Page 10 of 131 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's true that sexuality is a spectrum, but you are giving too much credit to what Kieron Gillen actually did with Tommy. He didn't write some complex story about Tommy's sexuality; he literally wrote one page in which he is kissed by a guy by accident, he pushes him away, yells at him and then proceeds to completely ignore him so he can dance with a girl. And then this kiss is used as a joke at the end so a character could act shocked and wonder if she's the only straight person there. That was it. If someone wanted to use this moment to write something more substantial in the future? That would be great. But no one has done that. So, as it stands, I don't see why I should consider it as an actual representation. I will when someone gives me a reason to.
    Thank you. You said it much better than I would. I personally didn't count Noh-Varr as bi either until Thompson actually did something with that in WCA.

Judging from the two Empyre teasers revealed tonight - showing the Kree-Skrull War and the Celestial Madonna - I think it's safe to say that there'll be another featuring the Young Avengers, whose origin was mentioned alongside those two storylines in the teaser video.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm not against the idea; I'm against fans trying to make it something more than it actually was. I don't think it's a big deal to ask for standards as to what counts as representation, otherwise anything can count as a representation and that can very easily turn into a problem, with companies thinking that they don't even need to do the bare minimum with queer rep in order to give fans the representation they want.

It's true that sexuality is a spectrum, but you are giving too much credit to what Kieron Gillen actually did with Tommy. He didn't write some complex story about Tommy's sexuality; he literally wrote one page in which he is kissed by a guy by accident, he pushes him away, yells at him and then proceeds to completely ignore him so he can dance with a girl. And then this kiss is used as a joke at the end so a character could act shocked and wonder if she's the only straight person there. That was it. If someone wanted to use this moment to write something more substantial in the future? That would be great. But no one has done that. So, as it stands, I don't see why I should consider it as an actual representation. I will when someone gives me a reason to.
    l think your stance would hold more water if Kieron Gillen run hadn't gone out of its way to be as queer positive as possible, if it was the sort of book where a brief kiss between two boys being played for laughs was the only hint at Lgbt rep present then yes there would be valid concerns about companies doing the bare minimum and fans being content with scraps but considering it's a book that features a gay couple at it's emotional center and multiple explicitly queer characters than I think we can give Kieron and Marvel the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Tommy and that like most of his character it's underdeveloped only because everything about him kind of is.

You've clearly taken a very fastidious approach to this topic (and in way can I respect that) but I think most like myself aren't trying to champion potentially poor representation but are just taking into account the wider context of all the positive lgbt content present throughout Kieron run and see it as just as bring another part of the wider picture he was clearly trying to paint.

If Empyre doesn't end with a Wickling wedding I will never touch another comic!!! Why has Billy not Married this man!?!?!?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post

If Empyre doesn't end with a Wickling wedding I will never touch another comic!!! Why has Billy not Married this man!?!?!?
    the war ending with the wedding of the kree-Skrull emperor and the Dermiurge, the living envodiment of all the life of the planet. I would love it.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Teddy Altman... more like DADDY Altman, am I right? But seriously, that art is so fucking gorgeous. Mar-Vell and Anelle are also looking pretty good up there. I really hope we get some good flashback moments with them, giving more context to their relationship.

About the wedding... I think Billy and Teddy should get married in a story that's 100% about them. I've always thought that a perfect wedding for them would be slowly built up in a Young Avengers run, which would lead to a special annual (by Heinberg & Cheung) with the big day. Empyre sounds cool and all... but if the story is going to be all about alien invasions and conflict, that leaves little time to actually focus on Billy and Teddy as a couple. We'll see how Ewing handles this...

Insider Daniel Richtman posted this on Twitter: https://twitter.com/rpk_daniel/statu...22451303714817

Not sure if it's an actual scoop or if he's just being funny... I think it's too soon for anyone to have any actual info about Teddy coming to the MCU unless he's making a surprise appearence early on, like maybe with the S.W.O.R.D. stuff on WandaVision. Can you IMAGINE if both Billy and Teddy are introduced on that show? I would die.

[.twimg.com/media/EORc5vjXkAAXn1M?format=jpg&name=large[/IMG]

Because he’s covered in scales? And not the kind that lotion erases.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Meh Ones a shapeshifter the others a god such issues are no concern!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I want those scales touching my body.

Insider Daniel Richtman posted this on Twitter: https://twitter.com/rpk_daniel/statu...22451303714817

Not sure if it's an actual scoop or if he's just being funny... I think it's too soon for anyone to have any actual info about Teddy coming to the MCU unless he's making a surprise appearence early on, like maybe with the S.W.O.R.D. stuff on WandaVision. Can you IMAGINE if both Billy and Teddy are introduced on that show? I would die.
    Well, this explains why he tweeted that. Not sure how reliable this is, but it got some insiders talking about it, so... fingers crossed.

I thought he was just baiting people by using that beautiful cover image to create hysteria among the fandom. My reflex reaction was "STOP LYING TO PEOPLE"!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I thought he was just baiting people by using that beautiful cover image to create hysteria among the fandom. My reflex reaction was "STOP LYING TO PEOPLE"!
    I also thought that he was just baiting or trolling people when he posted that. It seemed so random... but now two other separate sources are saying the same.

It's honestly crazy to think that we could be getting Billy and Teddy debuting in the MCU some months from now. I hyperventilate just thinking about it.

Woah, did you guys see the preview for Ewing's first issue of GotG?

spoilers:
    It looks like the Kree and the Skrull are keeping it under wraps that they've United under Teddy.

The Kree Imperials have called a ceasefire with the Kree Utopians
    While the Skrulls are blowing up Suns?

Damn Emperor Dorrek
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Woah, did you guys see the preview for Ewing's first issue of GotG?

spoilers:
    It looks like the Kree and the Skrull are keeping it under wraps that they've United under Teddy.

The Kree Imperials have called a ceasefire with the Kree Utopians
    While the Skrulls are blowing up Suns?

Damn Emperor Dorrek
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The ceasefire is a good thing, right? It shows he's trying to de-escalate tensions.

As for the Skrulls blowing up suns... I hope it's just an exaggeration and it's not one of those things that result in billions of people dying, honestly. I really don't want Teddy to be tainted with some kind of Dark Phoenix reputation.
    end of spoilers