Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1963
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I wonder if Vee will appear he lived with Billy and Teddy for a while
    Shhh..we dont talk about that

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I still get a nagging feeling spoilers:
    The wedding will get interrupted by something. Normally, aftermath issues of events build the next event and rumors are almost EVERY book will tie in to King in Black
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The wedding won't get interrupted because the wedding already happened. It's the flashback we saw on Empyre #4. The Aftermath issue will be the wedding reception, according to Tom Brevoort. I guess that could be interrupted for whatever reason, but it won't stop Wickling from getting married because they already are.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Why are there X-Men on that cover instead of, say, America Chavez?!
    I feel like it was either just artistic liberty or editorial mandate to put some recognizable characters on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Heinburg and Cheung are playing favorites hence why Wanda and America aren't there and Cassie is in Stature garb. Then again, it's a Ewing story so they'll show up
    Heinberg is not involved on this issue at all, from what we know. Cheung did the cover, but we don't know how much liberty he had in choosing which character would make it on the cover. But yeah, we'll probably get a lot happening inside the book that we won't necessarily see represented on the cover. I just hope no one important is left out. I would hate if the Kaplan family wasn't there. spoilers:
    It's shameful enough that they missed Billy's wedding; I'm gonna be so pissed if they're not even in the reception.
    end of spoilers LET US FINALLY MEET BILLY'S BROTHERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So. You think they'll ever get around to rebuilding Jonas?
    I think this possibility would likely be brought up in a proper Young Avengers book, so let's hope Empyre: Avengers - Aftermath gives us that.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The FF and the Avenger, I can somewhat understand, since it's an Empyre cover.
    But Spider-Man, Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, and Wolverine can die in a fire. Prodigy, Noh Varr, America, Loki, Sunspot, Squirrel Girl, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver should have been on the cover, not them.
    I'm not that bothered with Spider-Man being there. He was with the New Avengers when the YA first started, and he's fought alongside and interacted with them during that time. Spidey was there when they were made full-fledged Avengers too, so I like to think they have a friendly relationship today. I agree that we probably should've had other characters instead of the X-Men, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    Sunspot better get at least an invite, I mean he already gave them a great gift with that apartment. I think Spider-Man would be on Teddy’s invite list if only so he can meet him, since hes impersonated him twice-ish.
    I totally forgot about Sunspot. Yeah, Prodigy and him would probably be the two X-Men who would get an invite. I guess Magneto too due to Children's Crusade, but it's the type of thing editorial might block because they want to reinforce the retcon of Erik not being related to the Maximoffs anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I wonder if Vee will appear he lived with Billy and Teddy for a while
    I wanna know what the heck happened to Vee after Death's Head as well. I think he has potential to be a recurring character in Young Avengers lore.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-06-2020 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    Sunspot better get at least an invite, I mean he already gave them a great gift with that apartment. I think Spider-Man would be on Teddy’s invite list if only so he can meet him, since hes impersonated him twice-ish.
    Ewing is writing, so hopefully our continuity King comes through -- or at the very least has someone mention "Berto sends his best from Space" since he's ......in space.

I hope there are LOTS of variants covers. I've never been one to collect variants but I'll make an exception here.

And here is where I throw in my two cents on the official Aftermath Cheung cover: Its beautiful --- BUT -- I must admit I am not too thrilled with the coloring job. Sorry everyone! The glow on Billy's face adds this other level of smoothness(?) and the coloring of his lips emphasizes the length of his smile and for me it looks like he's been botoxed and had a face lift.
    The B/W pencils are incredible thought.

Okay but so, NEXT ISSUE OF EMPYRE --- I hope we get some FIERCE Billy action. Demiurge gon' let them KNOW who they're messing with. He gon' let them KNOW how bad they f**ed up messing with his man like they did. I hope we get crackling blue shimmering energy signature eyes and billowing hood up because Billy is COMING FOR Y'ALL.

I hope they do a Schiti cover. That man does a sensational Wiccan.
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-06-2020 at 05:05 AM.

I can't see Vision approving of that, for the same reason he didn't rebuild Vin Vision, Viv's twin brother.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

If some write feels like it then it will happen. Could even just download his program into some other robot body like a heavily weaponized LMD.

Extraordinary Member

No offense but we’re way past Jonas now.

We’ve had the original Vision back, Virginia, Vin, Viv and Viv 2.0.

Jonas ain’t returning.

Just keep him as the token-staying-dead member of team, so writers aren’t in a rush to kill off other members
    Last edited by Will Evans; 08-06-2020 at 06:26 AM.

Will Evans is not wrong.

Does anyone honestly care about Jonas?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yes. He's got fans that want to see him back.

I wouldn't mind him coming back for one.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think the dramatic moment of the wedding/reception will be Loki showing up and everyone expecting him to start ****, cuz trickster god, but he really is just there to support Billy and Teddy.

As for X-characters, a lot of the NXM kids showed up at the end of Gillen's run, so I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of them. I can picture Anole openly sobbing. And I kind of do want Magneto to make an appearance despite the retcon.

I also wouldn't mind seeing some of the Runaways, at least Nico and Karolina (Xavin would also be nice, but I'm sure that's not happening).

I'm perfectly fine with Death's Head being ignored for the rest of time, and don't particularly care about Jonas.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Folks used to say the same thing about Eli and Cassie when it didn't look like they were coming back

Frankly I like them all more than Kate or Noh-Varr at this point

I second(?) the desire for some Runaways to show up at the reception. That would be lovely. I know Kate & Karolina are friends -- enough to have each other's cell phone number. But...then again, just because Kate and Karry are pals doesn't mean Billy and Teddy are going to invite her to the wedding(?) but...I'd like to think they're all friendly.

Just wanted to say Congrats to all the Hulkling and Wiccan fans. You guys deserve this. I'm always glad to see comic fans get something they really want.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can't see Vision approving of that, for the same reason he didn't rebuild Vin Vision, Viv's twin brother.
    But he did build a second Viv though. Also does he get much of a say, Jonas is more a clone of Vision then a child of him.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Ehhh, I feel like Jonas doesn't really need to come back. I could maybe see Vision somehow having a back up of Jonas in some flash drive, or they take a page out of the MCU and retcon him to have somehow escaped to a hidden server or the internet before getting fried. Still, what purpose would he serve?

Last time he was with them, they were kids. I could maybe see it as a way to give Cassie another chance at a romance, but I feel like the more likely and dramatic option would just be to bring back Nate (which, btw, how is he?)