Page 29 of 131 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

BTW Billy and the rest of Strikeforce had cameos in Spider-Woman today!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Do we know who is on ART duty for that Billy-centric Strikeforce issue?
    Germán Peralta, according to the solicitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    No YA in Outlaw I'm disgusted all that false advertisement just to get what I expected, mediocre **** up by the Champions such a pity.
    I’m not surprised, honestly. Way too many characters were used in the promotional images for this one-shot; there was no way all of them would actually appear. YA fans should be focused on Empyre; Brevoort himself said recently that we’re gonna see some YA members (other than Billy and Teddy) there. Let’s hope Tommy actually gets to come out of the vault this time around.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    No YA in Outlaw I'm disgusted all that false advertisement just to get what I expected, mediocre **** up by the Champions such a pity.
    That showing just proves (in universe) that they have no business running around doing this. Power Man laid out the plan...everyone started complaining about it....and when they finally executed it Viv had went rogue and got in the way of his shot leading to the disaster.

All-New Member

AMERICA CHAVEZ: MADE IN THE USA #1 (OF 5)
    Written by KALINDA VAZQUEZ
    Art by CARLOS GÓMEZ
    COVER BY SARA PICHELLI
    Link to article

Quote Originally Posted by donkey View Post
    Another America solo!!!!!! The last one was such **** I am Disgusted........ I'll be reading it though..... Slightly curious what could possibly shake her whole foundation/beliefs.
    Last edited by Journey; 03-19-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Let's hope it's better quality than her last book!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I feel like "Made in the USA" is a weird tagline for a latinx superhero in the current political climate

Plus she isn't even American, she's from the Utopian Parallel, so she literally ISN'T Made in the USA. She just adopted US iconography because she happens to share the name of the country.

Also odd - no apparent connection to Outlawed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Plus she isn't even American, she's from the Utopian Parallel, so she literally ISN'T Made in the USA. She just adopted US iconography because she happens to share the name of the country.

Well maybe this just confirms are suspicions she's over 21. She seemed a lot more mature than the rest of the team before her solo fucked that up.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out what shakes her America has always seemed consistent with her beliefs. Hope it's nothing trivial like Ramone cheating on her or something.

Her breasts are all goofy on that cover.

Edit: Nvmd. Its Pichelli. I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Between the title and the solicit – I'm anticipating a major rewrite of her origins.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donkey View Post
    LOL, this cannot be a coincidence. Like I was just saying one page ago, her first solo series was announced after Image was going to publish her copycat America Vasquez, and now they’re just randomly dropping a new miniseries for her on the solicits without even promoting it beforehand around the same time Image is finally publishing Vasquez. I feel like this is Marvel’s passive aggressive way of marking their territory, but hey, as long as it gives us more MAC stories, fine by me. Let’s hope things turn out better than last time around. This is their opportunity to take that bad taste off of people’s mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I feel like "Made in the USA" is a weird tagline for a latinx superhero in the current political climate
    Yeah, I don’t get this subtitle at all, not only because of political reasons, but because it is quite literally a wrong description of her origins. Unless.... I wonder if there’s a retcon coming our way. They do say this book is about her origins, which is a little odd, considering she got a book about that not long ago. Maybe they’ll try to tie her origins more closely to Earth somehow? After all, the creator of her world is an earthling.

And speaking of which, this is something that I hope we see in this book that I feel like it’s been really lacking in MAC’s story ever since Young Avengers: her relationship with Billy. Her whole motivation to come to Earth 616 was to protect him and make sure he fulfills his destiny. And now they don’t even talk to each other anymore? She goes on to become a space cop with the Ultimates, goes on to the West Coast to be a part of a random reality show, all of this while apparently not even staying in touch with him (as shown on Death’s Head)? It’s weird, like the writers forgot all about how much of a big deal the Demiurge was to her.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-19-2020 at 01:12 PM.

I'm sure it's supposed to be about Dreamers and how where you're born isn't what makes you American. It's about where you're raised and the life you build for yourself.

But it just seems odd when America has spent so much of her life travelling between alternate universes

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Between the title and the solicit – I'm anticipating a major rewrite of her origins.
    Well in theory they don't really have to rewrite it, they only thing established about America that until the age of about 7-10 she grew up in the utopian parallel, worshiped the Demiurge, and her parents sacrificed themselves and she kicked her way into earth. IDK where exactly she got her powers I kinda of skimmed through her solo so don't know exactly where she draws her powers from, or if that was ever even established.

Anyways from the point she came to earth their's a whole bunch of wiggle room where you can use the whole "Made in the USA" schtick. Even though she was always bouncing between the multiverse I'm sure their was some area she considered "home"

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

And speaking of which, this is something that I hope we see in this book that I feel like it’s been really lacking in MAC’s story ever since Young Avengers: her relationship with Billy. Her whole motivation to come to Earth 616 was to protect him and make sure he fulfills his destiny. And now they don’t even talk to each other anymore? She goes on to become a space cop with the Ultimates, goes on to the West Coast to be a part of a random reality show, all of this while apparently not even staying in touch with him (as shown on Death’s Head)? It’s weird, like the writers forgot all about how much of a big deal the Demiurge was to her.
    I think Tini just really didn't do her research all that well cause I know for a fact Teddy was texting America during that little Mini he had with David and Noh, during the whole who killed the watcher thing. So they know she has a number cause Teddy had it, frankly I just take everything Billy said during that little rant in Deathshead with a grain of salt and chop it up to him having a "bad day". One it implies he's beefing with Tommy for unknown reasons, and 2 that him and Teddy have no interaction with YA other than Kate which is dumb because they all just linked up in 1000, and before that in Civil War 2.

And I agree the fact that Billy is literally her god and was only addressed in her solo one time as a statue doesn't add up I'd love for them to have a better relationship she clearly cares about him. Most writers seem to prefer lumping her and Kate together though for some reason, even though in Volume 2 they barely interacted through most of it.