Page 53 of 131 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    In MCU related news, apparently Hailee Steinfeld is no longer on the run to play Kate in the Hawkeye show:

https://www.cbr.com/report-hailee-st...ye-mcu-disney/

Jeremy Conrad says Olivia Cooke and Taissa Farmiga were being considered for the role:

https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/1284267046037929984
    I have some lowkey emotional attachment to Taissa because of AHS but I'm not sure if I can see her as Kate...

Extraordinary Member

So a new YA with the original team or some old characters and some new??

Have 3 previous memebers....Patriot, Hawkeye and Speed...recruit a new team.

There are people like Thunderstrike and Spider-Girl as well as several files in the Avenger Fail-Safe Program who have not been elaborated on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

There are people like Thunderstrike and Spider-Girl as well as several files in the Avenger Fail-Safe Program who have not been elaborated on.
    I'm good with either, though if OG team later on recruit 2-3 new. If using a few originals but mainly new then yes use the fail safe, the second team's new members felt out of place.

Fail safe ideas added to the list.
    Luna Maximoff = Mantis
    Phobos = Heracles

I personally would just like the original team to comeback I get the concept of adding flavor to the dynamic but at the same time when you still have characters like Tommy, and Eli who have yet to be expanded upon or really grow into themselves, despite having so much backstory that's never been told, why bring in new people to focus on. I swear Tommy has all the makings of a star I am so excited we'll be getting to see him again on Wednesday, and Eli could be amazing and start a movement.

In MCU related news, apparently Hailee Steinfeld is no longer on the run to play Kate in the Hawkeye show:

https://www.cbr.com/report-hailee-st...ye-mcu-disney/

Jeremy Conrad says Olivia Cooke and Taissa Farmiga were being considered for the role:

https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/1284267046037929984
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I have some lowkey emotional attachment to Taissa because of AHS but I'm not sure if I can see her as Kate...
    I'm not too familiar with them but I feel like I can see them as Kate better then I can Steinfeld.

Spider-Girl would be a nice addition to the team. I think Ava Ayala aka White Tiger would also be a great choice for the team.

Skaar, too would be an interesting addition to the team. I think he was last seen without his Hulk/gamma powers; but he still packs a punch thanks to the Old Power.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Aveng...l-Safe_Program

I would want to see them dig into the list. Considering Hercules's promiscuity...I am sure he has a kid or 2 out there. Be interesting for him to have a daughter who thinks he is a scumbag for knocking her mom up and disappearing.

That sounds like a rip-off of Cassie Sandsmark, Wonder Girl, who, just like the character you're suggesting, is Zeus's granddaughter. Marvel shouldn't be copying DC.

Since we've already seen art it does seem any new book would start with the classic team. Spider-Girl would be a logical addition though.

And maybe Squirrel Girl, though she's nobody's legacy. She's been on a team with Wiccan and Hulkling before.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-19-2020 at 09:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That sounds like a rip-off of Cassie Sandsmark, Wonder Girl, who, just like the character you're suggesting, is Zeus's granddaughter. Marvel shouldn't be copying DC.

Since we've already seen art it does seem any new book would start with the classic team. Spider-Girl would be a logical addition though.

And maybe Squirrel Girl, though she's nobody's legacy. She's been on a team with Wiccan and Hulkling before.
    They have been ripping each other off for decades. And she is not going to have a lasso of be able to fly...just have Hercules's strength.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I have no particular beef with any of those choices, but I just find it a little weird that they were looking for actresses in their mid 20s when the actress who plays Cassie Lang is still a teen. I feel like they should probably get actors of around the same age to play the YA in the MCU. I hope they are not thinking of making Kate debut as an adult in the MCU, which could possibly alienate her from a YA lineup in the future.

It would largely depend on what kind of book we would be getting. If it was just a mini or a maxi-series like the two previous ongoings ended up being, then I have a preference for a book centering around the OG team coming back together. Billy, Teddy, Eli, Kate, Cassie and Tommy, plus some way to bring Jonas back, either with a new body or as an A.I. who aids the team.

Now if we had an actual long run, like a book that can actually last for more than 30 issues or so, I would still use the members I mentioned, but I would definitely add more members. I've said this before, and my opinion hasn't changed: I think we need new Iron Man/Thor/Hulk legacies on the team, since we kinda lost that ever since Nate left the group and Billy/Teddy outgrew the Thor/Hulk legacies. So I would add Toni Ho as the new Iron Lad(y), Lyra Walters as the new Hulkling (and yes, this would mean Teddy gets a new codename) and Modi Thorson (a new, 616 version of him) as the new Asgardian. As a bonus, I'd also add Shuri and Namorita just for the sake of having a perfect gender ratio (6 boys and 6 girls), and also because I think having a wakandan and an atlantean on the team would be fun. And yes, that would be a pretty big team with 12 members, but again, I'm working under the assumption that it would be a long run, so there would be plenty of pagetime to go around.

Holy hell, I never stopped to pay attention to that panel showing the names on the Avengers Fail-Safe Program. There are some brand new characters there that were never actually shown: Matthew Bronleewe, Todd Casey, Richard Chung, Anissa Dorsey, Perry Moore, Robin Parrish... those are all potential new heroes. Very interesting.

I would want to see them dig into the list. Considering Hercules's promiscuity...I am sure he has a kid or 2 out there. Be interesting for him to have a daughter who thinks he is a scumbag for knocking her mom up and disappearing.
    Here's an even more interesting take: a child of Hercules whose mom is not some random human woman.... but Loki. Yes, the old, villain Loki. We could find out that the old Loki had a relationship with Hercules years ago, and while on his female form, ended up getting pregnant with his child, who was then abandoned somewhere. Now that's a backstory I'd pay to read about.

Extraordinary Member

I have no particular beef with any of those choices, but I just find it a little weird that they were looking for actresses in their mid 20s when the actress who plays Cassie Lang is still a teen. I feel like they should probably get actors of around the same age to play the YA in the MCU. I hope they are not thinking of making Kate debut as an adult in the MCU, which could possibly alienate her from a YA lineup in the future.

It would largely depend on what kind of book we would be getting. If it was just a mini or a maxi-series like the two previous ongoings ended up being, then I have a preference for a book centering around the OG team coming back together. Billy, Teddy, Eli, Kate, Cassie and Tommy, plus some way to bring Jonas back, either with a new body or as an A.I. who aids the team.

Now if we had an actual long run, like a book that can actually last for more than 30 issues or so, I would still use the members I mentioned, but I would definitely add more members. I've said this before, and my opinion hasn't changed: I think we need new Iron Man/Thor/Hulk legacies on the team, since we kinda lost that ever since Nate left the group and Billy/Teddy outgrew the Thor/Hulk legacies. So I would add Toni Ho as the new Iron Lad(y), Lyra Walters as the new Hulkling (and yes, this would mean Teddy gets a new codename) and Modi Thorson (a new, 616 version of him) as the new Asgardian. As a bonus, I'd also add Shuri and Namorita just for the sake of having a perfect gender ratio (6 boys and 6 girls), and also because I think having a wakandan and an atlantean on the team would be fun. And yes, that would be a pretty big team with 12 members, but again, I'm working under the assumption that it would be a long run, so there would be plenty of pagetime to go around.

Holy hell, I never stopped to pay attention to that panel showing the names on the Avengers Fail-Safe Program. There are some brand new characters there that were never actually shown: Matthew Bronleewe, Todd Casey, Richard Chung, Anissa Dorsey, Perry Moore, Robin Parrish... those are all potential new heroes. Very interesting.

Here's an even more interesting take: a child of Hercules whose mom is not some random human woman.... but Loki. Yes, the old, villain Loki. We could find out that the old Loki had a relationship with Hercules years ago, and while on his female form, ended up getting pregnant with his child, who was then abandoned somewhere. Now that's a backstory I'd pay to read about.
    If we are doing Loki...I would say he fathered a child in the guise of Thor in a mischievous moment to make Thor look bad...the kid grows up an thinks Thor is his daddy...but then finds out it is Loki. His powers are like Jack Frost from Rise of The Guardians.

Ultimate Member

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Aveng...l-Safe_Program

Oh, I have thoughts on this subject...

Given that Genghis Khan has like *16 million descendants* and he only lived for 65 years, 800-ish years ago, and Hercules has been banging the livestock for at least 2000 years, pretty much all of Greece, and most of the Mediterranean, and sizable chunks of North Africa and Europe and East Asia, should have some smattering of his cream in their coffee.

So, since that's probably not the case; A) he's spent most of his time in Olympus, or wandering the galaxy, or whatever, B) he's not as fertile as dad, perhaps for the very reason that he spends too much time on Earth, and *someone* didn't want him pumping out as many demigods as dear old Zeus, C) some force or forces actively bump off any kids of Hercules that show up, and have been doing so for thousands of years, just to clean up the kiddie pool/eliminate the competition/passive-aggressively strike at Hercules.

(My votes are D) all of the above, and there's more than one force picking off any obvious descendants of Hercules out there. Hestia is still not entirely thrilled about getting demoted out of the Olympian 'big twelve' to make room for Zeus's most successful demigod, and is pre-emptively taking it out on any other demigods out there, before they get too big for their britches. Eros is cross that his mom Hera got cuckolded all those years ago, and the demigod bastard jumped the queue and got promoted past him, and rationalizes it as 'avenging' his mom's dishonor, even if it's just pettiness on his part (and his total unwillingness to get his face punched in trying to directly confront Hercules...). Hera herself got over trying to kill him centuries ago, and is not about to stoop to going after the bastard's bastards. She's been keeping Zeus on a tighter leash, and that keeps her busy.)

But that still leaves room for hundreds of byblows to have snuck by, keeping their abnormal strength and longevity on the downlow, and certain individuals in the Greek government might know the secret that there are a tiny sub-population of Greeks with anywhere from slightly superhuman to vastly superhuman strength, who, if outed as superhuman, seem to suffer 'accidents' fairly promptly thereafter, and to retain their services, these individuals could work behind the scenes to squash any publicity or rumors or conspiracy theories that pop up regarding them.

So we have some. And a built in story arc that something is hunting those who make a splash, so that any who do get active in superheroing better make up some Power Broker / mutant / Nuhuman alternate origin theory for themselves, and conceal any connection to Hercules. Or, perhaps one in the modern age has a rare confluence of 'Hercules genes' coming together, and can lift like 20 tons or something, and has 'found' the Lernean lion-skin, adapted to look like a cat-girl costume with an oversized head (that she peers out of the mouth of, like Troll), and has, unknown to her, been set out as bait by Hercules himself (who arranged for her to 'find' the Lernean lion-skin) and flush out the forces that have been killing his descendants all these ages for a well-deserved smiting!

And that could be just one of these Safe Program names. Teens related in some way to Avengers like Black Panther or Black Widow or Black Knight or Swordsman or Wonder Man or Luke Cage or Hank Pym could all be out there. (And by 'related to,' doesn't have to be by blood or anything. The Black Widow legacy could just be someone she smuggled out of Russia, a potential 'super-soldier' grown in one of the 'science cities' to be a pilot for the Titanium Man/Crimson Dynamo armors, and already over seven feet tall and able to lift half a ton *as a teenager,* only to be told he was going to be re-assigned to be a leg-breaker for some oil oligarch, before rescued and brought to the US. The Black Panther legacy could be a Wakandan synthezoid, more like the Vision than the Black Panther, created by a frustrated Wakandan scientist who felt like heart-shaped herbs and mystical mumbo-jumbo were being afforded too much say in the matters of Wakandan future, and not SCIENCE! and so made an artificial person to prove that it's not 'Bast' that makes Wakanda great, it's vibranium! This battlesuit looks like a green and gold Iron Man legacy, but it's actually also a life-support system, containing a liquid environment for the blue-skinned Atlantean Namor legacy piloting it!)

There's just a metric crap ton of potential.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh, I have thoughts on this subject...

Given that Genghis Khan has like *16 million descendants* and he only lived for 65 years, 800-ish years ago, and Hercules has been banging the livestock for at least 2000 years, pretty much all of Greece, and most of the Mediterranean, and sizable chunks of North Africa and Europe and East Asia, should have some smattering of his cream in their coffee.

So, since that's probably not the case; A) he's spent most of his time in Olympus, or wandering the galaxy, or whatever, B) he's not as fertile as dad, perhaps for the very reason that he spends too much time on Earth, and *someone* didn't want him pumping out as many demigods as dear old Zeus, C) some force or forces actively bump off any kids of Hercules that show up, and have been doing so for thousands of years, just to clean up the kiddie pool/eliminate the competition/passive-aggressively strike at Hercules.

(My votes are D) all of the above, and there's more than one force picking off any obvious descendants of Hercules out there. Hestia is still not entirely thrilled about getting demoted out of the Olympian 'big twelve' to make room for Zeus's most successful demigod, and is pre-emptively taking it out on any other demigods out there, before they get too big for their britches. Eros is cross that his mom Hera got cuckolded all those years ago, and the demigod bastard jumped the queue and got promoted past him, and rationalizes it as 'avenging' his mom's dishonor, even if it's just pettiness on his part (and his total unwillingness to get his face punched in trying to directly confront Hercules...). Hera herself got over trying to kill him centuries ago, and is not about to stoop to going after the bastard's bastards. She's been keeping Zeus on a tighter leash, and that keeps her busy.)

But that still leaves room for hundreds of byblows to have snuck by, keeping their abnormal strength and longevity on the downlow, and certain individuals in the Greek government might know the secret that there are a tiny sub-population of Greeks with anywhere from slightly superhuman to vastly superhuman strength, who, if outed as superhuman, seem to suffer 'accidents' fairly promptly thereafter, and to retain their services, these individuals could work behind the scenes to squash any publicity or rumors or conspiracy theories that pop up regarding them.

So we have some. And a built in story arc that something is hunting those who make a splash, so that any who do get active in superheroing better make up some Power Broker / mutant / Nuhuman alternate origin theory for themselves, and conceal any connection to Hercules. Or, perhaps one in the modern age has a rare confluence of 'Hercules genes' coming together, and can lift like 20 tons or something, and has 'found' the Lernean lion-skin, adapted to look like a cat-girl costume with an oversized head (that she peers out of the mouth of, like Troll), and has, unknown to her, been set out as bait by Hercules himself (who arranged for her to 'find' the Lernean lion-skin) and flush out the forces that have been killing his descendants all these ages for a well-deserved smiting!

And that could be just one of these Safe Program names. Teens related in some way to Avengers like Black Panther or Black Widow or Black Knight or Swordsman or Wonder Man or Luke Cage or Hank Pym could all be out there. (And by 'related to,' doesn't have to be by blood or anything. The Black Widow legacy could just be someone she smuggled out of Russia, a potential 'super-soldier' grown in one of the 'science cities' to be a pilot for the Titanium Man/Crimson Dynamo armors, and already over seven feet tall and able to lift half a ton *as a teenager,* only to be told he was going to be re-assigned to be a leg-breaker for some oil oligarch, before rescued and brought to the US. The Black Panther legacy could be a Wakandan synthezoid, more like the Vision than the Black Panther, created by a frustrated Wakandan scientist who felt like heart-shaped herbs and mystical mumbo-jumbo were being afforded too much say in the matters of Wakandan future, and not SCIENCE! and so made an artificial person to prove that it's not 'Bast' that makes Wakanda great, it's vibranium! This battlesuit looks like a green and gold Iron Man legacy, but it's actually also a life-support system, containing a liquid environment for the blue-skinned Atlantean Namor legacy piloting it!)

There's just a metric crap ton of potential.
    You sure have a way with words

I could see her being 18 or at least close to legal adult status if not outright in her 20's. I kind of have a feeling they'll end up having her and Clint both get arrested during the series like in the Fraction run. I don't think she'll be 21.
    That would be so messed up yet fascinating at the same time .

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And that could be just one of these Safe Program names. Teens related in some way to Avengers like Black Panther or Black Widow or Black Knight or Swordsman or Wonder Man or Luke Cage or Hank Pym could all be out there. (And by 'related to,' doesn't have to be by blood or anything. The Black Widow legacy could just be someone she smuggled out of Russia,
    That sounds too similar to Unstoppable Wasp. She was a Red Room escapee, and therefore could be considered a legacy to Natasha as well as Hank. Natasha has another existing legacy character - Red Widow.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman