Page 60 of 131 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I think dressing up as Avengers fanboys was all Nate trying to get Stark's attention.

The fail-safe didn't mention which Avenger they were related to.
    There could have also been some element of doing it to fool Kang. Have him thinking he was going up against one set of powers only for them to have surprise ones in reserve.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Those are all placeholders.

They are names of people Allan knows in real life.

Just google Allan’s name along with each name and you’ll see how he knows them.

The only one I can’t find along with his name is Richard Chung.

Edit: Duh, Richard Chung is probably someone the artist Jimmy Cheung knows.
    Well, that's a cool easter-egg. And it doesn't mean the names can't be turned into real characters. I remember Allan said Kate was based on someone he knew from real life, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The fail-safe never made much sense because how did Vision know about Billy, Tommy and Teddy when no one else did?

Unless Vizh kept a detailed genetic database of everyone in the country and cross-checked it with Avenger DNA
    Genetic database would explain Teddy, but not Billy and Tommy, since their connection to Wanda is spiritual and not biological. It's specially weird when you consider that Billy's powers only emerged for the first time after the AFSP was created (when he went to look for the Avengers for help, Avengers Disassembled had already happened, so Vision was dead by then), so how the hell did he even know to add Billy if the list was supposed to contain super-powered people (and we know that because Cassie and Eli weren't listed originally because no one knew they had powers)? The whole thing is just weird and it doesn't work unless you reveal the AFSP was created by someone who had a lot of privileged past/future knowledge... which is why I still stand by my headcanon that the program was actually created by Kang and planted on the destroyed Vision so his younger self could find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Also Teddy was listed as a Mutant.
    Was he? From what I recall, the whole mutant thing for Teddy was just something he assumed because he had no idea how else to explain his powers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Genetic database would explain Teddy, but not Billy and Tommy, since their connection to Wanda is spiritual and not biological. It's specially weird when you consider that Billy's powers only emerged for the first time after the AFSP was created (when he went to look for the Avengers for help, Avengers Disassembled had already happened, so Vision was dead by then), so how the hell did he even know to add Billy if the list was supposed to contain super-powered people (and we know that because Cassie and Eli weren't listed originally because no one knew they had powers)? The whole thing is just weird and it doesn't work unless you reveal the AFSP was created by someone who had a lot of privileged past/future knowledge... which is why I still stand by my headcanon that the program was actually created by Kang and planted on the destroyed Vision so his younger self could find it.
    My own notion was that it was created with help from one of the Avengers supernatural allies or members, who may have just 'cast a spell' and divined potential Avengers recruits to be examined at a later time (while not getting much real information on why those names might be potential future Avengers).

But Kang planting the list is an even cooler idea, and I now switch my endorsement like the fickle fool I am!

Eli didn't have powers at first. He pretended to, using Mutant Growth Hormone drugs. Later he needed a blood transfusion from his grandfather, which gave him the super soldier powers for real.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The ABSOLUTE strong soft goodest nice boy space hunk!! Long may he reign!
    Nice work and thanks again for sharing. Who is the girl with the pink hair?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    That’s Fuse’s sister Alloy.

That's Ramone/Alloy, America's girlfriend, and Fuse's sister.

Thanks for the info! What can Alloy and Fuse do?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Eli didn't have powers at first. He pretended to, using Mutant Growth Hormone drugs. Later he needed a blood transfusion from his grandfather, which gave him the super soldier powers for real.
    Man, for all that I love the Young Avengers, they sure did some strange with Eli. A black teen empowered by stolen drugs made from diced-up mutants? Yikes. And what were those powers? No idea, other than him mentioning *not* having super-strength, once. And then he gets powers from a Captain America blood-transfusion, which, *you'd think* would be Captain America-like, but, again, the only one we ever hear about is him mentioning on pretty much the last page that it includes super-hearing, which is *not* one of Captain America's special enhancements.

I do love the characters, but gosh, their powers and histories are just a mess, like the writer just couldn't be bothered.

(On the other hand, with a name like Patriot, and the precedent from Runaways of MGH being able to grant a specific set of powers, with some schmuck taking 'darkforce' to gain Cloak-powers, it would have been funny to see 'Patriot' have Cannonball's mutant power, to literally launch himself like a Patriot missile. As long as it was going to be temporary, this 'black kid uses drugs to appropriate mutant powers' brainfart, it could at least have been an *interesting* power!)

Their mother was a Dora Milaje assigned to America, she abandoned her post when she fell in love with some dude. When she died she left her kids with Vibranium rings that she somehow knew would activate their powers

Fuse has Absorbing Man type abilities, he can turn into different materials if he's contact with them. That's why he wears different facial piercings, so he's always in contact with some metal

Alloy's got some sort of metal epidermis/exoskeletal armor. It pretty much completely covers her from the neck down, and it seems permanent. It shapeshifts swords and tendrils for her to use, kinda like a symbiote.
    Last edited by Beetle; 07-25-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Ultimate Member

Fuse has Absorbing Man-like powers to transform into any substance he touches, like metal, stone or rubber. (Not clear if he can go further and assume non-solid forms like water, air, light or electricity.) He's got vibranium piercings, so that he's always in contact with vibranium, if he wants to transform, he can always do vibranium.

Alloy's skin is fused / bonded with a coating of vibranium that acts like armor.

Ooh, Beetle types faster and has better info. I'm double-ninja'd!

Extraordinary Member

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Johnny_Watts_(Earth-616)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ramone_Watts_(Earth-616)

I just saw someone pointing out on Tumblr that Billy held Excelsior in LOE:EH, and now I feel dumb I didn't notice that while reading it!

I'm curious about how the wielding rule for this sword works. We were led to believe back in New Avengers that only Teddy could wield it, but between Billy AND Black Panther (which we saw in a preview) being able to, I imagine Ewing is probably gonna come up with a new explanation.

I just saw someone pointing out on Tumblr that Billy held Excelsior in LOE:EH, and now I feel dumb I didn't notice that while reading it!

I'm curious about how the wielding rule for this sword works. We were led to believe back in New Avengers that only Teddy could wield it, but between Billy AND Black Panther (which we saw in a preview) being able to, I imagine Ewing is probably gonna come up with a new explanation.
    Idk he's kinda just grabbing it by the blade, is that really the same thing as wielding it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Idk he's kinda just grabbing it by the blade, is that really the same thing as wielding it?
    Yes? I mean, if Excelsior is anything like Mjolnir (and the way it was presented in New Avengers definitely made it look like it), anyone who's not ''worthy'' of it wouldn't be able to lift it in any way.