Page 100 of 131 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1963

Cheung Posted This

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Cheung Posted This

So another cover, hmm... I'm suspecting a variant for GotG, a variant for the SWORD book, or *fingers crossed* a new book! And is it just me, or does Teddy have new chest armor?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Billy is wearing his classic costume again, I love that Cheung prefers that one

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Billy is wearing his classic costume again, I love that Cheung prefers that one
    Cheung tends to do this combination version of Vol 1 and 2 heavy emphasis on the stars/galaxy print but he adds the belt buckle thing. I wish they'd bring back Billy's headband they could make into a crown type thing now.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Just saw on my TL that Jim commented on the ig pic that he wasn't sure what the cover was for, so maybe it'll be for a new book after all!

It could be for a reprint of one of the Empyre issues

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    David can appear. He does not have to be a mutant. Nothing is preventing anyone beyond the obvious X-Men from appearing and getting those powers later.
    Technically, he can... but I just don't think they will do it, or they should. I don't really see the point of introducing David when there is NO X-Men lore for him to interact with. The idea that he would be introduced without being a mutant at first only works if he is a little kid and you want to say he awakens his mutation once he goes through puberty years later, otherwise you'd have to change what essentially means to be a mutant in the MCU, which would be a big deal and not something I see them doing just so they can introduce lesser known X-Men in that universe. So I stand by my point: I don't think we're getting any mutant characters until mutantkind/X-Men is properly introduced in the MCU. Maybe you can get away with it with someone who is more or less independent from the X-Men team and has bigger ties to other groups like Abigail Brand with S.W.O.R.D., but Prodigy is much more of an X-Man than a Young Avenger, so... at the end of the day, I don't think he'll be a priority for the MCU YA roster. I doubt we're even getting a direct adaption of Vol. 1, much less Vol. 2. If they adapt Gillen's run, all they really need when it comes to the main Mother plot is Loki and America, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Cheung Posted This

YES!!!! Hoping and praying this is for a January release! I don't wanna wait any more time to see them again. Also, my biggest takeaway is that Excelsior seems to be fixed already. Or this book takes place before what we saw at the end of Empyre Aftermath.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It could be for a reprint of one of the Empyre issues
    I feel like if it was for a reprint of Empyre, he would've known about it, because it's not like Marvel needs to keep secret about a book that's been out for a while now.

My guesses are:

- Guardians Of The Galaxy (we know Ewing has plans for them there)
    - S.W.O.R.D. (they're not a part of the main cast, BUT they could guest star as a way to continue the cliffhanger from Aftermath)
    - King In Black tie-in (I think this is the alternative to the S.W.O.R.D. title; they would show up in one of the two)
    - Some other new book entirely (Ewing indicated he heard about plans for them in another book as well, but it could end up being the same KIB tie-in I just suggested above)
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-03-2020 at 12:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Heck, Prodigy could easily just be given eidetic memory, like Taskmaster. Where as soon as you see or hear something, you can recall it. Like, he could read a medical book, and he'd have the knowledge needed to operate on someone, or he could watch a martial arts video, and be able to copy any moves he sees in it with perfect recall. It's slightly different to his mutant ability, but the end result is the same, without it being a superpower. The only thing he wouldn't be able to do is copy superpowers, which he can't do in the comics anyway (he's not Rogue!)
    So basically Taskmaster with perfect recall??

That's what I said.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Someone sold a copy of Young Avengers #2 for $225.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/thre...stseller-list/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Someone sold a copy of Young Avengers #2 for $225.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/thre...stseller-list/
    Is that from volume 1 or 2? And why is that particular issue suddenly so valuable? The only notable first appearance I can think of was Cassie's first time interacting with the team in vol. 1.

That could be it - it's the first time Cassie uses her powers, and as you say, the first time she meets the other Young Avengers - she wasn't in issue 1.

There's nothing notable about the second Young Avengers #2.

Incredible Member

It's also Kate's first appearance as Hawkeye and she is co headlining the Disney+ series.

The comic store I go to had its owner tell me people were looking for the first two issues because of the announcement for Hawkeye.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 10-05-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Kate doesn't become Hawkeye until the end of the series, does she? She initially can't decide on a gimmick and takes gear belonging to Hawkeye, Mockingbird, and Swordsman, three deceased "badass normal" Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    It's also Kate's first appearance as Hawkeye and she is co headlining the Disney+ series.

The comic store I go to had its owner tell me people were looking for the first two issues because of the announcement for Hawkeye.
    To be technical, Kate's first appearance as Hawkeye was on the last issue of the first volume. You could argue that she had her debut as ''Hawkingbird'' first, but even that wasn't on issue 2. But yeah, I guess it's possible the first few issues all became more valuable because of the MCU. I suppose issues featuring Billy and Tommy will also become more valuable once Marvel starts to promote them for WandaVision. I can see people making a buck out of Young Avengers Presents: Wiccan & Speed, since that was basically the only ''solo'' title they ever had.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-06-2020 at 12:01 AM.