poser who took it up....now I am worried about how that will turn out.

spoilers:
    Mur-G'nn once called Billy a "Warper" instead of a magic-user because he doesn't serve "the secret fire"

It's the same problem Wanda and Billy have always faced. Due to the nature of their powers they control powerful energies that most witches could only dream of.
    Billy got to that level without any sort of traditional training or effort, he just rewrites reality with his words.
    He doesn't serve a god or a higher power, he doesn't have to study, give tributes or sacrifice. He has all of that power without doing any of the hardwork necessary to give him the wisdom of how to use it

I don't blame Mur-G'nn or other Kree/Skrull sorcerers for being unaccepting of Reality Warpers like Billy. What he does is chaotic, unpredictable and dangerous. He's summoned several threats to his own home just by idle reality browsing.

Up until Strikeforce, Billy didn't have to answer to anyone or anything, he could do whatever he wanted with no limits
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    As much as I want Eli back...and taking the Patriot title from the poser who took it up....now I am worried about how that will turn out.
    I think Eli will be the token exception.

Oh my god, y'all, I totally forgot to talk about this very important thing to me: Emperor Hulkling canonized the Dorrek-Vell name!!!! Dorrek-Vell is canon and I will never shut up about it!! Can we officially abolish Dorrek VIII? Please and thank you.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Oh my god, y'all, I totally forgot to talk about this very important thing to me: Emperor Hulkling canonized the Dorrek-Vell name!!!! Dorrek-Vell is canon and I will never shut up about it!! Can we officially abolish Dorrek VIII? Please and thank you.
    I was wondering if he was going to get something from the Vell side. He'd been called a Skrull name for awhile and it seemed a little jarring to me, that it was only acknowledging half of his heritage.

(Granted, it's the half that's royalty, while Mar-Vell was 'some mid-ranking schmuck in the Kree army, banging against the glass ceiling because he was a pink and not a blue', but still!)

And my current fanon is that Murr-Gnn or whatever her name was, who used to be all fine with Billy, but was now on-board with him going away, is feeling kinda threatened that her Emperor has a 'pet' magician who he would flat-out prefer to her by his throne, and renders her kind of surplus to the requirements. She wants to be part of this big history-making deal, at Space Prince's side, and if Billy's there for all his magical needs, she's might as well bugger off to the caterers and eat her feelings... (Glah-Ree and K'lrt are just kinda jerks. Tanalth, well. She'll get hers.)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 07-23-2020 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I was wondering if he was going to get something from the Vell side. He'd been called a Skrull name for awhile and it seemed a little jarring to me, that it was only acknowledging half of his heritage.

(Granted, it's the half that's royalty, while Mar-Vell was 'some mid-ranking schmuck in the Kree army, banging against the glass ceiling because he was a pink and not a blue', but still!)

And my current fanon is that Murr-Gnn or whatever her name was, who used to be all fine with Billy, but was now on-board with him going away, is feeling kinda threatened that her Emperor has a 'pet' magician who he would flat-out prefer to her by his throne, and renders her kind of surplus to the requirements. She wants to be part of this big history-making deal, at Space Prince's side, and if Billy's there for all his magical needs, she's might as well bugger off to the caterers and eat her feelings... (Glah-Ree and K'lrt are just kinda jerks. Tanalth, well. She'll get hers.)
    Well technically what Billy does isn't really magic, but I understand it's only natural for a bitch less fortunate to hate when a god, I'm sorry Demiurge steps into the building!

Superskrull wasn't hating this much during secret invasion, cause Billy was shading him left and right he should have kept that energy cause he can go honestly, they'll al learn to respect their future king Consort and god. They'll learn!
    Last edited by Journey; 07-23-2020 at 07:01 AM.