Page 62 of 131 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I too would like to see him appear more in the comics. I also would like for him to have his own unique personalized armor, but keep the green/gray color scheme as a means to connecting him to Latveria/Doom.

I think he would fit perfectly with the Young Avenger's. His powers/abilities make him a nice mix of Iron Lad and Wiccan. Plus he has access to vast wealth and resources. Him being a member of the team can also bring about some nice drama/tension between him and the other heroes.
    I have mentioned this many times in Doom threads so...

Kristoff would have been an interesting addition to the Doctor Doom series with Victor on the run. Kristoff shows up and takes over Latveria and keeps the peace and defends the borders effectively...but is a kinder, gentler ruler of the people.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, it's one thing for only one person to be able to take it out of the stone, and another for them to be the only ones able to hold it. Like Sailor Venus with her sword, actually, which is also inspired by Excalibur.

Anyways, which preview/cover has T'Challa with it?(I already hate it if it's not gonna be a "Oh, wait..." moment).
    It's in a textless preview for issue #4: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ts-in-empyre-4

Also, now that I'm looking at it again, I'm reminded that not only he wields the sword, but we can see that apparently he CAN use its powers (look how the sword glows and sparks on his hand), so that seems to trump the idea that just one person can use its power too. My theory is that the sword responds only to Teddy OR to whoever he gives consent to use it. If someone he doesn't want to tries to grab a hold of it, the sword would probably repel them.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I think Kristoff Vernard would also be a great addition to the team. He can definitely fill the role of team frenemy and has access to ancient magic and advanced tech with the super-genius to back it all up.

I like this idea. I would love to see Kristoff's dynamic with Cassie now that they're older, since they used to be childhood friends. Would they still get along? And how did Kristoff react to Cassie's death, knowing it was his father who killed her and then brought her back? There are some interesting story holes to be filled there.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-26-2020 at 01:36 AM.

I mean there's always a chance that's just Teddy shapeshifting as T'Challa in order to unify the Kree-Skrulls and the Wakandans

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I mean there's always a chance that's just Teddy shapeshifting as T'Challa in order to unify the Kree-Skrulls and the Wakandans
    That could be possible. I could see the Kree and Skrulls being upset that their emperor gave away their most sacred artifact to a human, given their opinions of humans and earth from LoE:EH. Either to unite the two forces or as a misdirect since the Cotati see T’Challa as the most dangerous man on the planet. It could be part of a trap for the Cotati.

Astonishing Member

"If we had a week, I couldn't list all the reasons that won't work."
    ----Batman

Uh.... y'all didn't NEED all that air in your lungs, did you?
    Because this sh!t is BREATHTAKING.

Line work courtesy of the amazing @ArtofNickRobles (Nick Robles)
    Color work courtesy of the amazing @kmichaelrussell (Kurt Michael Russell)

Per the Excelsior handling concern, it was my belief that the sword, like Excalibur, could only be extracted(?) removed(?) liberated(?) claimed(?) by Dorrek supreme descendants -- in this case, our boy Teddy.
    I assume much of its magical properties are uniquely activated(?) by Teddy exclusively, and it functions as a basic sword for anyone else. But with Teddy's admission that the sword recognizes friend from foe, which I like to think is because of Teddy's big heart being mirrored in the sword, perhaps the functionality is dependent on who is holding it and their relation to Teddy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Per the Excelsior handling concern, it was my belief that the sword, like Excalibur, could only be extracted(?) removed(?) liberated(?) claimed(?) by Dorrek supreme descendants -- in this case, our boy Teddy.
    I assume much of its magical properties are uniquely activated(?) by Teddy exclusively, and it functions as a basic sword for anyone else. But with Teddy's admission that the sword recognizes friend from foe, which I like to think is because of Teddy's big heart being mirrored in the sword, perhaps the functionality is dependent on who is holding it and their relation to Teddy.
    Could be that the sword (or the enchantment on it) is intelligent enough, or tied to Teddy enough, that it will work for *anyone* that Teddy approves of using it, in any manner which he approves of. (So if he willingly loaned it to someone, and they promptly tried to stab him with it, it would vanish from their hand and reappear in his, in that case.)

Or it might be a little more particular / sapient, and only work for other people, such as T'Challa, if they are fighting on Teddy's behalf *and* Teddy is somehow incapacitated at the moment. (So Teddy get's knocked down, and T'Challa grabs up the sword and stands guard over him, so the sword happily goes all out to defend Teddy, even if Teddy's down at the moment and can't consciously give permission.)

I am intrigued by this sword-business, since it seemed like such a weird aside in Avengers when Teddy first got the sword and heard about this prophecy, and now it's back and relevant, and possibly even a Mjolnir-level weapon, which seems way, way larger than I first imagined it (more of a 'Black Knight's sword' type dealie, and not a 'this magic weapon I just got is stronger than Spider-Man's entire powerset')...

To be fair the Ebony Blade isn't anything the sneeze at either. It cuts through practically everything, and its indestructible I don't think adamantium or vibranium have ever scratched it. And Bloodwraith used a version of the sword to absorb the souls of an entire country

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I hadn't thought of that. It's possible. Wouldn't be the first time he disguised himself as an Avenger during a big event...

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Uh.... y'all didn't NEED all that air in your lungs, did you?
    Because this sh!t is BREATHTAKING.

Line work courtesy of the amazing @ArtofNickRobles (Nick Robles)
    Color work courtesy of the amazing @kmichaelrussell (Kurt Michael Russell)
    I had seen the first, but not the second one. It looks even more stunning with colors! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh gosh, so many from this young generation. From the New Warriors, I did like Water Snake (and it'd be fun to have a 'Namor legacy' on the team), but would prefer Sun Girl, or even Haechi. My favorite Initiative pair were Komodo and Hardball, but they feel 'too old' for this crowd and don't feel like they'd mesh well. Maybe Armory? Fuse and Alloy, from West Coast Avengers, definitely. Finesse or Reptil or Striker from Avengers Academy? Various New X-Men, like Loa or Bling! or Indra, that Hickman isn't really using over on Krakoa.

It's an embarrassment of riches out there in teen-hero land!
    Finesse, honestly, is more likely to end up with the Champions at this point, as she's a member of Nadia Van Dyne's G.I.R.L. thinktank.

Fuse and Alloy would certainly make sense to be in a new YA lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It seems like...aside from Dust...they aren't let out of the X-Office to play.
    Yeah, and it's surprising to see Dust is still with the team in the panel from Champions #1 that was revealed the other day. When she wasn't in the Outlawed one-shot I assumed she'd just gone back to Krakoa. The reason she joined the Champions in the first place is because the team had to rescue her from anti-mutant protesters and Cyclops said she'd be better off with the Champs than with his X-Men, who were on a suicide mission (Rosenberg had been told anyone could die because Hickman would just resurrect them). Also, Dust thought all her friends were dead (they were actually in the Age of X-Man). Now, she'd be safe with the X-Men. Yet she's hiding with the Champions instead of going to the new mutant nation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh gosh, so many from this young generation. From the New Warriors, I did like Water Snake (and it'd be fun to have a 'Namor legacy' on the team), but would prefer Sun Girl, or even Haechi. My favorite Initiative pair were Komodo and Hardball, but they feel 'too old' for this crowd and don't feel like they'd mesh well. Maybe Armory? Fuse and Alloy, from West Coast Avengers, definitely. Finesse or Reptil or Striker from Avengers Academy? Various New X-Men, like Loa or Bling! or Indra, that Hickman isn't really using over on Krakoa.

It's an embarrassment of riches out there in teen-hero land!
    If you are looking for a good Aquamariner then may I suggest Mar https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mar_(Earth-616)

Well on the sword subject, I asked Anthony about it and this was his reply:
    https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1287250300089372673

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well on the sword subject, I asked Anthony about it and this was his reply:
    https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1287250300089372673
    So he went to the definitive source??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I have mentioned this many times in Doom threads so...

Kristoff would have been an interesting addition to the Doctor Doom series with Victor on the run. Kristoff shows up and takes over Latveria and keeps the peace and defends the borders effectively...but is a kinder, gentler ruler of the people.
    This how I imagined him as well. While he certainly has Doom's drive, he is nowhere near as cruel as Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I like this idea. I would love to see Kristoff's dynamic with Cassie now that they're older, since they used to be childhood friends. Would they still get along? And how did Kristoff react to Cassie's death, knowing it was his father who killed her and then brought her back? There are some interesting story holes to be filled there.
    Very interesting. His friendship with Cassie is certainly something that should be readdressed. I also wonder how the other team members would react to him. For some reason, I don't think Kristoff and Tommy would get along well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!