Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Empyre is getting a whole Handbook issue, which is pretty cool.

EMPYRE HANDBOOK #1
    VARIOUS (W) • VARIOUS (A) • Cover by RON LIM
    Multiple races across the universe are pulled into a major conflict when EMPYRE hits! The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe helps keep the participants straight with updates of the major players in this star-spanning war: The Avengers! The Fantastic Four! Captain Marvel (Danvers)! The Skrulls! The Kree! Hulkling! Plus: All-new profiles of Kree members Bel-Dann, Captain Glory (Gla-Ree) and Tanalth, Skrull member Raksor, and the Cotati Swordsman! Also featuring the mysterious, never-before profiled Blue Area of Earth’s Moon!
    48 pages/ONE–SHOT/ Rated T+ …$4.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Empyre #1 preview:
    https://www.newsarama.com/48730-empy...-avengers.html

Unlettered, but you can get the gist. Oh, Teddy...
    It's really nice seeing Teddy on all those covers. I still can't believe he really is the protagonist of an entire event.

Things being less than friendly between the Kree/Skrulls and the FF/Avengers is not exactly shocking. It's how I pretty much imagined the event would start. I'm sure by the end of it, they'll be on the same side, though. Anyway, CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW TEDDY SINGLE-HANDEDLY STOPPED MJOLNIR USING EXCELSIOR???? That. was. so. badass. I really hope Ewing and Slott take Teddy to the next level as a cosmic hero, not only story-wise, but power-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by donkey View Post
    YNGAVN-GM-CC-TPB.jpg

Gillen & McKelvie run getting collected.
    Good timing. Hopefully the fact that they are reprinting this means something...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    And for our weekly "Young Avengers character rumored to appear on the MCU"...
    https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...merica-chavez/

ManaByte says on his site's report of the news that "I’ve been able to confirm that the casting information they are going off of is legitimate."
    I feel like while the casting for a hispanic actress is definitely true, the part about her being specifically America may be mostly speculation. Charles Murphy seems to think so, at least. Like, even the way the website words it; saying she ''may'' or ''might'' appear is different from the Hulkling reports, which were pretty straightforward about him being cast, so I'm gonna keep my hopes down for this one... Although it would make sense for MAC to debut here, considering her powers. And it would fit with previous rumors we got about her getting her own show. Let's hope for the best!
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-23-2020 at 06:39 PM.