Page 33 of 131 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Great interview about Empyre/Teddy/the one-shot with Anthony Oliveira on AIPT:

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/03/31/em...logy-and-more/

Billy vs the island of mutants how juicy!!! God I hope Marvel's into that!!

Actually that whole interview teased some juiciness to come, dare I say Tommy and David might be made official?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The one criticism towards TCC that I agree with is that it felt like there was too much going on too fast, but I kind of get why, considering the circumstances. Allan Heinberg had to cram every plan he had into that event to finish his run. I think if he had gotten to do his YA run like he originally planned, as an actual ongoing book with multiple arcs, things would've flowed better.
    I think he would’ve been better off just cutting stuff out of the plan than cramming it all into one series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Actually that whole interview teased some juiciness to come, dare I say Tommy and David might be made official?
    Going to be honest I kind of hope they don't go this route, like the fan base for this comic went nuts over an accidental kiss between 2 people who showed no interest in each other in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Going to be honest I kind of hope they don't go this route, like the fan base for this comic went nuts over an accidental kiss between 2 people who showed no interest in each other in that regard.
    Well I don't even like David, and the fact he's close with Teddy and Tommy has me looking at all 3 sideways. However if they went that route it probably be the most intresting thing to happen to either characters since their debut.

Astonishing Member

Well I don't even like David, and the fact he's close with Teddy and Tommy has me looking at all 3 sideways. However if they went that route it probably be the most intresting thing to happen to either characters since their debut.
    Which is a shame on Tommy's part cause of the 1st YA he was the only one actively superheroing with the rest being retired and Teddy doing it in secret.

David is in the New X Factor series coming out.

Edit: Nevermind. Wiccan beat me to it hahahaha

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Ooh, that interview! As if I could get any more hype...

Interesting to hear that there will be some focus on Tommy, and on his relationship with someone other than Billy!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm hoping Hulkling's reign is gonna last past Empyre and become the new status quo, tbh, and if there's a relaunch they just manage to include him somehow without being like, really a member of the team.
    I'm hoping his reign will last too, but I hope this doesn't mean he would be so limited to appear in a YA series. Like, maybe skipping an issue here and there, but not long periods of time without him there at all. I think that would be bullshit when they let plenty of other characters appear in more than one book simultaneously, doing completely different things, sometimes with barely any clear explanation as to how or why. Captain Marvel at one point was a part of three different teams at the same time, for crying out loud. And that's assuming Teddy would get another book to appear on. If it comes down to him appearing regularly on Young Avengers or being king off-page, then it's even more reason to actually use him on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be a weird cover for a number 1 issue too, unless it's like a "welcome back" or celebratory variant.
    If it's not for Empyre, then we don't even know if it's for a cover at all, since we don't know what Jim is working for Marvel other than that. For all we know, it could be interior art.

I was waiting for that!! I always love reading Anthony's thoughts on the boys!

Confirmation that David and Tommy will appear in Emperor Hulkling and we'll see more of their friendship with Teddy. Nice.

I liked what he said about how this story starts for Teddy, and how it kind of continues from where he was on My Drag Brunch With Loki. And with the story putting him in the exact same place (Anthony's words), I wonder if we'll finally get a confirmation about whether Billy and Teddy moved from their loft or if Death's Head/Strikeforce just misrepresented how their place was supposed to look like.

He brought up a very interesting point about Teddy's ''straight passing privilege'', and how Billy didn't have that growing up. That's something I never thought about. I wonder if that's something that's going to be explored in this one-shot. Also, I liked what he said about Skrull physiology.

Their favorite Carly Rae Jepsen songs? Not sure why I needed to know that, but thanks. And the playlist he made for the one-shot is pretty nice too.

What he said about Teddy liking action figures broke my heart a little.

And his idea for a Wiccan/Hulkling book, emulating the old ScarletVision duo book? YES, please. Let him do it, Marvel, or else you're homophobic. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

Billy vs the island of mutants how juicy!!! God I hope Marvel's into that!!
    Not just Billy; he also says if he could write an event, he would put Wanda against Magneto and Krakoa. THIS MAN LIVES FOR THE DRAMA, I LOVE IT! Also, I'm sooo glad he apparently recognizes Billy would not just side with Krakoa, due to the circumstances. That is exactly how I feel and I'm happy to be validated by a Marvel writer.

Not sure if that's the vibe I'm getting from it. He describes their dynamic as weird, which is not how I would describe an official couple. I think it's possible he might play with the sexual tensions there, considering David kissed both Teddy and Tommy and now he's hanging out with both of them. That has to be some kind of awkward, right? Also, David is about to go back to the X-books soon, so I would think that Anthony wouldn't have the last word on his love life right now.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think he would’ve been better off just cutting stuff out of the plan than cramming it all into one series.
    The thing is, I think he probably DID cut stuff out. He talked about how there was some stuff he never got to do, like a Young Masters arc involving Tommy. So I think he already sacrificed plenty for TCC, and the stuff there were the things he just didn't wanna give up on.

The thing is, I think he probably DID cut stuff out. He talked about how there was some stuff he never got to do, like a Young Masters arc involving Tommy. So I think he already sacrificed plenty for TCC, and the stuff there were the things he just didn't wanna give up on.
    He should've cut more, then.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Eli will be showing up in an upcoming Black Panther issue!

What the hell, Miles? Why is he there with his mask off in a big crowd like that? Way to blow the secret identity!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Good, I hope we keep getting more appearances like this for him.

I miss his friendships with Kate and the rest of them.

Is this Black Panther? Or that Empyre tie In Attack on Wakanda? The latter is the only reason I could see him being there either way great to see him suited up again. And wow Fury's not the Watcher anymore?