Page 66 of 99 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1480
  1. #976
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,369

    Default

    I'm fine with Young Avengers as a name
    They're still younger than most Avengers (even if they're older than the Champions)

    Besides it's a strong and popular brand name for them, trying to rebrand never really works out

  2. #977
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Do you guys really want them to be the Young Avengers when the event ends?
    I don't know, it seems like a huge step back after all they've been through. I don't want them to be seen as just the Avengers rookies again.
    I'd much rather see them adopting a new name like The Ultimates. Something that doesn't automatically make them seem lesser than the main team.
    It's more about branding and like... Franchise building(?). New Mutants are still being called New Mutants as full-on adults, even when some are married or have children. Plus with Marvel's timeline, the YA should still be young enough, even if sometimes they're not portrayed as such. I think it's important that, whenever there's a "Young Avengers" book, or idk, cartoon, movie, game, appearances on those at least, the characters have a home in that.

    Not to mention, the idea of them being really "Avengers rookies" was kinda dumped already in Gillen's run. They were really just a bunch of people getting together to do superhero stuff and hangout, and they just called themselves Young Avengers because why not. If Marvel actually commited to a Young Avengers rebrand, where they created a "new team" that was really/mostly YA characters under a new brand and really tried pushing that, I wouldn't mind that. But I'm not counting on that ever happening.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-31-2020 at 04:32 PM.

  3. #978
    Spectacular Member Waking Replica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Do you guys really want them to be the Young Avengers when the event ends?
    I don't know, it seems like a huge step back after all they've been through. I don't want them to be seen as just the Avengers rookies again.
    I'd much rather see them adopting a new name like The Ultimates. Something that doesn't automatically make them seem lesser than the main team.
    Funny you mention the Ultimates, because I was just thinking about them folding into that name the other day lol. It would help solve the issue of Teddy's involvement, instead of just axing him from the team, which I a) don't think should happen and b)should probably never happen (but that's just me), have him get to lead the team as the Ultimates in space (that was the team's role, right? Space threats and stuff?).

    Of the team's "big three" (him, Billy and Kate) he's the only one who hasn't led a team yet. Billy got to lead the short lived New-New Avengers, Kate obviously led the WCA, and hell, even outside them, Eli led the OG team, and America got to lead the Ultimates iirc. It would be a chance to give him some leadership skills outside of space politics, and it would keep the group together. Have it be Teddy, Billy, Kate, America, Eli, Tommy, Cassie, and maybe add in Fuse and/or Alloy to give them more heavy hitters to compensate for Eli, Kate and Cassie's power levels. Or, maybe let Eli and Cassie stay on Earth to form a new faction of the YA, and let Fuse and Alloy take their spots. There's just a lot of magic and chemistry between the previous members that I think hasn't been allowed to thrive in today's Marvel landscape since they haven't gotten a steady stream of issues between them.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 07-31-2020 at 05:00 PM.

  4. #979
    Spectacular Member Waking Replica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    102

    Default

    That being said, YA is their brand, and I think that the Marvel 1000 page they got summarizes the whole "too old, sans Cassie, for the team name" thing. They're the Not-So Young Avengers, and they can live with it. And besides, I'd rather them be written as old as they can be to differentiate them from the Champions. My initial worry with the Outlawed stuff was that they'd be retconned to be around Kamala and her peers' ages so that they could all be consolidated under a teen team roster. I'd rather have them be maybe very late teens, but mostly very early twenties, to be in a way, the Titans to the Champion's YJ (I don't read much DC, so forgive me if that comparison doesn't make sense)

  5. #980
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Hope you're right and this is the big damn kiss but I don't trust Marvel right now with Slott involved plus Knull looming and Marvel quietly going no gay stuff again.
    Slott is not actually in charge of Empyre, he admitted that himself. He said that he had to beg for Ewing to not kill a certain character, which means that Al is definitely the one pulling the strings on this event. And I feel like as long as Tom Brevoort is in charge of the Avengers Office, Billy and Teddy are safe. People don't give Tom enough credit for how much Wickling has flourished under him. He was the very reason they were a gay couple in the first place (according to Allan Heinberg), and they've been a power couple for 15 years in Avengers-related titles, with no killing or breaking up. I also remember Tom once saying on his Tumblr that Wickling is his favorite gay couple. So I think we're good. I'd be more worried if they were in the hands of another editor, like the X-Men editor who justified breaking up a gay couple because ''people can't be too happy all the time''.

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Do you guys really want them to be the Young Avengers when the event ends?
    I don't know, it seems like a huge step back after all they've been through. I don't want them to be seen as just the Avengers rookies again.
    I'd much rather see them adopting a new name like The Ultimates. Something that doesn't automatically make them seem lesser than the main team.
    I've had this discussion so many times already.... so I'm just gonna say yes, they should keep the Young Avengers name. I think there's still a lot of stories to be told under that particular title. We've never ever had that many YA books in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    That being said, YA is their brand, and I think that the Marvel 1000 page they got summarizes the whole "too old, sans Cassie, for the team name" thing. They're the Not-So Young Avengers, and they can live with it. And besides, I'd rather them be written as old as they can be to differentiate them from the Champions. My initial worry with the Outlawed stuff was that they'd be retconned to be around Kamala and her peers' ages so that they could all be consolidated under a teen team roster. I'd rather have them be maybe very late teens, but mostly very early twenties, to be in a way, the Titans to the Champion's YJ (I don't read much DC, so forgive me if that comparison doesn't make sense)
    I don't follow DC stuff either, but I think their current Teen Titans would probably be more equivalent to Champions. Young Justice was created a few years before the Young Avengers, and some of the original members are still there, so they're also in that ''older than this generation, but younger than this one'' space the YA find themselves in.

  6. #981
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,636

    Default

    Yeah, Nightwing's Titans are equivalent to the New Warriors, Young Justice is equivalent to Young Avengers, and Damian's Teen Titans are the equivalent of the Champions (those two teams actually launched at around the same time, in 2016).

    And actually, the Champs and YAs overall are the same age range. Cassie's younger than all the Champions except for Ironheart and Nova (who are both 15 - Cassie is 16) - and the same age as Unstoppable Wasp. Amadeus is at least 19, and thus as old as the core YAs. I believe Power Man (Victor Alvarez) and Dust are as well.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-31-2020 at 06:57 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  7. #982
    All-New Member GraysonXIV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    During one of the podcasts Anthony said the last time we saw Eli was at “the wedding” dinner in Marvel 1000, he quickly backtracked and said the dinner, but kept slipping. I think it’s more than likely that’s what Aftermath is. Ideal ending is the last panel “To be continued in YA Vol 3” or “Billy and Teddy”. I think there were some tweets to Anthony about writing more YA or BillyTeddy where he replied kind of coy with some emojis, but I could be misremembering.
    Do you remember which podcast this was? I’m interested in listening.

  8. #983
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GraysonXIV View Post
    Do you remember which podcast this was? I’m interested in listening.
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/3yF...SL-CaKy8tt2maw

    I dont remember how far into it it was, but here you go. It’s a pretty fun listen.

  9. #984
    All-New Member GraysonXIV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/3yF...SL-CaKy8tt2maw

    I dont remember how far into it it was, but here you go. It’s a pretty fun listen.
    Thank you!

  10. #985
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,636

    Default

    Teen heroes hanging out (apparently at Doreen's place):


    Drawn by Stephen Byrne.
    https://twitter.com/StephenByrne86/s...309184/photo/1
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-01-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  11. #986
    Mighty Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Teen heroes hanging out (apparently at Doreen's place):


    Drawn by Stephen Byrne.
    https://twitter.com/StephenByrne86/s...309184/photo/1
    Funny Kate just looks like this whole thing is beneath her reminds me of the discussion we always have on this board about whether or not the YA have outgrown the "Young," aspect, very ironic.

  12. #987
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,369

    Default

    At least Kate's not in the hip hole costume

  13. #988
    Mighty Member mreddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm fine with Young Avengers as a name
    They're still younger than most Avengers (even if they're older than the Champions)

    Besides it's a strong and popular brand name for them, trying to rebrand never really works out
    Young Avengers is a brand name, they'll likely consider themselves Avengers but not the YA anymore but it'll be a running gag.

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Funny Kate just looks like this whole thing is beneath her reminds me of the discussion we always have on this board about whether or not the YA have outgrown the "Young," aspect, very ironic.
    Again, I feel we'll get a slight age retcon soon.

  14. #989
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,636

    Default

    Considering how young Cassie still is - she's 16, only two years older than she was when the YA started - something that Runaways agrees with as they're also only two years older than when they started according to their current book's first arc - the YAs shouldn't be older than 19. Kate was still at school in the original YA series. Like I said earlier, they're not significantly older than the Champions, the two teams' members' ages overlap.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  15. #990
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    At least Kate's not in the hip hole costume

    On the subject of attire...
    From Young Avengers Presents #6
    KateDress.jpg

    I think she wore it better than Clint....


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •